You added Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3801 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Room + Show Package Steal
Ranked #88 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Wallkill, New York
“O.k.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The good points were that the room was a comfortable size and bed. I asked for a quiet room which it was and it was clean when we arrived. The staff for the most part were pleasant to deal with and accommodating when possible. However, they are greatly understaffed and it was difficult at times to get service. Also housekeeping was a bit hit and miss. Most nights the room was made up, but at other times they just made the bed. Not the worst, but definitely not 4 or 5 stars. For the price it was o.k. for a quick stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Trop L, Service Excellence at Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear pbteach,

We are pleased to hear that for the most part you had an enjoyable stay, I hope you'll accept our apologies for the lack of service you received while staying with us. We strive to always provide the best customer service and we are very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. If you would like to further discuss your stay please feel free to reach out to me at Myexperience@Troplv.com - Shelby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,096)
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The hotel was nice. The service was good in the hotel, just okay in the restaurant. The bad thing was that the meeting/conference room was extremely cold for the entire three days that we were there. Very cold.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Trop L, Service Excellence at Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Theresa R,

Thank you staying with us and leaving us a review. We strive to delight our Guests with our service and I am thrilled to know you enjoyed stay with us. I do hope you'll accept our apologies for the air conditioning challenges you experienced during your conference. I have passed on this information to our management for immediate improvements. Please let us know when you'll be visiting us again! Myexperience@troplv.com – Mali
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I came in on a complimentary promotion and was charged for my stay without notice. The casino host did not explain to me in detail what was expected of me for the promotion nor did it clearly state it on any of the information that was sent to me.

To top it off he was rude to me from the introduction (which struck me as odd if they were trying to get me back as a player) and continued to be rude and made no attempt to clear up the dispute. To top it off he made no attempt to contact me to explain anything to me during the time there. Considering I was booked to stay there for 7 days I did not have an opportunity to play the average by the end of my stay. To top it off I did not hear from the host during my stay and he cancelled my stay for the remaining of my trip without notice. If Ron Chalk is representative of Tropicana than they clearly do not value their customers if this their standard practice. Yes, I was told I had to play which was no problem with because that is what you are to do when in Vegas.

FYI - It has been explained that casinos expect approximately an average of 4 hours a day or a certain dollar amount of play in order to keep your complimentary status. I did not know you could pull a bait and switch without notification. Is this legal?

Beware of a rude and bad casino host and fine print that is not written. This was not the first time I had a problem at this hotel but my previous casino host was the best and I was encouraged to come back.

Sad because I like the hotel when I need a break but I will never stay there again based on customer service.

- Nice Hotel - Renovations made a difference
- Great door people and valet
- Good slot games
- Great lounge but needs better entertainment on the weekend
- Good restaurants
- Terrible customer service and casino host
- Feels a bit empty and lacks luster on the weekends so if you are looking for a party I am not sure this is the right place

Room Tip: Club Tower is the best. Long walk but nicer rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Alycia30,

We appreciate the valuable feedback your provided us, We strive to make each and every guests' stay comfortable and memorable. We are terribly sorry for lack of exceptional customer service you received during your recent visit. I have forwarded this feedback to the necessary departments so we can strive to always provide exceptional service. If there is anything more we can assist you with please contact us directly at Myexperience@Troplv.com – Shelby
Stromness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The hotel was extremely clean and well appointed. Our room looked out over the airport, which was not a problem. The room was large with a decent sized bathroom. Staff were courteous and helpful. Unfortunately the pool was too cold to use, so we made use of the garden recliners instead. The location is fine and near enough to the madness which is Las Vegas. .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Orkneycat,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are thrilled to hear you had a good time and our staff provided you with exceptional service! I hope you'll accept our apologies for the unexpected challenges we experienced with our pool. We would love the chance to have you visit us again, next time you are in our area feel free to reach out to us! Myexperience@Troplv.com - Shelby
Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

