You added Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3801 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Room + Show Package Steal
Ranked #88 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Anchorage, Alaska
“Love the Trop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We always stay at the Trop when in Vegas. We have a GREAT Casino host, Iris, and she did an especially nice job this time. We had a sort of famliy reunion in October at the Trop. Iris always makes sure we are taken care of as best as she can (related to our level of play) and this time she also took care of all the family memebers who came with. People that have never even been to the Trop before had an easy checkin with their players cards all ready when checking in. No issues at all (other than I wanted a suite lol). We were all there on different schedules and no matter what the day or time the staff was great and there was not one issue. When we did sleep in all we had to do is call housekeeping and someone came right away to make up the room and at no time were we shorted anything and the room was always cleaned. All the staff that I came in contact with was great except for one of the older cocktail waitresses who maybe should retire. She acts like getting drinks for gamblers is a chore and is very, very low. I guess that is the one thing that could be improved on. I have to say the service for slot gamers is usually a bit lacking even when you are a good tipper. At times there is just not enough of them. I did gamble at a few other casino's and have to say that at a few of them the drink service was much better but at a few (MGM and NYNY were way slower). I would like to personally thank our casion host Iris for an outstanding job and helping to make some elderly family memebers very comfortable during our stay. We were there for 7 days & 6 nights and had no issues with the hotel or the staff. Thanks!

Room Tip: Don't be a pain at checkin and you won't have an issue.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Trop L, Service Excellence at Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Painted P,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us such wonderful feedback! Our guest's comfort and satisfaction is our number one priority and we are pleased we were able to make you feel at home. Next time you are in town please feel free to reach out to us! Myexperience@Troplv.com- Shelby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,042)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed here because we're Hilton Honors members and I'm so glad we did. Our room was in the paradise tower; it was spacious amd clean with a comfy bed and even a daybed that I lounged on quite a bit. My only complaint about the room was that there's no coffee maker. This necessitates getting dressed to go downstairs and pay for overpriced Starbucks; I'd much prefer staying in the room, lounging on the daybed, and making coffee in my PJs. The $20 room service pot of coffee (not including delivery fee or gratuity) also isn't an option for me. Our room was very comfortable and quiet, though, and I slept well all three nights I was here . That's saying something for Vegas!

The hotel and casino have all been renovated and we were impressed with the casino floor. It's small but has everything you need. There are two nicer restaurants on site that are open for dinner, a steakhouse and an Italian restaurant; we didn't get to them this trip.There is also a casual restaurant open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a pretty good menu and decent food. There's a very small food court that was closed every time I passed it but it had pizza, sandwiches, and frozen yogurt. The only 24 hour option is Starbucks.

The location is great for us as we spend a lot of time at the MGM, Excalibur, NY NY, and Monte Carlo. We'll definitely stay again, especially being HH members.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MyCuppaJo,

Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Let me begin by saying that the staff and management at this casino is wonderful. I recently injured my foot and walking to the club tower proved to be very difficult, especially if it was done on a routine basis. They gladly moved us to the paradise tower, which was much closer to the main entrance. Also, I have visited Las Vegas close to a a dozen times and have mainly stayed in the Paris/Flamingo area, the more central part of the strip. Here is a detailed look at the Tropicana casino property.

Rooms: Requested non-smoking, king bed and we did receive that. Of note, after speaking with several guests, the club tower is much more quiet that the paradise tower. If you do stay in the paradise tower and want to minimize traffic noise (sirens, etc.), request a higher room or ask to face the airport. Rooms were clean, but we noticed that the sprinklers did not have a casing on them. There was just a big hole in the ceiling where the sprinkler came out from. Not classy.

Restaurants: There are only 3 restaurants in the casino building. Bacio, Biscayne and the Beach Cafe. There is also a food court that resembles more of a high school cafeteria than something that belongs in a Las Vegas casino/resort. There is also 2 Starbucks - we never had to wait long for our coffee in the morning.

The only place we ate in the casino was the Beach Cafe for breakfast. Food was decent, average price for breakfast on the strip, however, it was nothing special.

Pool: Amazingly, the pool area was open, much to my surprise! This was the highlight of the casino itself. Apparently, the pool area was closed the week before, not sure why they opened it for the weekend we were there. Pool area was clean and staff was friendly.

Casino floor: Strange casino layout and very quiet. Hardly anyone gambling and even during the busy times we noted that it seemed slow. Quite a bit different than the casinos toward the center of the strip. The scent that they pump through the casino certainly covers the cigarette smoke, but it is the strongest scent I've ever smelled on any of the casinos on the strip. They could stand to tone it down a bit.

