I was a little hesitant about staying at the Trop as it isn't in a central location and it's not one of the bigger/fancier casinos however all of my concerns vanished when we checked in. No, the Trop isn't a trendy place, but that's exactly what I loved about it - it's a nice oasis amongst all the crazy on the strip.
We originally requested a non-smoking king room but when we checked in they were completey booked and only had a smoking 2 queen room. I was a little upset but the front desk lady assured me they'd have the room we requested the next night. At first I didn't think our room smelled that bad, but when we woke up the next morning my eyes and throat were burning and the smell was pretty strong. Thankfully, they kept their promise and got us into a different room the next afternoon. We got to stay in the Paradise tower for the entire trip and had a nice view of MGM and some of the strip. Our room was clean and good-sized and the bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was clean as well but our shower was lacking - it didn't drain very well and I'd be standing in water as I was taking a shower. We never heard our neighbors but there were a few nights where sirens outside would wake us up.
The pool was wonderful but only one portion of it was open - I wish that the other part had been available as it appeared to be a little more comfortable with different seating options.
Hotel and casino staff were always friendly and willing to help. We would stay again and recommend to friends.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare to be surprised! The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today’s global travelers with a recently completed $180 million transformation which provides a true resort experience. In addition to a vibrant and exciting motif with a South Beach, Miami rhythm and vibe, the transformation of the hotel, resort and casino includes a fresh redesign of every best-in-class room and suite, the casino, the conference center and exhibition hall, several new restaurants, bars, a new poker room and race and sports book, and the recently debuted Glow®, A Mandara Spa and fitness center. In spring 2012, Tropicana Las Vegas introduced a new comedy club, Laugh Factory Las Vegas with first-class entertainment from performers like Murray the Celebrity Magician and Gallagher. Tropicana Las Vegas is not affiliated with any other property or brand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, Tingo, BookIt.com, Priceline, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.