“It seems to be in Cuba” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3801 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
MAMMA MIA! Package
Ranked #65 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
Rome, Italy
“It seems to be in Cuba”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Excellent 4 stars Hotel with a typical cuban style. The room we stayed was very clean and decorated like a latin american one, the white colour was dominant. Wonderful swimming pool and marvelous garden.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Nicole-TropLV, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you for your review. emanuelws. I am glad you enjoyed our South Beach vibe and had a great visit. -nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

6,248 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,548)
Dover, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights. This hotel is perfect as a base at the south of the strip. Casino is a lot smaller than others but its a lot brighter too. Could have better signage inside the hotel. The rooms look great on arrival but once inside they are a little worn and tired considering the recent renovation. But overall great for value and location.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your review, Lauriann S. I apologize the room was not perfect and would love to know what we need to improve on in your room so we can address it ASAP. -Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com
Suffolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Recently spent a couple of very nice nights at this newly renovated strip hotel.
Having spent some $ 200 million fixing her up has added tremendous luxury
to the property. I must add it was in much need of it. The casino is nice,
the pool area is much better with swim up blackjack in the summer and the
Comedy Factory is a whole lot of fun. Property is one of the most conveniently
located strip hotels close to the airport. The Tropicana will become a Hilton
Garden Inn the first of the year.

Room Tip: Stick to the Paradise Tower for rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I am glad you had a great time with us and enjoyed the Laugh Factory, tombob7. I do apologize if there was any confusion, however we are not becoming a Hilton Garden Inn. We have a strategic partnership with Doubletree by Hilton. Nothing will change as far as our ownership or the great TropLV you have come to love, except you can now earn and use your HHonors points! -Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We had 3rd annual fantistic trip at the Tropicana Las Vegas. Great location and it keeps getting better. They remodled it beautifully. Althought there is the excitement of the casiso, it still shines wtih the relaxing touches and a calming atmospher. The new pool is out of this world. The Spa was first class. We had a great relaxing time, nice room and view and fantastic food. My only wish was to have a coffee pot in the room.

Room Tip: Great price and location at the end of the Blvd. Take a room with the pool or blvd view. Check for...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback, NaNaJuJu, and your continued support. We appreciate you. On your next visit, please let us know you would like a coffee pot in the room and we can have one sent up. These also come standard in our suites. -Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com.
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Every year we try a different hotel on the Strip. We stayed in Tropicana long time ago. It was the Club Tower and I remember a gorgeous view from elevator and the mirror in the room ceiling. Through the years we observed a gradual decline of the casino from modern to old. When we heard that Tropicana was remodeled and has a new face, we decided to give it a chance.
The hotel has two towers Club and Paradise. We upgraded our room to view-room and stayed on 15th floor in Paradise tower. The view was on Excalibur, Luxor and Mandalay Bay hotels/casinos. It was O.K., but not as spectacular as view from Club tower elevator.
As expected, room was modern, clean and bright. The windows had the wide wooden shuttles, and they blocked the view a little. You could partially open the windows (small opening angle) for a fresh air. Room was nicely finished, however there was no coffee maker/ microwave to make tea/coffee, and no mini-refrigerator to keep drinks cool.
Beds (2 queens) were super soft, with plenty of additional pillows. Restroom was also nice with a timer for vent. All together nice and worth the money we paid.
The pool was empty (no water), and one of the hot tubs didn’t work ~ it must be a dead/maintenance season for them (mid December). The second hot-tub was running but all supporting facilities were closed. The garden section looked smaller than we remembered from the past. We noticed that one restaurant fenced a large area of the “park” for what looks like a private-guest pool area. We were disappointed to see pool closed. We always go mid-December and have pools opened most of the time!
Lastly, Tropicana like many other hotels charges additional “amenity” fee (approx. $20 per day). I call it an unfriendly and hidden cost. We always check the fees before booking and add them to the total deal to compare between hotels.
If you taking a taxi from the airport, you should know that the highway route is longer and goes “around” ($23). It costs less to take the streets, and could also save time (?).

Room Tip: The upgrade to the view room is not that expensive
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, tzd60820, and for giving us another chance to earn your business. I apologize if the shutters seemed to block the view. They do open all the way out to each side, just as your ones at home would. Our suites come standard with a fridge and coffee maker, however you can request these in a Deluxe Room on your next visit. The pool was closed for the season and one hot tubs was being re-finished. I apologize and assure you come warmer weather you will love the outside atmosphere. The area you saw behind the white wall was Bagatelle's day pool and this will also be open once the weather gets warmer. They will offer a 21+ experience like never before seen on the Strip! For a Taxi, I always recommend telling the drive to take Tropicana Ave as it should cost you $15 or less, with tip! -Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com
Louisville, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Every time I go onto Expedia I am able to get the Tropicana for $46. It is a great location if you have a rental car. Easy parking and the property isn't huge so you can get around quickly. The tower rooms are renovated and nice. It is a great place for home base. You don't spend much time in your room, may as well opt for a great location and price. There isn't as much to do or eat on site but everything else is within walking distance.

Room Tip: Stay in the Tower.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback, gustav2011. I am glad we make a great home base for your visits. --Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Once again I stayed at The Tropicana this November/December and as always they looked after me so well. I had two rooms booked for this trip one King and one Double I wanted both rooms on the same floor so unfortunately they had to give me 2 Double rooms but bearing in mind the amount of times I hear about people being so far apart in the same Hotel I was more than happy to take the two doubles but be close together. The rooms were both lovely, nice and clean and had the amazing beds that I so love at the property.
All the staff I have ever encountered at The Tropicana have always been very polite and courteous to us and once again this was the case, you feel like they really want to give you an amazing holiday you will never forget. I love the casino at Tropicana, not being a big gambler it is a perfect size for me, I can easily pick out a slot I want to play and there is usually room at the tables if I fancy a little flutter on the blackjack (I really nedd to figure out how to play craps). All in all the Tropicana completely met my expectations as a great property that I am always looking forward to coming back to. If you are not into the mega resorts please give The Tropicana a try i'm sure you won't regret it.

As usual the only down side I can think of is you do tend to get noise from emergency vehicles on the strip but I'm not a light sleeper so I really don't see it as a huge issue.

Room Tip: I always ask for the Paradise Tower, being disabled I find it easiest because it is right by the mai...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Nicole-TropLV, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for your review, jgafcw, and your continued support. On your next visit, please come down and visit the tables early in the morning when they are less crowded. Our dealers would be happy to teach you how to play craps! --Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

Been to Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!