“nubie” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Monte Carlo Resort & Casino

You added Monte Carlo Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Monte Carlo Resort & Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3770 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #84 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Alton, Illinois
“nubie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Checking in was very busy. Had to wait in line over 30 minutes. Our room was clean and comfortable except for the air conditioner wouldn't get colder than 70 degrees most nights. The extra resort fee guaranteed a cleaned room every day.
The location of the hotel was fine, if you didn't mind walking a lot. The on-site dining was pricey but good.

Room Tip: The air conditioner would get cold enough for me to sleep comfortably. I like to sleep in a cold roo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Manager at Monte Carlo Resort & Casino, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear vprase9,

We apologize for the delays encountered during the check-in process, and regret any dissatisfaction regarding your room temperature. Both are important aspects of the overall resort experience, and should never interfere with your enjoyment. We are grateful for your observations, and will take definitive measures to ensure your next visit is flawless.

guestrelations@montecarlo.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,300)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed at the Monte Carlo April 11-14th for a work function with my friend. The accomodations were just average, nothing special. They truly need to upgrade or renovate. Our first room we were given was on the 3rd floor overlooking nothing. The second room was better overlooking the pool. Both were clean and cleaned daily. That is the reason for 3 stars.

The buffet was pretty good though :) I like that they have a food court with simple choices Mickey D's, Subway etc. The location is good on the strip; however i found it difficult to get across the street so it was pretty much go to the right (New York New York like a two minute walk) or go to the left which was about a 10 minute walk to the Aria...and really nothing hotel wise right across the street. Just something i noticed usually staying on the opposite side. It's quite a bit of a walk down to like Planet Hollywood...Paris etc....and there is no over pass close to get to the other side.

I had an issue getting show tickets. Alie at the Blue Man group desk was EXTREMELY helpful (her real name is Alison) They booked my tickets under a completely different name. I know stupid. Alie walked me to the other side of the casino to the VIP room waited there with me to get everything resolved and then walked me back to print off my show tickets :) Consequently, another woman named Alie in VIP services (her real name Alejandra) was equally as helpful in making calls and getting things taken care of. Highly appreciated.

Lastly, foolishly I left my Ipad Air in the previous room that we moved from for what was like 24 hours. Long story short a blond working the front desk Sunday night (i don't remember her name :( (on April 13th) quickly contacted house keeping, then security, and helped me to recover my Ipad issue free.

Like i said early, the Monte Carlo is not the most glamorous property on the strip but the customer service was worth mentioning :) I would not mind staying there again for that reason alone. They do have a new property called Hotel 32 which is newer and nicer maybe i'll try that next time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear chavilicious,

Whether you come here for business, pleasure, or a little of both, nothing beats a stay at Monte Carlo. With a fantastic array of food options and dedicated hotel staff, Monte Carlo offers every guest the VIP treatment without emptying their wallets. Thank you for recognizing one of our box office employees. We will forward your comments to the appropriate management personnel so she can be lauded for her efforts. Please feel free to visit us again at any time!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I loved the hotel, the location and the pool area. The rooms were clean and up to date. The staff was excellent and just a beautiful hotel. It's not crazy like Bellagio, venetian just to name a few. Would definately recommend and would stay again if I were to return.

Dear Dennise P,

Thanks so much for the travel recommendation! It was an absolute pleasure serving you during your recent stay at Monte Carlo. We hope to see you again soon!

Harper Woods, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

First visit to Vegas since 77 so my reference point of the strip is non existence. As far as the Monte Carlo I found no complainants the place has everything where you never have to leave.There is fast food , convenience store , clothes store , high end restaurants, and of course gambling . Nice pool with VERY LOUD music . I think they gear it up for the young crowd witch I notice was the major . My memories of Vegas was Fremont St. which I thought was a little more hardcore fun, I am just a guy from Detroit... lol, that the glitz of the strip. Bottom line you can't go wrong here with the stay great staff, good value, and location on the strip and the rest of Vegas...

Room Tip: check A/C unit in your room. I did have a noisy fan but didn't bother to complain because the ro...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Manager at Monte Carlo Resort & Casino, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear goiked,

We’re glad to see you back after such a long hiatus! Sure, Las Vegas has changed dramatically over the years, but one thing has remained constant: our commitment to superior service. It’s what separates Monte Carlo from the rest of the competition, and keeps us a top travel destination the world over. We appreciate your positive review, and hope you’ll consider staying with us again the next time you come to town.

