I should've done more research before booking this hotel on our USA trip. I had had high expectations for Las Vegas and our stay at the Monte Carlo but they fell very short due to our hotel experience.
Our check in experience was no hassle, we were greeted by friendly reception staff. However the hotel is very outdated and needs an upgrade and perhaps a really good clean. Upon check in we were given a room on the 23rd level. The room was not up to par at all, there were questionable stains on the furniture and on the bed facing the window the sheets were old, grey and had holes in them! I am not even sure how housekeeping had decided these were good enough to be placed on the bed in the first place. I did call up reception who were happy enough to let us change rooms after I complained and we were moved to level 30.
The casino itself had an awful domestic cleansing smell which I assume is used to mask the smoking smell. The carpets are stained and uneven so be careful when walking to avoid tripping. We did not use the pool, it seemed to be empty on the days we were here.
Housekeeping also came really early in the mornings around 9am, and would consequently not return till later in the afternoon when we were back in our rooms to rest before the evening and so cleaning was done while we were in our rooms.
For the price you pay I would honestly suggest forking out the extra cash and staying more towards the middle of the strip at the other casinos its actually not too expensive at all to stay in Vegas save yourself the hassle and go with the slightly more expensive ones. This hotel also has no wifi access which I did not understand considering it is 2013 and we are paying a resort fee to stay here. The only good thing about this hotel was the citycenter tram which took you across to the Bellagio. You couldnt catch this tram enough to get away from this hotel!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Vegas.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Monte Carlo Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Carlo Resort And Casino
- Monte Carlo Hotel Las Vegas
- Carlo Hotel Las Monte Vegas
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Reviews