We always stay at the Trop when in Vegas. We have a GREAT Casino host, Iris, and she did an especially nice job this time. We had a sort of famliy reunion in October at the Trop. Iris always makes sure we are taken care of as best as she can (related to our level of play) and this time she also took care of all the family memebers who came with. People that have never even been to the Trop before had an easy checkin with their players cards all ready when checking in. No issues at all (other than I wanted a suite lol). We were all there on different schedules and no matter what the day or time the staff was great and there was not one issue. When we did sleep in all we had to do is call housekeeping and someone came right away to make up the room and at no time were we shorted anything and the room was always cleaned. All the staff that I came in contact with was great except for one of the older cocktail waitresses who maybe should retire. She acts like getting drinks for gamblers is a chore and is very, very low. I guess that is the one thing that could be improved on. I have to say the service for slot gamers is usually a bit lacking even when you are a good tipper. At times there is just not enough of them. I did gamble at a few other casino's and have to say that at a few of them the drink service was much better but at a few (MGM and NYNY were way slower). I would like to personally thank our casion host Iris for an outstanding job and helping to make some elderly family memebers very comfortable during our stay. We were there for 7 days & 6 nights and had no issues with the hotel or the staff. Thanks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare to be surprised. The New Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today's global travelers with a recently completed $200 million transformation that provides a casually elegant experience on the Las Vegas Strip. With a unique South Beach vibe, the hotel features all-new rooms, suites and luxury villas that evoke the sentiment of a breezy beach house or penthouse in Miami, a fresh redesign of the 50,000-square-foot casino, several award-winning restaurants, a new race and sports book, and Glow(R), a Mandara Spa and fitness center. First-class entertainment includes "The New Illusions" starring Jan Rouven and "Raiding the Rock Vault" in the all-new Tropicana Theater (coming November 2014), Laugh Factory comedy club and live music in the Tropicana Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Vegas.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas