Stayed at the Tropicana in Las Vegas for 5 days with family - second time around and had a great time! The Tropicana has the nicest staff; bell boys, housekeeping, resturant, lobby, lounge, etc. The rooms are nice and clean. Love the bright, white casino! great food in main resturant; try the pizza, grilled cheese, burgers, quesidillas and also try the Yogurt Bar so good! The bellmen are very quick to get you a cab, help with directions and also very friendly...they actually run to open the door for you. The cocktail waitress are very nice and work hard. We met so many nice people at this hotel we would stay there again. The Tropicana is in a great location being you can walk, catch the Duece bus or walk to MGM and catch the monorail to find places to eat or go shopping....Also check out the Laugh Comedy Club at the Tropicana, we laughed through the whole show, it was great - other fun place - Madame Tuscan's Wax Museaum and the Mob Museum in the old federal was very interesting......
Only downfall to our trip was our mother who is elderly needed a scooter to get around. Went shopping at the South Premium Outlet Mall and needed a taxi. NOBODY would help us get a taxi - the staff in the Information Booth at the Mall were useless! other taxi's would not help us and even the Security lady riding around on her segway was a joke! Finally we found the nicest taxi driver who drove for Checker Cab who actually went out of his way to find us a handicap taxi (this took over 1 hour) till finally he lifted the scooter and put into his taxi - he got a huge tip from us because we were so grateful for his help.
Finally, Las Vegas is fun and lots to see and do......but best of all I highly recommend the Tropicana for a great vacation spot!
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare to be surprised! The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today’s global travelers with a recently completed $180 million transformation which provides a true resort experience. In addition to a vibrant and exciting motif with a South Beach, Miami rhythm and vibe, the transformation of the hotel, resort and casino includes a fresh redesign of every best-in-class room and suite, the casino, the conference center and exhibition hall, several new restaurants, bars, a new poker room and race and sports book, and the recently debuted Glow®, A Mandara Spa and fitness center. In spring 2012, Tropicana Las Vegas introduced a new comedy club, Laugh Factory Las Vegas with first-class entertainment from performers like Murray the Celebrity Magician and Gallagher. Tropicana Las Vegas is not affiliated with any other property or brand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, Tingo, BookIt.com, Priceline, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.