The slogan on the Tropicana’s homepage is “Prepared to be surprised.” I was surprised but not in a good way. This property claims to have been recently renovated but that was most definitely not the case in the room I was given, on the fifth floor. When I first entered the room, I needed to use the bathroom and the floor of the bathroom is so beaten up that it is difficult to tell if it is just chips and scratches on the tile or dirt. Some of it may have been dirt as there was hair on the floor that could not have possibly been mine as I had only just arrived. The room décor was nice enough but the mostly wood pieces were highly beaten up and scratched. The plantation shutters are also a nice touch décor-wise. However, the shutters do not keep all the light out the way blackout curtains do. I also had an issue with hot water. I took a shower at 8:30 on Sunday evening and after about five minutes, the hot water turned luke warm and didn’t get hot again. On Monday, I arrived back to the room at 4:50p to find it had not been serviced. Housekeeping knocked on the door at 5:05p but I didn’t want it serviced then as I just wanted to relax before dinner. I had been out of the room for 10 hours so I find it ridiculous that it had not yet been serviced. I didn’t mind so much in that the sheets didn’t really need to be changed but I would have liked the garbage taken out. The casino area is extremely small and there are few dining options. The positive encounters I had with staff were what made the difference between my going with three circles (average) from two circles (poor) but I would probably give it 2.5 circles if I had that option.
A couple of items on the pro side, though my room was located near the elevators and the ice machine, I had no problems with noise from traffic outside the room. And the large, HDTV was nice.
If the hotel had indeed recently been renovated, the cost would have been reasonable. But given the state of the room and other issues, it was no value at all in my opinion.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare to be surprised! The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today’s global travelers with a recently completed $180 million transformation which provides a true resort experience. In addition to a vibrant and exciting motif with a South Beach, Miami rhythm and vibe, the transformation of the hotel, resort and casino includes a fresh redesign of every best-in-class room and suite, the casino, the conference center and exhibition hall, several new restaurants, bars, a new poker room and race and sports book, and the recently debuted Glow®, A Mandara Spa and fitness center. In spring 2012, Tropicana Las Vegas introduced a new comedy club, Laugh Factory Las Vegas with first-class entertainment from performers like Murray the Celebrity Magician and Gallagher. Tropicana Las Vegas is not affiliated with any other property or brand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, Tingo, BookIt.com, Priceline, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.