“Great room and enjoyed our stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

You added Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3801 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Room + Show Package Steal
Ranked #89 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Arcata, CA
“Great room and enjoyed our stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Took our boys basketball team (each boy was with their parents which was GOOD) to Las Vegas for a AAU basketball tournament to finish off our season as the boys go into high school. We stayed in one of their tower suites and were not disappointed. Beautiful room with a great view. Ammenities were good and room was decorated well. Long walk from the Tower rooms to the front of the hotel. Liked the location close to MGM, New York New York and the shuttle to Mandalay Bay and the Luxor.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,856)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband I just returned from Vegas and we stayed at he Tropicana for 4 days. We go to Vegas every year and stay at different locations each time mainly for different experience. I would overall rate the hotel a 3 out of 5. Checking in was a little nerve racking we arrive early at 11:30 am, thinking we could check in at that time because every hotel we stayed in previous allowed us to, but we were informed check in was at 1:00 the clerk gave us a room key to hang out at the pool which was nice, We came back at 1:00 clerk inform us check in was at 1:30, came back at 1:30 clerk inform us it was at 2:00 now. Came back at 2:00 they could not find our reservation the clerk called Travelocity and do not why, but she said that we had to call them to get this straight. I talked to Travelocity and they informed that they sent the reservation weeks ago, they will resend everything which 15 minutes later they did. Doug was fabulous taking care of all it all. I was really annoyed at Travelocity for not sending the reservation not realizing until it was not their fault it was Tropicana fault and the reason why I believe this every time we needed service we had a issues. The service issue we had
1. Tropicana plus card clerk enter all our information wrong. Which took over 20 minutes to enter it in the first place
2. Switching rooms because of a loud air conditioner no one ever showed up to see what was wrong we made he decision to switch rooms
3. Getting a taxi on numerous occasion staff to busy talking to young ladies. Think you taxi driver for notice us standing there
4. Cafe at breakfast- food fantastic, server never said more than 5 words to us.
Overall I give the service a 3.5 because their are some staff who were fantastic - Doug, Lady who corrected all the wrong information on our Trop plus card, and 1 taxi attendant ( from MD ) who thank us for staying and hoped we would come back, and the housekeeper who cleaned our room- folded my husband pj and left at the bed each night.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Booked it through price line which is a bad idea to start with! We paid $120 per night for labour day weekend. We only found out we have to pay this extra $19.99 for resort fee per day. What is that for I have no idea and the pool isn't that good as previous reviewer said. The worst part of this is the freaking service, ending up queuing for almost ONE hour and guess what once we got to the front desk, the lady said our room wasn't ready! I mean it's already check in time!! We ended up coming back an hour later and have to queue one more time for another 40mins just to pick up a key! The lady gave me a look as if we all deserved to queue or what! Totally disappointment. The only good this is that the room is fairly clean and good size. But the rest was just horrible!

• Stayed September 2013
Peach Springs, Arizona, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

The hotel was very clean and my hotel room was very comfortable and out my window I could see the Las Vegas strip it had a great view and it was a great location across street from MGM, New York New York and Excalibur, I was able to walk to nearby casinos and enjoy shopping at M&M world and Coca-Cola and still walk back to my room to rest....

Room Tip: The Rooms located in the north side of the tower are a great chance to get that view of the Las Vega...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My wife and I had an amazing stay at the Trop in Las Vegas. The hotel, pool, room, restaurants and gaming were perfect. I recommend you play with Rob Prince, the best dealer on the strip. We can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Clive, Iowa, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I arrived at the Trop at about 4:30 pm today August 23, 2013. The self parking was practically non existent. I had a reservation and the room had yet to be cleaned. The registration desk said they would put a "rush" on it, which turns out is 1-2 hours. This appears to be acceptable. All this happened after my fiasco with reserving the room in June. I thought I had reserved the Spa Suite for the 23rd of August, but they had me down for the night I called which was June 25th. Finally, I was provided a room in the Paradise Tower. The room was spacious but was of low quality. The room was provided after I went back to check to see if my room was ready. They happened to have a room like the one reserved, but it was not offered up front. As far as the Trop goes it was a disappointment when compared to other hotels in the area. After seeing other hotels and casinos I was embarrassed to stay in the hotel or use their casino. Next time I will be staying far from the Tropicana.

• Stayed August 2013
Mali-TropLV, Service Excellence Team at Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Chad C,
Thank you for posting a review of our property after your recent stay with us. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to ensure all of our guests have a rewarding stay and I am terrible disappointed to know you did not. We have addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. We do thank you once again for your review, as it will help us continue to grow, develop, and better our hotel for the future. Myexperience@troplv.com - Mali
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

One for the few hotels on our road trip that had bothered to note this was a celebratory stay and gave a fantastic welcome on arrival. We upgraded to an amazing suite for little cost and was well worth the cost.

We had a stunning view over the strip. Parking was easy and free. The location was great for touring Vegas. If you to want to visit Freemont street then we can recommend the buses, which stop practically outside the hotel, and a cost effective way of getting there and back rather then the high cost of taxis.

The pool felt small for the size of hotel and number of guests so you need to be down early to secure your seats. The fitness centre is great, with all the equipment you'd need.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!