Let me begin by saying that the staff and management at this casino is wonderful. I recently injured my foot and walking to the club tower proved to be very difficult, especially if it was done on a routine basis. They gladly moved us to the paradise tower, which was much closer to the main entrance. Also, I have visited Las Vegas close to a a dozen times and have mainly stayed in the Paris/Flamingo area, the more central part of the strip. Here is a detailed look at the Tropicana casino property.
Rooms: Requested non-smoking, king bed and we did receive that. Of note, after speaking with several guests, the club tower is much more quiet that the paradise tower. If you do stay in the paradise tower and want to minimize traffic noise (sirens, etc.), request a higher room or ask to face the airport. Rooms were clean, but we noticed that the sprinklers did not have a casing on them. There was just a big hole in the ceiling where the sprinkler came out from. Not classy.
Restaurants: There are only 3 restaurants in the casino building. Bacio, Biscayne and the Beach Cafe. There is also a food court that resembles more of a high school cafeteria than something that belongs in a Las Vegas casino/resort. There is also 2 Starbucks - we never had to wait long for our coffee in the morning.
The only place we ate in the casino was the Beach Cafe for breakfast. Food was decent, average price for breakfast on the strip, however, it was nothing special.
Pool: Amazingly, the pool area was open, much to my surprise! This was the highlight of the casino itself. Apparently, the pool area was closed the week before, not sure why they opened it for the weekend we were there. Pool area was clean and staff was friendly.
Casino floor: Strange casino layout and very quiet. Hardly anyone gambling and even during the busy times we noted that it seemed slow. Quite a bit different than the casinos toward the center of the strip. The scent that they pump through the casino certainly covers the cigarette smoke, but it is the strongest scent I've ever smelled on any of the casinos on the strip. They could stand to tone it down a bit.
Check in: Smooth and efficient. We are Hilton Honors members, so the wait was short. We also checked on a Friday at 12:30 pm.
To sum it up, I don't think we'd stay here again. The only reason we stayed here was for a conference and we got a great rate. The resort fee was also waived ($20/day). If we had to pay more than $100/night and the resort fee, we would look for another property on the strip. Their restaurant scene has a lot of room for improvement!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare to be surprised. The New Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today’s global travelers with a casually elegant experience on the Las Vegas Strip and a convenient location just minutes from the airport, major convention centers and top entertainment stadiums. With a unique South Beach vibe after a $200 million complete transformation, the hotel features all-new rooms, suites and luxury villas that evoke the sentiment of a breezy beach house or penthouse in Miami, a fresh redesign of the 50,000-square-foot casino, several award-winning restaurants, a new race and sports book, and Glow®, a Mandara Spa and fitness center. First-class entertainment includes “The New ILLUSIONS” starring Jan Rouven and “Raiding the Rock Vault” in the all-new Tropicana Theater, Laugh Factory comedy club and live music in the Tropicana Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Otel, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Hilton Hotels so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas