“The new renovations were amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3801 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
15% off + Pool Seating
Ranked #79 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
Henderson, Nevada
“The new renovations were amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

My husband and I decided to stay at the Tropicana for our anniverasry, the renovations were amazing! We stayed in a suite that had an incredible view of the strip and overlooked the NEW club Nikki Beach. If you are looking for a comfortable, hip place to be THIS is where you wanna go! Quite a step up from many we have stayed at!

Room Tip: Stay in an upper level suite

6,800 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,703)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend marked the grand opening of Nikki Beach / Club Nikki. We arrived excited for the grand opening as well as a fun and relaxing weekend. We were not disappointed.

We had been at the Tropicana property just six weeks earlier and we were amazed that they had been able to complete the construction so quickly. Six weeks earlier they were just breaking ground on the pool and club area.

VIP check-in was a breeze. The front desk staff is courteous and accommodating without any wait at all. Our room was on a ground level floor as requested, on the opposite side from Nikki Beach in the far tower. It's a bit of a hike through the casino and over the pool areas. But once we got into our room we were able to relax in our very comfortable room.

Any opening night for a night club creates opportunities for missteps and production snafus. Nikki Beach has a reputation for attention to detail and high production value. We were not disappointed. Checking into the invitation only grand opening event only took a few minutes (the staff was cleverly using software on an iPad) and we were greeted with smiles and cold beverages immediately. The indoor space is low on dance area and high on VIP and lounge space. The outdoor pool area cascaded down towards the pool with levels of bedded areas and lounge chairs. There was plenty of passed food, free cold beverages and interesting ambient entertainment. The music was a more relaxed lounge-house sound and seemed appropriate for this more social invite-only event. Celebrities included Halle Barry, Gladys Knight, and a few other unexpected names that I can't recall at this time. At approximately 10pm the club and opened up to the general public and DJ Robbie Rivera took over the decks, who played a much more energetic and heavy house set, perfect for getting the energy pupped up in the club. The dance floor was busy for most of the rest of the evening. The Nikki Beach / Club Nikki was well staffed for the evening and all of the staff seemed to be well trained and on purpose the entire evening. They were friendly, attentive and kept the space from getting to crowded by keeping the flow of the club moving.

Later that night (early in the morning), we returned to our room and ordered room service. The food was delivered within 45 minutes (as stated) and was hot and delicious. Quite a surprise for room service food. We also ordered room service again, the following morning, just before checked out and had the same experience. The food was warm, savory and delivered on time. I highly recommend the Cuban Breakfast Wrap - best room service entrée ever!

Check out was quick, efficient and pleasant. We had our receipt in our hands, our luggage stored for the day (until our departure) and were on our way for a final day of shopping and sight-seeing.

In closing it's important to point out that, as someone who grew up in Las Vegas, I was very surprised to see so many young persons on the Tropicana property at almost any time during the day. Much different from the Tropicana's previous reputation for catering to a much older clientele. I assume this is all part of their upgrade and partnership with Nikki Beach. The younger crowd brings fun, playful and beautiful to the property.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011 via mobile

After a rough flight to Vegas from Canada there is nothing more that I wanted than to get checked in quickly and efficiently so that i could relax and I got just that! Valet was at my rental car within seconds of me pulling in and Ricky couldnt have been more friendly. When I got to the front desk the girl checking me in was so nice and I couldn't even tell that it was only her fourth day on the job because she seemed so at ease with what she was doing and she even engaged me and my girlfriend about her own trip to Victoria BC which is where we had flown in from that morning! Normally in the past when I was checking into a hotel on the strip (and I have stayed at almost every property on the strip) people get annoyed when someone new asks for help. Ladonna graciously came over and assisted the trainee with finding me and my girlfriend a room with a view which I was surprised one was available considering it was the friday before memorial day weekend so I imagine they were pretty booked up but I guess we got lucky! We didn't get to spend much time in the room soaking up the view only because we enjoyed the pool and cafe nikki pretty frequently during our stay. Our waitress at cafe nikki mentioned that millions of $ went into your renovations and it definitely shows! The hotel looks fantastic and I hope the spa is open when I come back because I had to go across the street to MGM for a massage.

Overall our experience at the tropicana couldn't have been better. Everyone was so friendly and helpful and more strip properties should follow your example! Please make sure that Ricky, Ladonna, and the trainee gets recognized! They all have a bright future with you and I hope to see all of them again when I return at the end of July!

• Stayed May 2011
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

This was my second holiday to to LV and the first for my partner. We decided to stay at the Tropicana after reading about the renovation and some of the good reviews. This was a special trip for my partner as he was celebrating his 50th birthday and he has always wanted to spend it in the USA. We were not disappointed with our choice. When we drove up to the hotel I was impressed with the foyer as it was bright and welcoming, just what you wanted after a long flight. Checking in was a little bit slow but we were offered water while waiting. As we were there for a special occasion I had previously emailed Nicole Marshall, Guest Experience Manager, who very kindly upgraded our room to a City View room in the Paradise Tower at the front of the hotel which we were delighted with. The room looked just like the website photos, very clean, nicely decorated with cheerful colours. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The majority of the staff were friendly and helpful. We would recommend the Mob Experience, it was good fun. For us the location was fantastic and although near the airport, we were not bothered by plane noise. It was handy for the monorail, buses, Dennys and most things were in easy reach. We had a good experience at this hotel and thought it good value for money. When we return to Las Vegas, this is the hotel we will be heading back to.

London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

stayed in the Paradise Tower 17th floor May 21-26.
As stated before this Tower opens right into Casino and close to strip.
rooms very clean and modern, crazy comfy bed. HiDef TV with lots of channels. had a room just 2 doors down from elevator so convenience was an A+.
Casino is small but adequate. $5 blackjack in the AM after that $10 mins. Excellent sportbook. Poker room very cool but dead.
Pool area is A+, but very noisy if Nikki Beach open. from Monday on it was excellent
Food options are slim especially cheap foods
would recommend for mature travellers from Mon -Thursday and young partiers from Friday to Saturday

Room Tip: talk to Nicole in guest services
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

I had not heard much about the Tropicana but they recently did a major upgrade. My husband and I stayed there and it was beautiful. The hotel was bright, clean, the room was much bigger than I expected. The hotel staff from the maids to the dealers were all very friendly. Also, there was no one trying to sell you anything in the casino. Some of the other hotels will try to sell you offers for free shows if you go see a new hotel, but there was none of that at the Tropicana. I had a wonderful time here and would recommend it to anyone. The pool area is lush and tropical to go along with the feel of the hotel and very nice.

Barnsley, Sth Yorks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

I stayed here with my family 3 yrs ago and the hotel was really run down. This time I was here alone and I have to say the make-over is a huge improvement. The casino has had a face lift and looks cleaner and brighter and the restaurants are lovely. I had breakfast at cafe Nikki and it was really nice, a little expensive, but nice and the staff were all lovely. The rooms are a definate improvement and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud!! I had a nice big television and had free wifi included in the $9.99 resort fee, which i made good use of. The pool area was lovely before, but it is even nicer now, with bridges and waterfalls and beautiful flowers. They still havnt completed everything yet out there, as there is an extension to the nikki bar and apparently a beach area, so it will be really nice when it is all finished. All in all, it was a lovely 3 night stay that cost me just £134, bargain!!!!....the addition of a starbucks was a plus too.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Been to Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!