Torrance, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Get your MLife card and save. Other than having a problem with neighboring guests smoking in their room and smoke coming through the adjoining door, we really had a great time. I enjoyed the in room coffeemaker with daily cups of coffee and water, our time at the pool and the few restaurants we were able to eat at were all great! Diablo's Signature tacos are fantastic. The room attendants were very attentive even though we had a do not disturb sign at our door, they added extra towels, water and coffee to our door knob. NICE! I wish we could have stayed longer!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Roseanne2012,

Although we regret the challenges encountered due to the activity of neighboring guests, we’re pleased to know the rest of your stay proved enjoyable. From the attentive service of our Housekeeping staff, to extraordinary restaurants like Diablo’s Cantina and Double Barrel Roadhouse, Monte Carlo continues to be a top tourist destination along the Las Vegas Strip. Happy birthday, Mustang!

Grand Forks, ND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My friend and I had a girls getaway and stayed here because it was a really good deal when we booked it with airfare. Yes, the rooms and hallways are in need of some updating and repair. Stained upholstery on the furniture, wallpaper bubbling around the edges in the bathroom, brass color rubbed half off the bathroom fixtures, and a hallway wall in disrepair on our floor. The other bummers were the lack of the expected Kurig coffee maker in the room and the policy of no beverages in the pool area that were not purchased in the pool area.

OK, now for the positives. When you check in the elevators are right there ... No schlepping your luggage through the casino to get to your room or to check out. Easy casino layout ... No getting lost around corners or in nooks and crannies. Lots of affordable food options nearby with the food court in house and Denny's across the street. The burgers in the pub are excellent, the fries are the best I've ever had and they have good happy hour specials with an extensive beer selection. We ate at the Cafe for breakfast and found it good, but overpriced, and we ate at Diablo's and enjoyed the food but found it really loud. I would have liked to sit in the area that is open to the strip to people watch, but that section fills up quickly. The shopping area is fine, and features a second Starbucks and blended beverage bar similar to a Fat Tuesdays. At the end of the shopping area is one of the best features, in my opinion, the free tram to the Bellagio. When you are walking that much, anything that saves you steps is welcome. There is also a CVS next door for anything you may have forgotten to pack.

All that being said, if they remodeled, I wouldn't hesitate in staying there again. If they have not by the time I vacation there again, I might stay again or I might try somewhere else depending on who I travel with.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Monte Carlo Resort & Casino, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Ivy_58201,

Thank you for your thoughtful remarks. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient tram and eclectic blend of dining options throughout your visit. However, it is discouraging to read that you were not fully impressed with your room quality. We have sent this valuable feedback to our management team in an effort to reevaluate our offerings and continue to improve the guest experience. We hope that you will return soon so you can see all the new venues on Monte Boulevard!

Kimberly M.
Guest Relations Specialist
Meridian, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We go to Las Vegas every year & stay somewhere different for the fun & excitement. The Monte Carlo came recommend, but it was the DIRTEST hotel we have every stay at. The Motel 6 is cleaner than they were. Food in the hallways, in front of the elevators at 10 in the morning :( YUK!!!! We stayed for 3 nights and everyday we asked for clean towels due to brown marks on them. The room was never vacuumed or coffee stains wiped up(from before we stayed there), we started leaving food around to see if it would get cleaned or wiped up & they NEVER DID....GROSS!!! It was VERY disappointing because we love going to Las Vegas, but NEVER again will be stay at the Monte Carlo. We will tell everyone about this BAD experience, you can count on US to do it!!!!

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before staying in it - You want it to be clean :)
Dear Scott B,

We are deeply sorry for the level of cleanliness you encountered throughout your stay with us at Monte Carlo. Our intention is to always provide the highest level of service and accommodations, and we have sent your valuable feedback to our management team in an effort to reevaluate best practices. If you’d like to discuss your stay in further detail, please reach out to us at guestrelations@montecarlo.com. Thank you for your constructive comments, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Kimberly M.
Guest Relations Specialist
guestrelations@montecarlo.com

Been to Monte Carlo Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!