I came in on a complimentary promotion and was charged for my stay without notice. The casino host did not explain to me in detail what was expected of me for the promotion nor did it clearly state it on any of the information that was sent to me.
To top it off he was rude to me from the introduction (which struck me as odd if they were trying to get me back as a player) and continued to be rude and made no attempt to clear up the dispute. To top it off he made no attempt to contact me to explain anything to me during the time there. Considering I was booked to stay there for 7 days I did not have an opportunity to play the average by the end of my stay. To top it off I did not hear from the host during my stay and he cancelled my stay for the remaining of my trip without notice. If Ron Chalk is representative of Tropicana than they clearly do not value their customers if this their standard practice. Yes, I was told I had to play which was no problem with because that is what you are to do when in Vegas.
FYI - It has been explained that casinos expect approximately an average of 4 hours a day or a certain dollar amount of play in order to keep your complimentary status. I did not know you could pull a bait and switch without notification. Is this legal?
Beware of a rude and bad casino host and fine print that is not written. This was not the first time I had a problem at this hotel but my previous casino host was the best and I was encouraged to come back.
Sad because I like the hotel when I need a break but I will never stay there again based on customer service.
- Nice Hotel - Renovations made a difference
- Great door people and valet
- Good slot games
- Great lounge but needs better entertainment on the weekend
- Good restaurants
- Terrible customer service and casino host
- Feels a bit empty and lacks luster on the weekends so if you are looking for a party I am not sure this is the right place
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare to be surprised. The New Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today's global travelers with a recently completed $200 million transformation that provides a casually elegant experience on the Las Vegas Strip. With a unique South Beach vibe, the hotel features all-new rooms, suites and luxury villas that evoke the sentiment of a breezy beach house or penthouse in Miami, a fresh redesign of the 50,000-square-foot casino, several award-winning restaurants, a new race and sports book, and Glow(R), a Mandara Spa and fitness center. First-class entertainment includes "The New Illusions" starring Jan Rouven and "Raiding the Rock Vault" in the all-new Tropicana Theater (coming November 2014), Laugh Factory comedy club and live music in the Tropicana Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Vegas.com, Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Otel, Odigeo, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas