“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

You added Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3801 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Room + Show Package Steal
Ranked #87 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Broadstone, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Good place to stay for a first trip to Vegas, friendly and helpful staff. We were on the 14th floor so not disturbed by the casino, but city noise unavoidable. Easy access to adjacent hotels. Spacial and comfortable rooms.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Trop L, Service Excellence at Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Kaikoura2,

We are pleased to hear you had an enjoyable time and that our staff provided you with friendly and courteous service! We truly look forward to your next visit! Myexperience@Troplv.com - Shelby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,829)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The only reason I stayed here was because of the Hilton connection and I am an HHonors member. My experience here served to illustrate that there is no such thing as consistency in Hilton standards -- or perhaps I have just had better experience with other major international chains. I realize that a Doubletree is not the same as a Conrad but I wasn't expecting Conrad service.... The first problem for me was the headache-producing scent pumped through the property to mask the odor of smoke. This literally made me sick to my stomach thought other guests must not find this a problem or management would find something else. In our week in Las Vegas, we walked through almost every casino on the strip and only found one other with this sickening odor. This odor even permeated locked luggage in our room so our way of coping with this was to spend as much time as possible away from the property.... The second major problem happened shortly after the first: even though the hotel had been paid for the first night, I was told that only smoking rooms were available. Things degenerated pretty rapidly from there. I was especially non-plussed because I had called 48 hours prior to my arrival to review my needs (all of which were in writing in my reservation confirmation) and was told that everything was taken care of so I never expected this problem. It took about an hour and the involvement of a manager to get us to a room that was sort of satisfactory but still not what we had reserved. I felt that if staff had been trained better, the situation would not have escalated to something so stressful for me.... A manager the next morning did the best he could to make the best of the situation and, after that, I just gave up and decided that Hilton affiliation or not, this was not the best place for me to stay in Las Vegas.... After I shared all my observations in a post-check out survey, I was contacted by a guest experience staff member. Why didn't they contact me while I was still in house??? At the end of the day, my impressions were that management here really only cares about it's frequent gambling guests and I don't fit that profile.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Trop L, Service Excellence at Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
winemaven8,

We regret that the time spent with us was unable to exceed your expectations, and we sincerely apologize for the service shortfalls encountered during your stay. Please know that we take your satisfaction very seriously, and will most certainly investigate the matters you expressed. If you wish to discuss these issues further. Please feel free to contact me at Myexperience@Troplv.com - Shelby

We hope to have the chance to better serve you in the future.
Santa Maria, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

As both an Event Planner & conference attendee, I recommend the Tropicana for their friendly staff, willingness to work with your group to meet/exceed your needs, excellent food choices, and overall value for your budget dollars. The banquet & convention staff go above and beyond to make your experience pleasurable!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Tricia M,

We are absolutely thrilled to hear you had a wonderful time. Our goal to is meet and exceed our guests' expectations and we are happy to hear our staff provided exceptional service. Please let us know when you'll be visiting again! Myexperience@Troplv.com - Shelby
Wallkill, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The good points were that the room was a comfortable size and bed. I asked for a quiet room which it was and it was clean when we arrived. The staff for the most part were pleasant to deal with and accommodating when possible. However, they are greatly understaffed and it was difficult at times to get service. Also housekeeping was a bit hit and miss. Most nights the room was made up, but at other times they just made the bed. Not the worst, but definitely not 4 or 5 stars. For the price it was o.k. for a quick stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear pbteach,

We are pleased to hear that for the most part you had an enjoyable stay, I hope you'll accept our apologies for the lack of service you received while staying with us. We strive to always provide the best customer service and we are very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. If you would like to further discuss your stay please feel free to reach out to me at Myexperience@Troplv.com - Shelby
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The hotel was nice. The service was good in the hotel, just okay in the restaurant. The bad thing was that the meeting/conference room was extremely cold for the entire three days that we were there. Very cold.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Theresa R,

Thank you staying with us and leaving us a review. We strive to delight our Guests with our service and I am thrilled to know you enjoyed stay with us. I do hope you'll accept our apologies for the air conditioning challenges you experienced during your conference. I have passed on this information to our management for immediate improvements. Please let us know when you'll be visiting us again! Myexperience@troplv.com – Mali
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I came in on a complimentary promotion and was charged for my stay without notice. The casino host did not explain to me in detail what was expected of me for the promotion nor did it clearly state it on any of the information that was sent to me.

To top it off he was rude to me from the introduction (which struck me as odd if they were trying to get me back as a player) and continued to be rude and made no attempt to clear up the dispute. To top it off he made no attempt to contact me to explain anything to me during the time there. Considering I was booked to stay there for 7 days I did not have an opportunity to play the average by the end of my stay. To top it off I did not hear from the host during my stay and he cancelled my stay for the remaining of my trip without notice. If Ron Chalk is representative of Tropicana than they clearly do not value their customers if this their standard practice. Yes, I was told I had to play which was no problem with because that is what you are to do when in Vegas.

FYI - It has been explained that casinos expect approximately an average of 4 hours a day or a certain dollar amount of play in order to keep your complimentary status. I did not know you could pull a bait and switch without notification. Is this legal?

Beware of a rude and bad casino host and fine print that is not written. This was not the first time I had a problem at this hotel but my previous casino host was the best and I was encouraged to come back.

Sad because I like the hotel when I need a break but I will never stay there again based on customer service.

- Nice Hotel - Renovations made a difference
- Great door people and valet
- Good slot games
- Great lounge but needs better entertainment on the weekend
- Good restaurants
- Terrible customer service and casino host
- Feels a bit empty and lacks luster on the weekends so if you are looking for a party I am not sure this is the right place

Room Tip: Club Tower is the best. Long walk but nicer rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Alycia30,

We appreciate the valuable feedback your provided us, We strive to make each and every guests' stay comfortable and memorable. We are terribly sorry for lack of exceptional customer service you received during your recent visit. I have forwarded this feedback to the necessary departments so we can strive to always provide exceptional service. If there is anything more we can assist you with please contact us directly at Myexperience@Troplv.com – Shelby
Stromness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The hotel was extremely clean and well appointed. Our room looked out over the airport, which was not a problem. The room was large with a decent sized bathroom. Staff were courteous and helpful. Unfortunately the pool was too cold to use, so we made use of the garden recliners instead. The location is fine and near enough to the madness which is Las Vegas. .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Orkneycat,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are thrilled to hear you had a good time and our staff provided you with exceptional service! I hope you'll accept our apologies for the unexpected challenges we experienced with our pool. We would love the chance to have you visit us again, next time you are in our area feel free to reach out to us! Myexperience@Troplv.com - Shelby

Been to Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!