We were able to get a US Air vacation package. It included flight, room and three breakfasts ( $120 value). If this is available when you go, it is a good deal. On the flight out a fellow passenger suggested using the shuttle service to the hotel. Not worth it. You wait for the bus to fill up then wait and hope yours is the first hotel on the stops. As close as the Tropicana is to the airport the taxi fare is $12-15. That is much faster. One other bad thing about the shuttle. They suggest buying a round trip "token" for your trip back to the airport. They never showed up at the hotel. So we caught a taxi so we would not miss our flight.
The package specifies a room in the rear tower. We upgraded to the front tower for a small fee. Plus you get a view of the strip instead of the airport.
We did see one show during our trip.We chose "O" at the Bellagio. It was pricey but featured world class entertainment. It was truly amazing to watch the stunts performed by the cast.
The weather was hot. 104 degrees on some days. Because of the dry desert climate we could walk around and not sweat. Something we were not use to in North Carolina.
Most of our days were spent walking around visiting the other hotels. In Las Vegas, the hotels are the attractions. One tries to outdo the other.
It was a great trip and I look forward to returning again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare to be surprised. The New Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today's global travelers with a $200 million complete transformation that provides a casually elegant experience on the Las Vegas Strip. With a unique South Beach vibe, the hotel features all-new rooms, suites and luxury villas that evoke the sentiment of a breezy beach house or penthouse in Miami, a fresh redesign of the 50,000-square-foot casino, several award-winning restaurants, a new race and sports book, and Glow(R), a Mandara Spa and fitness center. First-class entertainment includes "The New ILLUSIONS" starring Jan Rouven and "Raiding the Rock Vault" in the all-new Tropicana Theater, Laugh Factory comedy club and live music in the Tropicana Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Vegas.com, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Otel, Odigeo, EasyToBook, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas