“not a great place” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Monte Carlo Resort & Casino

Save Saved
You added Monte Carlo Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Monte Carlo Resort & Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3770 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #72 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Amherstburg Ontario
“not a great place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2005

just returned from here and would not recommend this place to anyone. our room was dated and bathroom had mold.
The staff was not friendly at all with one exception and that was an older gentleman at valet who hailed the cabs he was always friendly and very accomadating. I swear they train the checkin/out personal to not smile.

The food was poor quality for the price and the machines were tighter then I have ever found.

The long walk out was a killer for anyone with a disability of any kind.

The pool area was open and was very active with lots of people out enjoying the warm temps.

I stayed at the orleans while in town also and hands down the orleans wins..

8,836 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,685)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2005

We stayed at the Monte Carlo for two nights in March. Reserved through their website for a great price, then it went down and they adjusted the price for me twice! Check-in was very fast, if a bit impersonal. They said our rooms would be ready in about 10 minutes, but it took until five o'clock before they were done, over two hours after we checked in. That part was not cool, because we were very tired. (If we had known, we would have checked our bags instead of hauling them around for two hours!) But, on to the rooms--finally. The rooms were nice, good size. I loved the bathrooms, especially. Yes, the plumbing is loud, made me jump! We only heard a little noise from the connecting room next door, because there were little children there. Not too noisy at all. Very comfortable beds. The king-size room seemed a lot more spacious than the two queens. I really liked the decor of the rooms. Good sized TV and plenty of storage space. Although we mostly used valet, the parking was very convenient. We will come back to the Monte Carlo. Great price, great location. We enjoyed it.

wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2005

I am a mother and grandmother who gets together with friends of mine every year and we all go to las vegas. Every year we stay at the monte carlo and we will not stay anywhere else. We love it. The rooms are not small, they are big enough for us to sleep in and shower in, that is all you need them for. The rest of the time your enjoying vegas and the weather. We are from wisconsin and it is cold where we come from, so the sun is very enjoyable to us. Also the hotel has always been very polite to us, we never had to wait a long period of time for a drink and not that noisy for a big casino. The rates are very reasonable for our pocketbook. I would also recommend to go se the casino host. They will help you out a whole lot and maybe save some money for you on your next trip. They do us. I hear a lot of complaints about the noise in halls and the rooms. Vegas is open 24 hours a day. It never closes and I don't think you can get away from that at any of the other hotels. It is vegas. It is sunny, noisy, relaxing, away from the stress and most of all- a lot of fun.

Ottawa, ON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2005

I've stayed at several hotels in Vegas, and wanted to give the Monte Carlo a try because the price was right (between 59 and 79 USD Mon-Thurs).

Pros: Smaller and quieter than the other hotels in the area. If you're not into having kids around, this is a good place to be. I've stayed at the Luxor in the past, and found it to be overrun with children (probably due to the Excalibur being next door). Check-in was fairly quick; our room wasn't ready and we had asked for a king-sized bed. They put us into another room with 2 queens (which we were fine with) and said we could switch the next night if we wished. We did end up switching, but for a different reason -- there was a strong odour of cooking that we found obnoxious. The front desk moved us up a floor (25th) and gave us a king-sized bed and a strip view for no extra charge. It was nice, but I can't imagine paying an additional $20 per night for it. The room was nothing special, but it was clean and in good condition. Considering that I'd probably get the same layout at a Doubletree and pay $100+, I was content.

Cons: *IMPORTANT TO KNOW BEFORE YOU CHECK IN* The hotel put a 100 USD per day hold on my credit card for amenities (ie. room service, charging restaurant visits to your room), and didn't inform me they were doing so. On the third day of my visit, I had my card declined while dining out and was bewildered because I knew I had enough cash -- this was due to the Monte Carlo. The front desk eventually cleared it up, and informed me that this was standard procedure at all Vegas hotels. This isn't true. I've never encountered this at Luxor, and when I stayed at the Aladdin, they gave me the option of allowing a per diem for amenities to be taken from my card. The Monte Carlo never gave us the option of declining -- they just charged my card. I was upset because it was going to take 5-7 days for the bank to credit the cash back to my account. The hotel was apologetic, but didn't offer anything to smooth over the situation. If you don't want the 100 USD per diem amenities, BE SURE TO TELL THEM UPON ARRIVAL.

• Stayed May 2005
Ladner BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2005

Stayed at the Monte Carlo March 3 to 6th. Had read lots of reviews before deciding on this hotel. We had no surprises and were not dissapointed. Booked directly with the hotel and got a great deal for a standard room. Upon check in the registration clerk asked if it was a special occasion for us. It was our wedding anniversary so right away she upgraded no charge us to a strip view room on the 31st floor! Tried to convince us to upgrade again to a suite but we decided to stay with what we had. We knew we were not going to be in the room much anyways. The price was excellent though to upgrade to a suite- much cheaper than booking a suite on line- a suite would have cost us over $350 more to book it on line but they offered to upgrade for only $149 more. Everyone was really helpful- always friendly no matter who you asked. Very easy to get to the rooms. Always left a tip for housekeeping and the room was very clean. All meals were great. Yes the walls are a little thin but did not bother us to the point of complaining. Would recommend this hotel to anyone. Had a wonderful 1st time visit to Vegas. We will be back!! Thankyou Monte Carlo.

Santa Ana, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2005

I have stayed at Monte Carlo twice and both times were fantastic. This is a nice beautifully appointed hotel for a good price. A friend and I got away for a three day weekend at the last minute and found a room available here for a decent price. It's a great buy. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2005
Evanston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2005

Stayed here Mar 3 & 4. Not the greatest hotel on the strip. Rooms were small. Plumbling was very loud plus walls were very thin. You get what you pay for. We had a rate of $59 on Thurs and $99 on Fri. Good rates! Casino feels very cramped (low ceilings). The brewery is a decent place to grab a bite and a drink. The bellmen were fast and nice. Nothing else great about the hotel. We visited every major hotel on the strip (from Mandalay Bay to Treasure Island) and would rank Monte Carlo on the bottom. My only problem is that I stayed 3 nights at the Four Seasons in Mandalay Bay and then went to Monte Carlo. Huge downgrade! I would recommend staying at Mandalay Bay, Venetian, or NY NY.

Some good places to go: N9ne Steakhouse (Palms) and Cenalleto (Venitian), Nine Fine Irishmen (NYNY), O (Bellagio), golf at Bali Hai

• Stayed March 2005

Been to Monte Carlo Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!