“Great Remodel! Great value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3801 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
15% off + Pool Seating
Ranked #80 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
San Francisco
“Great Remodel! Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Had a fantastic Superbowl weekend here with my boyfriend. Has stayed at the Trop a few years back and what a great remodel now. Rooms are top notch, pool area beautiful, spa was great. All around a fantastic value. I'm foodie snob so I can't review any of their restaurants but all other areas of the resort were nicely appointed and I felt more than satisfied with our stay. The location on the strip cannot be beat. Easily my favorite "value" casino on the strip.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

6,852 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,710)
bc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I decided to come back to the Tropicana just 6 weeks after staying here in August. We contacted Nicole Marshall at the hotel again after she was a tremendous help during our first stay.

So we mentioned that my husband's 41st birthday was in September and that our wedding anniversary was in October, so we had reason to celebrate. Nicole replied back and said she had personally saved us a room.
So we got to the hotel about 2pm and the lobby was full of people checking in and out. Within about ten minutes the hotel had extra staff assisting guests which was a pleasant surprise. So once we got our room cards we found out that Nicole had reserved us a beautiful suite, my husband and I were blown away. There was even a gift bag given to us in the lobby upon check in.
It is very difficult to find this kind of customer service anywhere, Nicole is amazing.
So anyway, this time we used the pool again and the pool layout is fantastic. Lots of seating and sunshine if you want it.
We ate at the beach cafe a couple of times for breakfast and lunch and the food was great.
Everyone is very helpful and friendly, we are looking to come back in the spring only if we stay at the Tropicana again.

• Stayed October 2012
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

A very nice hotel, incredibly impressed with the service from start to finish barring the virgin holidays staff who are based in the hotel. We went to them with a problem and received nothing but getting passed on to a 3rd party booking company even the I would consider the problem to be fairly serious considering the money spent.

Dont let this affect the opinion of the hotel, this place is brilliant, food, rooms, customer service, casino. I would go back in a heartbeat.

The access to the strip is excellent as you are next door to New York New York and the MGM Grand.

Food Outlets are open late along woith one 24/7 food outlet.

Excellent

Room Tip: Try and get a view of the strip, not the airport
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here for two nights. Pretty good value. The front door entrance was a bit grubby looking, but was relieved to find that was an exception as the rest of the hotel was pretty much immaculate. The service in general including the check-in and restaurants were quick and efficient, and the pool was fantastic. It's at the south end of the strip so you'll need to take the bus to get to the centre of the strip action if that's what you're looking for. It also seemed to be full of mostly middle-aged people and felt at times like being in a retirement home, therefore if you want a lively setting I'd recommend going elsewhere. Nevertheless if you don't mind that and just want a spacious, comfortable, good value hotel not too far from the rest of the strip I'd recommemd this.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Karlsruhe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

A typical Las Vegas medium budget hotel. We had view to the aiport, but this was ok. The noise from the airport was almost not audible. The location of the hotel is ok, the gambling also nice. There are better hotels, but who cares. You can still have a lot of fun. And we left Las Vegas with more than 400 Dollar won. :D I would definatelly recommend this hotel and stay again. The pool area is also great. Enough free parking slots available, so no valet parking necessary.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lakeland, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We choose the Tropicana due to the many reviews on Tripadvisor. Our party of four wish we had stayed elsewhere.

The check in was easy, but upon entering the room we found a used toothpick on the floor and our friends had to request that their bathroom floor be cleaned. On three occasions I thought I would have to have my husband call up the front desk to have them send up hot water for my shower. It took forever for the water to get hot.

The restaurants were a huge disappointment. We first ate at the Beach Cafe and had to fan the flies away. I also went for a cup of coffee in the morning to take back up to the room and since I'm not a huge Starbucks fan I went to the Beach Cafe for a cup of coffee to go. For a VERY small styrafoam cup of coffee they wanted $4.72. Needless to say I learned to like Starbucks which kept their prices within their normal cost.

The front desk was nice and check in was quick, but I can't see any other areas to give them a lot of credit.

Our party of four will NEVER be back.

Room Tip: choose a lower floor so you don't have to wait for hot water to be sent up !!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!