After a 10 hour flight and not knowing what we were going to we were pleasantly surprised to find the Tropicana a lovely, well refurbished hotel. However, from the main entrance and a walk through the casino, it literally took about 10 minutes to get to our room on the 14th floor of the 'club block'. Our room overlooked McCarron airport although this didn't bother us as we were out most of the time. Las Vegas has to be seen to be believed, its magic, its noisy and its very hot in summer months; average - 44 degs. A five-minute drive out of town will find prices for meals drop considerably, the strip is pricey! Casino in this hotel is quite bright and buzzing all the time, other hotel casinos appeared dark and dingy. Poolside was great, plenty of sun loungers and music plays constantly. There are no clocks in any of the casinos (they don't want you to leave) and there are no seats on the 'sidewalks', so be prepared to wear comfortable shoes and walk your feet off.
Highlight of trip was seeing Celine Dion, such a fabulous and memorable show. Also, Barry Manilow - who didn't even turn up for his show - saw our money refunded!
Taking a trip to the top of the Stratosphere was an experience - 105 stories high and a magnificent view over Las Vegas together with 'thrill' rides at the top. A must see are the fountains at the Bellagio hotel - fabulous. Plenty places to eat on the strip however, 3 days before we left, we ate in one of the hotel restaurants we'd used on our arrival; this restaurant had been made into a Tapas bar restaurant in the time we'd been there! A few hours after eating there, I was violently ill with sickness and diarrhoea - was ill for 2 days.
If I returned to Vegas I, wouldn't hesitate to stay here even though I was poorly!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My family and I are regular users of the Hilton brand. As an HHonors member I expect a certain standard of service which was sadly lacking here. I am entitled to a free room upgrade if one is available but twice I was fobbed off being told that the hotel was fully booked. This was particularly frustrating as behind the concierge there was an ad to pay for a free room upgrade! Also, the two suites below our room were unoccupied and a person who looked strangely like the overall manager of the hotel was seen showing a prospective guest around one of these suites that remained unoccupied. At this Double Tree you are given a voucher for your cookie - not the same as being presented with one at the check in desk I am afraid. Our bungalow pool view room was at best a 3* and this is being generous. I had to ask for a coffee machine and there was no fridge. To me, such basic facilities only warrants a 2* hotel classification. The 'feature' pools were closed for the season, even though there were 3 lifeguards present at the only pool you could sit around and admire. For Brits used to inclement weather, this was particularly frustrating - I have never felt so safe from drowning by a pool I could not use with 3 lifeguards present! The Tropicana casino is strangely brightly lit 24/7 which disinhibits use I think. This was the only casino illuminated this way and certainly was a lot quieter compared to elsewhere on the strip. On a positive note - we were entitled to a free breakfast in a specified section of the restaurant. This was excellent and the 'made to order' omelettes were superb. There was a great variety of pastries, fruit and cereals and plenty of coffee and juice on tap. This compensated a bit for the other disappointments, but for the almost $1300 spent for 6 nights accommodation my suggestion would be to look elsewhere on the strip. Finally, we did enquire about the spa and booking the Biscayne restaurant on site. The spa was very pricey so my wife declined a treatment costing half the price back home. They could not find a table for us in the Biscayne restaurant, but we were advised to check on the desk on the day. safe to say, we took our business elsewhere. My advice would be only stay at this hotel if you get a real good deal - no more than $100 a night and only expect a 3* experience.

Room Tip: Force the issue for room upgrade with a manager I would suggest - especially if you are a frequent u...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear KevinVickyHolly,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful breakfast experience! We apologize that your stay fell short of your expectations, we appreciate this feedback as it helps us to further improve in every way possible. We sincerely hope you will visit us again, if you would like to further discuss your stay please feel free to reach out to me at Myexperience@Troplv.com - Shelby
Welland, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed here for a week and found the staff so friendly. The restaurants both the buffet at the Beach Club and the Biscayne were excellent. the chef accommodated our son's wedding reception in just one day and the supper was excellent. Thank you thank you . Everyone here was great and we had a wonderful time. We would definity stay here again. The hotel was bright
and clean from the moment you enter . The room was clean and comfortable. Everyone at the front desk were very helpful and friendly and made our stay very nice, Thanks again.

NICEhcomfortable

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear lindamcc9,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us such wonderful feedback! Our guest's comfort and satisfaction is our number one priority and we are pleased we were able to make you feel at home. We thank you for choosing to stay with us on such a special occasion! Next time you are in town please feel free to reach out to us! Myexperience@Troplv.com- Shelby