Was my first real stay at Vegas. Recommend Tropicana Casino for non-smokers. Would stay there again. Everything was very clean. Could manage several hours on the slots, as long I avoided sitting near a smoker. Am sensitive to smoke and fragrances but was fine. They pump vanilla scent throughout to help mask and to go with the tropic look. Recent renovations give Tropicana a very light and airy feel compared to other casinos and hotels on the strip. Had room on 3rd floor of Club Tower, was fine and quiet, king bed with 42-inch TV. Had plenty of closet room, storage and seating space. Bed was comfy. Bathroom--showerhead placement was not for taller person. Am 5'9" and had to stoop or crouch as the showerhead was not removable. For taller person, shower jet would be coming sideways. Also, bathroom vent was odd--no switch for a fan. Windows had shutters and could be opened slightly if wanted to air out the room. Staff were attentive and polite the few times I interacted with anyone. Had a safe problem, was fixed within 5 minutes of my call.
Food--tried Biscayne's Steakhouse, filet mignon was excellent. Beach Cafe--not as good.
Location is at south end of the strip opposite the Excalibur. About 10-15 walk to middle of strip. If driving, 2 gas stations very nearby--one just to the south on the east side (opposite the Luxor) and the other to the east at next intersection on Tropicana Blvd. Monorail stop is across the street via MGM Grand. Taxi from airport cost me about $13-15, not including tip. Resort fee is $19.99 per night. Hi-speed wireless worked great for me while I was there. Just checked emails and some web surfing, wasn't streaming.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare to be surprised! The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today’s global travelers with a recently completed $180 million transformation which provides a true resort experience. In addition to a vibrant and exciting motif with a South Beach, Miami rhythm and vibe, the transformation of the hotel, resort and casino includes a fresh redesign of every best-in-class room and suite, the casino, the conference center and exhibition hall, several new restaurants, bars, a new poker room and race and sports book, and the recently debuted Glow®, A Mandara Spa and fitness center. First-class entertainment includes Roseanne Barr and the Mob Attraction Las Vegas. In spring 2012, Tropicana Las Vegas introduced a new comedy club, Laugh Factory Las Vegas, and Bagatelle Beach & Nightclub. Tropicana Las Vegas is not affiliated with any other property or brand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.