“Wonderful anniversary trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3801 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
15% off + Pool Seating
Ranked #80 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
“Wonderful anniversary trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

We recently traveled to Vegas for our 25th wedding anniversary and chose the Trop as we've always had fun there.
I had heard they were renovating and didn't know quite what to expect but all I can say is we were completely blown away. They've taken a nice comfortable Strip hotel and made it a hip, classy elegant (yet still comfortable), Strip resort.
The new Paradise Tower rooms are just beautiful, the beds remarkable, the bathrooms gorgeous, obviously I just can't say enough, (and trust me, we've stayed at just about every hotel on the Strip over the years).
Highlighting our stay, though, was the customer service. From check in to check out I have never been treated better and by every single staff member we came in contact with. Front desk, pit boss, cocktail servers, dealers you name it, all acted as if our comfort and satisfaction was their personal responsibility and they took it very seriously. If there was even the slightest problem (which there wasn't), they wanted to personally solve it.
If you're staying here, do yourself a favor and check out Legends Steak House for dinner. There aren't a lot of fairly priced top end restaurants left in Vegas with this high level of quality and service.
All in all a perfect stay and kudos to Nicole Marshall for organizing a great on line presence and taking care of her customers as if we were her own.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
TropLV, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2010
Thank you for the review and, more importantly, thank you for letting us be a part of your special anniversary! I am so glad that our fantastic staff and the food at Legends Steak and Seafood was able to be a part of your memorable stay. It was my pleasure to assist you and I hope I get the honor of assisting with your 26th anniversary as well. Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

6,832 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,706)
england, uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

not sure why this place has got any negative comments... this is one of the cheapest priced hotels i could find, a cost of about £30 a night between 2!! thats £15 each a night!!!! for that price DO NOT expect everything to be like the bellagio! but the hotel is more than adequate, we stayed in 2 rooms, the first being 'ok', clean a bit dated, but we got upgraded for free when we asked for wifi, and the 2nd room was pretty good, bit more up to date, better air con, bit more spacious... the hotel has a nice pool area and plenty of sun loungers... room service was everyday replacing sheets and towels... plenty of slots, and a few blackjack tables... the restaurants were not great but fine for a quick bite... mentioned our flight wasnt until 5pm and they offered to give us late check out free which was nice... the only thing that was a dissappointment was the check inn, there was only 5 people in the queue but somehow took an hour to get served... but thats really the only negative i have to say about it... it is literally a 1 minute walk to MGM, i think its a great location on the strip, if your looking for a budget hotel i dont think you will be dissappointed with tropicana, happy holidaying!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. I will ensure that we review our check in operations to ensure a quicker check in. But I am glad you had a wonderful overall stay and can not wait to assist you on your next holiday. -Nicole
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010 via mobile

The last time I stayed there the service was great and the room wa kind of old. Came back this week service is even better and the rooms were amazing, and the pool rocks!

• Stayed May 2010
Thank you for your review and I am thrilled we were able to exceed your expectations on this trip. I hope on your next visit we can do the same. Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

Went to Las Vegas in May with a group of couples (20's) and had a wonderful stay at the Tropicana. The location is excellent on strip as it is not directly in the center but yet still walking distance within everything. We have stayed at several other hotels on the Strip, Monte Carlo, Luxor, and TI and this hotel is far better. The newly renovated rooms are amazing, as good as any other hotel on the strip but for much less money. And the staff during our entire stay was pleasant and willing to go above and beyond to make our time in Las Vegas memorable. In the summer, pools are an important part of choosing where to stay in Las Vegas and the renovated pool area at the Tropicana is impressive! I would highly recommend this hotel to any couple, or group of people looking for a fun place to stay in Las Vegas while still wanting somewhere nice to come back to at the end of the night! Oh and don't forget to check out the open all night deli...best sandwiches in Vegas!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and I am so glad your stay was memorable. Our South Beach Cafe and Deli does have on of he best 24 hour menus on the Strip and I am thrilled you enjoyed it. Please feel free to contact me on your next visit for personal attention. Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

The Tropicana hotel is now fully renovated, the rooms and main casino have a great beach feel. The rooms are full upgrades with great new beds, flat screens the works. The pool is awesome and all of the staff is really friendly. I had a way better hotel experience at the Trop then other hotels I have stayed at. Fully recommend it to anyone for any purpose, young couples and old.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review and I am excited you had such a great stay. I can not wait to se you on your next vacation and offer my personal assistance. Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

I was blown away by the friendliest of the staff and the amazing renovations. I loved the new south beach theme, and especially the pool!!!! The casino staff were very accommodating, whether it was a dealer explaining specific rules at a craps table or quick drink service by the waitress - often times at casinos it takes a while to get a drink while gambling.

I would fully recommend anyone visiting Vegas to stay here!!! GREAT WORK TROPICANA

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review and I am glad our staff was abel to assist you with such a memorable trip! We pride ourselves on our service so please consider this to be our intended levels of service! Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

I booked the Topicana for three nights in May, at check-in i was upgraded to from a garden room to the island tower, the staff were very friendly yes the room was dated, but I had a fantastic view of the strip, the price was great, and the pool was wonderful too.
I checked out to moved to the hard rock where i had 5 nights booked, at the end of my stay i found out i would be delayed leaving las vegas for a few days so moved back to the trop as i preferred the service and location to the hard rock.

Upon checking back in i was given a Spa suite in the Island tower, fantastic corner spa, one bedroom suite and a view of almost the entire strip. I was travelling stand by so stayed three nights, but had to book each one seperately on the day, and the front desk staff were incredibly accommodating, allowing me to stay in the suite each day with no problems.

This was my third trip to vegas, and the 4th hotel i had stayed in and i found the staff to be the friendliest by far., and they all seemed very excited by the ongoing renovations which look great.
The pool area and service was great, and i enjoyed dinner at Bacio.

Planning on going back again in October, and the Trop is currently my first choice, especially given the renovations. Looking forward to trying the paradise rooms on my next stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review and I am happy we seemed to exceed your expectations. We do pride ourselves on our service and I look forward to your October stay. Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

Been to Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!