“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Monte Carlo Resort & Casino

You added Monte Carlo Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Monte Carlo Resort & Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3770 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #83 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
England
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2004

We have just returned from a 2 week vacation staying at the Monte Carlo Hotel, 7th-21st October 2004.

What a fantastic stay we had. We have been to Vegas many times before and always stayed at Harra's, this time we decided to change. I searched the internet for weeks and decided on trying the Monte Carlo. We were certainly not disappointed, in fact we were overjoyed.

We found our first room had very noisey plumbing, after speaking with the Manager we were changed to a suite at no extra charge, it was huge. We found if you leave a good tip every day for your maid you get your room done nice and early, our maid was really lovely.

We can highly recommend Blackstones to eat at, but for a pure dining experience go to Andre's exceptional service and food. The Buffet was o.k. but make sure you ask for non smoking and to be seated at the front. The first time we ate there we were seated at the casino end, we found by the time we had trekked back to our tables with the food it was lukewarm. The variety is very good though. The Cafe was excellent for breakfast and lunch, probably for dinner too but we did not try this.

They have a food court if you just want a bagel & Coffee or a Macdonalds. You must try the various Ice Cream Milkshakes, they were delicous.

The pool was superb, the lazy river and wave pool were great fun. There was never a problem in getting chairs and we always opted for our favoutite spot and got it every day.

In our opinion the Casino was the best in Vegas, it had a lovely smell to it, it was clean, well laid out and the staff were excellent, give the cocktail hostess a good tip and she will certainly look after you.

The Casino Hosts were amazing, thank you to Julie and Alan, they really took care of us throughout our stay.

We were so impressed we are already planning our return trip for Christmas and New Year. Thank you Monte Carlo....be seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,047)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2004

I just returned from a 6 night stay at the Monte Carlo, and was pleasantly surprised. This was my 3rd time visiting Las Vegas. I stayed at the Bellagio 3 years ago, and I must say that I enjoyed the Monte Carlo better than Bellagio. Don't get me wrong, Bellagio is a very elegant hotel with beautiful rooms, but I just felt much more comfortable at the Monte Carlo. They layout of the hotel is much better too. The elevators are conveniently located between the lobby, and the casino. Makes getting around much easier.

The room was nice. I thought it was slightly crowded in the rooms with 2 beds. The room was very quiet, and I didn't experience any noise from guests in other rooms. The bed was very comfortable however. My only major complaint about the room, which really isn't that major was that when standing in the shower, with the shower curtain drawn, it is awfully dark. Some nice glass shower doors would have taken care of that problem, but I had to remind myself that I wasn't at the Bellagio. Maid service was fair, I had to remind the maid every day that we had 3 guests in the room, and therefore needed 3 glasses, and enough towels. I loved the Casino, it was very laid back, and not too much hoopla or rowdy guests running around. The staff was quite friendly. I did pretty well on the slots too.

I didn't like the choice of restaurants in the food court (McDonalds, Sbarro and Nathan's hot dogs!). I was also disappointed that there was no Starbucks for my morning coffee, and had to drink McDonalds coffee (Yuk!) until the coffee shop opened later in the morning. The buffet was pretty good, and the Pub had great beer and food. The location of the hotel is very convenient, and a very quick walk to MGM and New York, New York.

All in all, I feel there is definite room for improvement, but the Casino has lots of potential, and is a great place for anyone who wants a combination of relaxation and excitement.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2004

Just returned from a 3 night stay at the MC and am a very picky traveler. Very pleasant stay. First time in Vegas. Was traveling with family including chlidren. Utilized Trip Advisor extensively in planning my stay, so want to offer feedback.

Had a clean, elegantly decorated room on the 24th floor overlooking the Strip; slightly worn but acceptable. NO smoke smell in room. Comfortable bed. New towels were delivered each day.

Separate banks of elevators to rooms very well-designed so that there was very minimal wait for an elevator at any given time. Hotel layout good- not necessary to trudge through the casino on way to pool or parking lot. Pool area excellent and a TOP DRAW for families, as previously noted. They are closing for the season at the end of the month.

