We were able to get a US Air vacation package. It included flight, room and three breakfasts ( $120 value). If this is available when you go, it is a good deal. On the flight out a fellow passenger suggested using the shuttle service to the hotel. Not worth it. You wait for the bus to fill up then wait and hope yours is the first hotel on the stops. As close as the Tropicana is to the airport the taxi fare is $12-15. That is much faster. One other bad thing about the shuttle. They suggest buying a round trip "token" for your trip back to the airport. They never showed up at the hotel. So we caught a taxi so we would not miss our flight.
The package specifies a room in the rear tower. We upgraded to the front tower for a small fee. Plus you get a view of the strip instead of the airport.
We did see one show during our trip.We chose "O" at the Bellagio. It was pricey but featured world class entertainment. It was truly amazing to watch the stunts performed by the cast.
The weather was hot. 104 degrees on some days. Because of the dry desert climate we could walk around and not sweat. Something we were not use to in North Carolina.
Most of our days were spent walking around visiting the other hotels. In Las Vegas, the hotels are the attractions. One tries to outdo the other.
It was a great trip and I look forward to returning again.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare to be surprised! The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today’s global travelers with a recently completed $180 million transformation which provides a true resort experience. In addition to a vibrant and exciting motif with a South Beach, Miami rhythm and vibe, the transformation of the hotel, resort and casino includes a fresh redesign of every best-in-class room and suite, the casino, the conference center and exhibition hall, several new restaurants, bars, a new poker room and race and sports book, and the recently debuted Glow®, A Mandara Spa and fitness center. First-class entertainment includes Roseanne Barr and the Mob Attraction Las Vegas. In spring 2012, Tropicana Las Vegas introduced a new comedy club, Laugh Factory Las Vegas, and Bagatelle Beach & Nightclub. Tropicana Las Vegas is not affiliated with any other property or brand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.