“The worst customer service in the world!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Riviera Hotel & Casino

You added Riviera Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Riviera Hotel & Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2901 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Ranked #151 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Toronto, Canada
“The worst customer service in the world!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

When we got to the hotel the first thing we asked the front desk was if we can pay for late check out up front. The answer was that we dont have to do it now because we can do it the day of without a problem. On our last day we went downstairs as she advised us, and the next we know we were treated like garbage. A different front desk agent was quick to bark "I'm not offering that today" and proceeded to walk away. We had nothing packed and were rudely informed we had to be out of the room within ten minutes. We spoke with the manager after and he wasn't any more helpful than she was. Actually, he was even less helpful and equally uninterested. So here we are, throwing everything in the luggages so we can drop them off with the bell boys, because our flight was leaving at night (check out is at 12pm). The bell boy: another slap in the face! The bell boy, barely speaking english himself, had the audacity to tell us that we don't speak enough english (mind you we are Canadian). There is nothing pleasant about this experience at the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (847)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I recently returned from Las Vegas and stayed 3 nights at the Palms and two nights at the Riviera. Now I knew I was downgrading slightly from the Palms to the Riviera but I just didn't realize how much. The place was not clean, the staff was rude, and my experience was the complete opposite of the Palms. I'm not new to Vegas; in fact, it was my 11th time. I only chose this hotel for a couple days because I had friends coming in and I wanted to be in the same "resort". Big. Mistake. There is also an $11.00 per day resort fee. I can handle resort fees as long as I feel like it's worth it. Here there is no justification. All in all, you can do better in Vegas for roughly the same amount of money if that is the price range you are in.

Greensburg, ks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We stayed at the Riv from March 11-15, 2012. I booked out trip through Allegiant Air. I was not expecting five stars since we got such a great price. The Riviera is on the north end of the strip and for some this is an inconvenience, but for us it was great as we do not like the crowds of the south strip. I am a couponer and budget Vegas traveler here are some insights and tips for staying at the Riviera.
Hotel: before you go email Jay Franken (jfranken@theriviera.com) ask for the Monaco tower. The room we had was pool view on the 46th floor. The room was updated and very clean. Large screen TV and marble bathroom. I have stayed at several hotels in Vegas and the Riv. was as nice as any of them!!! We did not have to stand in line long to register and they gave us several complimentary show discounts and some other 2 for 1's around the casino. Staff was friendly and helpful. One negative was the 11.00 per night hotel fee but if you look at most of the hotels in Vegas now, they are charging them anyway.
Pool: was nice and well kept... no extra fees for chairs or anything... pool side cabanas available for extra money... I will be sunning this summer when I go back. Its not the Caesar's but here again... we are into low key relaxation when we go
Casino: Casino is clean and has all the options of gaming without the crowds. I had good luck on the U-Spin Slots. We did not play table games this go around. Good odds on all table games and the new sports book was really nice although we did not make any bets... Should have put down 5 bucks on Lehigh and Norfolk St. HAHA.... Drink girls are well kept and zip around like crazy... Yep, you can get plastered on penny machines at the Riv...
Dining: We ate at two places: Poolside Cafe (formerly Kady's) and Queen Victoria Pub both places are really good. Queen Victoria is a traditional British Pub.... If you aren't sure about the drinks they serve ask for a sample... they'll hook you up... My wife liked the mango margi's... We ate breakfast, well... more like brunch two mornings at the Poolside cafe. If you are a couple get the Lumberjack and split it. You get two eggs, two sausage, two bacon, two toast, two pancakes, and toast for 12.99... Ask for Sommi, she's the best waitress in the joint! Great food and great service and cheaper than a buffet for all you can eat!
Tips: Here is the best tip I can offer you if you are going to the Riviera. The first morning, get up and go down to the info center by the back ABC store. Its back by the pinball hall of fame behind the ABC store. Tell them you would like some show tickets and they will ask you to take the 90 minute promo. We kept begging and finally ended up with: Crazygirls 2 tickets, Comedy Club 2 tickets, $40.00 voucher to the Queen Victoria Pub, and 2 free nights for this summer... It was well worth the 90 minutes. Oh, tell them you do not want to leave the property and you can do it right up stairs. It is through VI vactions and yes, it is a timeshare, but actually as all of these I have been too, we almost bought one... Really good deal!
Getting to the Hotel: It cost me $33.00 to ride a taxi to the Riviera from McCarran... There is a new bus route called the Westcliff Express that will take you from the airport to Downtown for $2.00... Find the Limo lines at the airport and the bus stop is right there you cannot miss it... I would recommend buying the 3 day RTC pass for $20.00 before you go... google RTC and it comes right up... that pass is good on all the Duece, SDC, and WAX buses so basically you can go anywhere you want too in Las Vegas...
Shows: We saw three shows in Vegas
1. Crazy Girls: Its basically a high class organized strip show... If you like T/A its the show for you... get in line early and tip the person a buck when they seat you and you can get on the front row... we did... it was fun and one of those... "What happens in Vegas... things.. hehe"
The magic guy is a riot... it was a good show and we had free tickets which made it even better
2. Comedy Club: IMO this is a must do in Vegas... we always do this show and love it... here again, a buck gets you right up front and you'll laugh hardddddd....
3. Fitz of Laughter: We did the Ribeye and show for 29.95 and I won 30.00 on a U-spin slot machine while waiting to get in so it was well worth it... Great meal and Awesome show the guy is a comic/magician/freak... HAHA... front row for a dollar tip... We really like this show and it was very audience interactive and not a big review
Pawn Stars.... Get on the northbound Duece bus... ride it to the Garcas Street stop.. get off and walk east two blocks and you cannot miss it... then walk straight north 4 blocks and you're on Fremont. They film on Monday and Wed. mornings do not go then... expect a 30 minute or more wait to get into the place.
Stuff near Hotel: right across the street is lots of slots... local hangout lots of cheap slots and fast drink girls... Circus/Circus is just across the street and the Strat is just down from you... There is a Mcdonald's just across the street... Yes they have a dollar menu... Get a coffee first day and keep your cup and ask for a refill everyday (if you are that much of a cheapy like me) haha
This was our best Vegas trip yet... We are cheapo vegas people so I am sure some of you found this review to be weird but I hope everyone got something out of this review... If this is your first trip to vegas remember these things:
1. Don't get in a rush... Vegas does not close down
2. Treat the workers with respect and be friendly and you'll have good Karma
3. A buck does wonders.... tip
4. Drink lots of water... you'll get dehydrated big time

