“Don't expect to get any sleep” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

You added Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3801 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Room + Show Package Steal
Ranked #89 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Exmouth, United Kingdom
“Don't expect to get any sleep”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

When i booked this hotel I saw that there was ongoing work on the new swimming pools, what it didn't say was that the pneumatic drills would start at 6am and continue all day long. the other issue was the paper thin walls, we had 2 lots of very noisy neighbours who woke us most nights at 3 or 4 am, there was also constant door banging as no one seemed to be capable of closing a door quietly.
this spoiled our holiday as apart from the noise the rooms were nice and bright, lovely comfy bed and very well maintained.

lastly if you are thinking of staying at this hotel bear in mind that it is very close to the airport and you can hear the planes taking off all day and night.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,868)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sandy, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

We traveled to Las Vegas for fun and to celebrate and friends birthday. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted with smiles and positive attitudes. The moment we pulled up to the front door until the moment we checked out we were treated like VIP, although we were just there for one night, it didn't seem to matter to the hotel staff. The hotel staff made us feel like our business was truly appreciated and they wanted us to have the best experience possible within the hotel. I have to say, walking in through the glass doors and into a bright environment with the white marble floors and colorful decorations was refreshing. It really started the mood for the whole trip. As we walked to the front desk, which is less than 60' from the hotel entrance, which is awesome, I didn't feel lost not knowing where the front desk was. The first thing that really impressed me was the friendly front desk clerk that engaged in conversation with us. The check-in to the hotel process was a smooth and easy. We have stayed in Vegas hotels many times and I am one that gets impatient while in hotel check-in lines. Not the case at the Tropicana. We were not in line for more than 5 minutes before we were checking in to our beautiful suite. Our room was immaculate! We had a suite which we were told was just refurbished through a hotel renovation. I have to say, I was truly impressed with the decor and comfort that our suite offered. Our friends were staying at another hotel, the MGM, they came over to our room and and their jaws dropped as they walked through the door saying, "we got ripped off, your suite is amazing!" I have never stayed in a hotel in Vegas that I didn't wake up the next morning with back pain from a very uncomfortalbe bed. I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed, no back pain and ready for day two in Vegas. I would truly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Vegas. I have already told my family and friends of this experience and that the Tropicana is amazing! Awesome hotel and service. I would recoommend to anyone traveling to Las Vegas!

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

I had a great four night stay at the Trop. The hotel is being renovated, but it's still very pleasant and will be even more so when the work has been completed. The restaurants were quite satisfactory. Cafe Nikki provided a nice breakfast brunch. Foodies should check out the prix fixe at Biscayne for dinner; on the night I went, I had a choice between Ostrich Tenderloin and Seared Bronzino for main courses, along with suitable wine pairings. As of March 2011, the pool was a work in progress, but was already lovely, with a sloping green lawn and plantings leading down to an art deco shaped pool surrounded by chaises and cabanas.
The casino has white walls, which makes it a little brighter than the usual cave-like Vegas gambling den. The waitress came around twice during the time I was playing slots, and like everyone at the hotel was very friendly.
The room was terrific, recently renovated in soothing desert colors. There was no minibar, but ice and soda machines are available in the hallway.
The only reason I'm assigning 4 stars instead of 5 is that I requested a view of the Strip, but instead was given a room facing the rear of the building, with a view of about 1000 acres of parking lots and the airport in the distance. Also, when I checked in I was told that the hotel didn't have a room of the type I'd reserved available at the time, so I was going to be upgraded to a suite, and then moved after 2 nights when a King room became available. Therefore I had to wait around on day 3 to check with the front desk, and then pack, move to a new room and unpack for a second time. While all these machinations didn't totally destroy day 3, they didn't make it any better either. But when I told the front desk staff person that the room change was disruptive, she immediately waived the resort fee, which made me feel a little better.
While it still isn't clear to me why a room that was reserved two months in advance, and then confirmed by telephone two days before check in, wasn't available upon arrival, it all worked out. And everything else was great. The hotel has a really cool, laid back, relaxed Miami feel, with white walls and marble floors in the public areas. The restaurants are good and more are coming. I enjoyed my stay very much, and plan to return.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Saltillo, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011 via mobile

We are staying at Tropicana for oye anniversary. The renewed rooms look great, they are big, clean and comfortable.

You can't beat the location right in the center of the strip -the four corners-.

It has been a nice surprise, as we had the old hotel image, and with the renewal is a great option with great value.

• Stayed March 2011
Ankeny, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

We stayed at the Tropicana for four nights in March. The rooms were newly renovated and very nice. Part of the pool opened the last day of our stay. It looked very nice, but we did not spend any time there. The construction was not an issue for us. We were in the Island Tower which was a little bit of a walk, but it wasn't too bad. We never heard any construction in our room.

My one complaint is that the website says they recently renovated their fitness center. It is extremely tiny, and they only offered 3 treadmills, and one of them was ot working. Out of the three times I went down (between 5-6 am) I only got on the treadmill once. It seemed a little ridiculous to have to pay the resort fee for a pool that was closed until the end of our stay, and a fitness center that I was barely able to use.

All in all, it was a very nice stay. I would consider staying there again if the price was right.

Oxford, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

I stayed at the Tropicana from 03/12 - 03/16 with my wife, mother, and 12 year old daughter. Check in was quick and painless. We had 2 rooms in the Paradise tower, a deluxe room and a Paradise Suite. The 2 connected via an internal hallway between the 2 and it was great. It was like having a small condo. The rooms were beautiful and the views nothing short of spectacular, especially from the corner windows in the living area of the suite. All the staff we encountered were very polite and always greeted us with a smile. I spent a few late nights at the blackjack tables and actually took a little chunk of their money home. The dealers were always professional, entertaining and courteous, going as far as helping some less experienced players learn as they played.

Everything in the rooms were in great shape and the beds were extremely comfortable. Wireless internet was fast and reliable. The remodeling had no inpact on us at all. Speaking of the remodel, everything looks fantastic. I stayed there last June for a trade show and the progress from then till now is phenomenal.

I have been to Vegas several times and stayed in much more expensive hotel / casinos that were not near as nice as the Tropicana. My wife and I are already looking at our calenders trying to figure out when we can return for a getaway for the two of us.

One last thing, a great big thank you to Nicole Marshall. She was very helpful in the planning stages of this trip. Nicole and the rest of the staff are top notch with customer service, and that's something that sometimes you just can't get at any price these days. This is one of the many reasons I recommend the Tropicana to family and friends.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

When we arrived, the people were on the front desk were helpful.
They granted us late check out. One thing I'd like to point out, was that from the moment we got in, the smell of smoke was quite strong. Hopefully they do something out it.

The hotel was huge and our room was quite far!
When we got to the room, it was clean and nice. But when I went to use the IPOD dock, it was dusty!

The rooms don't have a microwave or a fridge, so you have to eat your meals as is, in case you have leftovers. The pool was decent size and there was a lot more renovations going on. I liked the free ice dispenser on our floor.

One thing I didn't like was that we got locked out of our room on the last day but before the check out time. I inquired about it and front desk didn't apologize and even blamed me that I might have demagnetized it with my cellphone.

I'm aware of this issue with cards hence, I always kept it in my pocket far from anything the might demagnetize the card. Plus both our cards didn't work. But they didn't care to look into it further. I think what happened was that they forgot to put in the late check out on their system and didn't want to admit the mistake.

Overall a decent stay but wasn't perfect.

PROS:
*good value
*ice dispenser
*pool
*helpful staff
*great room

CONS:
*smoke smell
*a little dust on some parts of the room
*got locked out the room
*no fridge/microwave

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!