Check in: Smooth and efficient. We are Hilton Honors members, so the wait was short. We also checked on a Friday at 12:30 pm.

To sum it up, I don't think we'd stay here again. The only reason we stayed here was for a conference and we got a great rate. The resort fee was also waived ($20/day). If we had to pay more than $100/night and the resort fee, we would look for another property on the strip. Their restaurant scene has a lot of room for improvement!!

Room Tip: Pick the Paradise Tower, higher room or facing the airport for a close walk and a quieter night of s...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Trop L, Service Excellence at Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear amalitta,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us this invaluable feedback. We strive to delight our Guests with our service and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Due to the season changing and the unpredictable weather we were experiencing during that time we did have to close it our pool, however we are thrilled to hear you were able to enjoy it during your visit! I hope you'll accept our apologies for any shortfalls experienced during your time with us. If you would like to further discuss your stay please feel free to reach out to me at Myexperience@Troplv.com - Shelby
Broadstone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Good place to stay for a first trip to Vegas, friendly and helpful staff. We were on the 14th floor so not disturbed by the casino, but city noise unavoidable. Easy access to adjacent hotels. Spacial and comfortable rooms.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kaikoura2,

We are pleased to hear you had an enjoyable time and that our staff provided you with friendly and courteous service! We truly look forward to your next visit! Myexperience@Troplv.com - Shelby
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The only reason I stayed here was because of the Hilton connection and I am an HHonors member. My experience here served to illustrate that there is no such thing as consistency in Hilton standards -- or perhaps I have just had better experience with other major international chains. I realize that a Doubletree is not the same as a Conrad but I wasn't expecting Conrad service.... The first problem for me was the headache-producing scent pumped through the property to mask the odor of smoke. This literally made me sick to my stomach thought other guests must not find this a problem or management would find something else. In our week in Las Vegas, we walked through almost every casino on the strip and only found one other with this sickening odor. This odor even permeated locked luggage in our room so our way of coping with this was to spend as much time as possible away from the property.... The second major problem happened shortly after the first: even though the hotel had been paid for the first night, I was told that only smoking rooms were available. Things degenerated pretty rapidly from there. I was especially non-plussed because I had called 48 hours prior to my arrival to review my needs (all of which were in writing in my reservation confirmation) and was told that everything was taken care of so I never expected this problem. It took about an hour and the involvement of a manager to get us to a room that was sort of satisfactory but still not what we had reserved. I felt that if staff had been trained better, the situation would not have escalated to something so stressful for me.... A manager the next morning did the best he could to make the best of the situation and, after that, I just gave up and decided that Hilton affiliation or not, this was not the best place for me to stay in Las Vegas.... After I shared all my observations in a post-check out survey, I was contacted by a guest experience staff member. Why didn't they contact me while I was still in house??? At the end of the day, my impressions were that management here really only cares about it's frequent gambling guests and I don't fit that profile.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
winemaven8,

We regret that the time spent with us was unable to exceed your expectations, and we sincerely apologize for the service shortfalls encountered during your stay. Please know that we take your satisfaction very seriously, and will most certainly investigate the matters you expressed. If you wish to discuss these issues further. Please feel free to contact me at Myexperience@Troplv.com - Shelby

We hope to have the chance to better serve you in the future.
Santa Maria, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

As both an Event Planner & conference attendee, I recommend the Tropicana for their friendly staff, willingness to work with your group to meet/exceed your needs, excellent food choices, and overall value for your budget dollars. The banquet & convention staff go above and beyond to make your experience pleasurable!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Tricia M,

We are absolutely thrilled to hear you had a wonderful time. Our goal to is meet and exceed our guests' expectations and we are happy to hear our staff provided exceptional service. Please let us know when you'll be visiting again! Myexperience@Troplv.com - Shelby
Wallkill, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The good points were that the room was a comfortable size and bed. I asked for a quiet room which it was and it was clean when we arrived. The staff for the most part were pleasant to deal with and accommodating when possible. However, they are greatly understaffed and it was difficult at times to get service. Also housekeeping was a bit hit and miss. Most nights the room was made up, but at other times they just made the bed. Not the worst, but definitely not 4 or 5 stars. For the price it was o.k. for a quick stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear pbteach,

We are pleased to hear that for the most part you had an enjoyable stay, I hope you'll accept our apologies for the lack of service you received while staying with us. We strive to always provide the best customer service and we are very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. If you would like to further discuss your stay please feel free to reach out to me at Myexperience@Troplv.com - Shelby