Good location on the strip. This is not the Bellagio nor is it Bellagio pricing, but the MC is a very elegant, clean, solid place to stay on the strip if you don't want to pay Bellagio prices.

chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2004

I have been meaning to write a review of our stay at the Monte Carlo since we returned in June 2004. My boyfriend and I had a wonderful experience, and we chose the Monte Carlo based on extensive research on sites such as Trip Advisor. I booked a room on the Monte Carlo website for a standard room, it was a great rate at $79 with the web special they were running. When we arrived, we were immediately and easily upgraded (we did not even begin to ask) to a jacuzzi suite at no additional charge. (We do travel weekdays, because we are both in the service industry and must work on the weekends - maybe that had something to do with it) Anyway, the jacuzzi suite was pristine clean and wonderful! The room was spacious and very quiet except for one night when a bachelor party was next to us and the guys got in pretty late and were rowdy. We knocked on the wall and it quieted down. We left a tip every day for our room attendant, with a note asking for extra towels the first day, and so of course our room was very well taken care of. Our bathroom was great with a marble shower/steamroom, and the king sized bed was very comfortable . The view was not of the strip, it was of the highway and a little of the parking lot and resort across the street, but we didn't care about the view, when we were literally in the jacuzzi right up against the window enjoying the glow of the city lights. The pool was amazing, we loved the lazy river and there were of course kids, but they were not unruly or obtrusive at all, everyone was just having a great time together. It was not a hassle for us to get pool chairs, it was crowded but there were staff members ready to help you find a spot. The buffet was okay, but we all know that the buffets are going to be just okay in Vegas (or anywhere). We only ate there once, and actually enjoyed going to the little coffee shop in the food court for lattes, salad and breakfast sandwiches, and took pizza from the food court back up our room-perfect!. The casino is nice, and neither of us is a smoker, so it was bearable to us, and we could actually stay for longer periods of time at the tables. We visited several other casinos on the strip, and we agreed that we will definitely book again at the Monte Carlo - and for sure we will book the jacuzzi suite!!

Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2004

Stayed at the Monte Carlo in September 2004.

Check in was a breeze, I've never seen a line more than 2 deep there. Staff was friendly.

Room was clean and provided everything you need. Nicely decorated.

Pool is amazing. Love the lazy river. Always lots of chairs and staff to get you one of there are none avialable.

Ate at the buffet - it was good, with steaks cooked to order. Decent prices too.

Casino is usually pretty quiet with lower limits. Most dealers were friendly. Wait staff and bartenders are friendly and very quick.

All in all, a great place to stay.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2004

Having stayed in 80% of all of the Las Vegas hotels, we thought that we would give the Monte Carlo a try. What a mistake. The guest room walls were so thin it was like we were sharing a room with the families on both sides of us. We called the Front Desk about this matter and the clerk reluctantly admitted that there were quieter rooms. We asked to be switched to a quieter room and within 10 minutes, we had a new room.

We went downstairs to get a new key (because they couldn’t have anyone deliver a key to our room within the next hour.) We then realized that we would have to take a separate bank of elevators to our new room. Floors 1-12 in one elevator, 13-26 in another, etc. A Bellman was unavailable for the next 45 minutes, so we so schelped our luggage to our new room. This process took a good 20 minutes because of (and I’m not exaggerating) a 15 minute line for the elevator. There were so many kids with pool toys flooding the lobby and elevators that I thought the Monte Carlo was giving away cash for free and tickets to Disneyland. Our second room smelled like a toilet, so we decided to check out. We certainly couldn’t leave in a huff since it took another 10 minutes to get an elevator.

I called the Front Desk and they said, “We certainly do not want you to leave the Monte Carlo with bad feelings, so we can offer a complimentary buffet for your troubles.” Nice offer, but I can only imagine the line for the buffet.

When we asked why all of the kids were at the hotel, the clerk said, “We had some families decide to stay another day.” How many families would that be, 1000?

We stood in the lobby calling other hotels for about an hour. We also made use of their business center where the Internet was available for the low, low price of $1.00 a minute.

Once we found a room at the Hilton, we grabbed our luggage and waited another 20 minutes for our car at the Valet. As we were waiting, several buses were dispensing more kids into the hotel’s parking lot.

A $79 rate provided us with bad feelings, a migraine and a need for some anxiety medicine.

Flushing, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2004

The Monte Carlo doesn't have the elegance of the Venetian, Bellagio or Mandalay Bay, but it is a lovely place that offers lots of value for the money.

I particularly enjoyed that the check-in area is separated from the casino and check in was quick and uncomplicated, as was check out. The casino floor was roomy and easy to navigate and it wasn't hard to find table games with $5 minimums since I'm not a big gambler.

The staff to a person was friendly and helpful. No "attitude." The restaurant food and service was good, not great. The location can't be beat. Rooms were quiet, roomy and ours offered a great view.

What was bad? Small, scratchy towels in desperate need of fabric softener. Tiny pillows. Lack of a no smoking area in the casino except for the poker room. Air conditioning turned up high so some people required a sweater or jacket in casino.

All in all, a fine place to stay with a friendly and accommodating staff that is eager to please.

Been to Monte Carlo Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!