Overall, I will definitely be staying at the Riv again

Room Tip: ask for the Monaco Tower
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012 via mobile

Maria Lopez was very courteous at the check in! Thanks

• Stayed March 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

After reading the mixed reviews and finding out the price I thought we were in for an adventure but that's part of the fun of it. In 2000 we stayed at the Bellagio and although excellent it kind of sucks your pocket unnecessarily dry so we decided for this trip we were going to try the cheaper side.

Our check in was very smooth and our rooms were great. We ate a the pub and Poolside Cafe and our meals were reasonable and very good.

The staff was courteous very helpful. I would most certainly stay at this hotel again and recommend it as a great place to stay.

Also, while there you need to have a meal at the Pepper Mill, a great restaurant close to the hotel.

There is one negative...bring your own toilet paper if you don't like sandpaper!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the strip or the pool.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

After reading peoples reviews on here i was very nervous about staying here and almost rebooked. We booked on expedia and decided to just go with it. We got there about 12 am and check in was a breeze took only about ten minutes there was only two people in front of us. We were put in the Monaco tower. When we got to our room it looked exactly like it did in the picture. The bed was freshly made the room was clean. The bed was very comfortable, we slept the best we have in months we wanted to bring the bed home with us. The casino did smell a lilttle smokey but it is fifty years old there probably has been fifty billion cigaretts smoke in there but it wasnt to bad. Our beds were freshly made every day and our room was cleaned. Overall we have no complaints about the Riviera it was a nice and enjoyable stay. Its not as fancy or busy as some of the other casinos down the strip but its not that far to walk down to the other parts. We went to a timeshare meeting which sounded like a good deal but couldnt do it. We got free tickets to the buffet at Planet Hollywood which was amazing the best buffet i have ever ate. We also got free tickets to the V Theater there which you can pick from several shows. We went to the variety show and it was great. I have never laughed so hard in my life lol. So it was worth going to their 90 minute meeting. All in all it was worth going to the Riviera and I would stay again for the price. After all it could just be your place to sleep and go down the strip further to check everything else out.

Room Tip: Ask for monaco tower
Kenosha, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

After all the bad reviews I was expecting a bad stay here. Actually it was pretty good. Arrived about 2:00 p.m. on Saturday March 10th. The check in line was very short. There was a problem with the dates of our reservation but the staff was very helpful and nice. Even upgraded our room for the trouble. We never encountered a rude employee anywhere during our entire stay. Everybody was very nice. The rooms are large and have everything you could need. The beds are comfy & clean and the bathroom was clean. The room could have been cleaner but it was clean enough. The parts that matter where clean.The whole hotel and Casino could use a good cleaning but for the price it's was good.

Room Tip: ask for the monoco tower
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Riviera Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!