“good times” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Monte Carlo Resort & Casino

You added Monte Carlo Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Monte Carlo Resort & Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3770 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #82 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Tuttle, Oklahoma, Usa
“good times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I booked a spa suite and it could not have been better, we didn't have any complaints. We used our M-Life cards with our gambling at all the MGM properties and between us had enough points to get some of our room nights compt and pool bar tab, would stay again anytime and already thinking when we can make time to come back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Monte Carlo Resort & Casino, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Hi Joel S!

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. We are excited to hear that you and your wife had a great experience and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

guestrelations@montecarlo.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,984)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a pretty average place to stay and offers good value for the price. Next time I'll probably choose a strip hotel that features a more thorough theme, Paris appealed to me. Monte Carlo didn't remind me much of the gambling capital of Europe. The casino's ceiling wasn't as high as the newer casino's and the retail section was tiny compared to the big boys. The perfume they pump in to cover smoke smell was strong but I found it pleasant. I could not breathe at Treasure Island. My nose found their scent offensive. There is a small food court, nice to have for simple breakfast or quick meal, and the buffet was fine. I didn't eat at any other restaurants here. They did have a dueling piano bar that looked fun and enough variety of bars with happy hour specials, but nothing special. Try to be around for the Blue Man Group parade through the casino and lobby during the early evening.

Check-in was easy at our 2:30 arrival time, and they didn't charge an early fee for that 30 minutes. I wanted a king bed, which I had to wait for, but my friend's room was ready. They said they would text me when mine was ready, and they did, the next day. Fortunately I didn't wait for a text and just checked at the desk an hour later and it was ready.

The outdoor pool area is one of the plusses of this older hotel. A small wave pool and regular pool were fine, but the lazy river was dynamite. You can rent inner tubes ($10/day, $5 after 2pm) and just float the day away in this circular, ever-moving pool. I actually bought chair floats at Walmart for $6 apiece and brought them with me. When I walked into the pool area a lifeguard offered to inflate them for me (they have a pump).

The hotel has a free tram that travels to Aria, City Center shops and the Bellagio, all part of MGM, which made getting up the strip easy. I picked this hotel in part because it's in the middle of the strip and it was convenient. There is a tix4tonight discount ticket seller right across the street. Like most hotels there is a $20 resort fee that gets added on to the room rate.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hi IntrepidMoon!

Thank you for sharing such a detailed review with us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed The Pools and the Blue Man Group procession during your recent stay! The Pools are very popular with our guests and we are happy that you had a great experience at them. It is also great to know that you found the location and the tram traveling to CityCenter and Bellagio convenient as well! We apologize that some areas of your stay fell short of your expectations and welcome you to contact us at guestrelations@montecarlo.com if you would like to discuss your stay further. Thank you again for sharing your comments and we look forward to hearing from you soon!

Riverside, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The rooms are a little dated for the price you pay but overall this place is great. I love the fact that there's a food court. The restaurants are great but sometimes you just want to grab a snack on the casino floor. In the middle of the strip, great location if you are walking. Has a tram at the hotel going to the Bellagio. Staff very friendly. Of the 4 pools, the lazy river is my favorite

Room Tip: Away from elevator Strip view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi carroza,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you found our staff friendly. The location of the hotel and the tram traveling to Bellagio and CityCenter are popular with our guests and we are glad that they were convenient during your stay. It is also great to know that you enjoyed the lazy river at The Pools as well! Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Monte Carlo is in a great location. As one of the older Hotels it's nice but in some ways shows it's age. The custodial staff were friendly and accommodating. If you are looking for upscale and luxury this is not it. When I travel I look at everything, the most positive things for the Monte Carlo is it's location, the food court where inexpensive food can be purchased and the pool! Don't forget to check out the shops as well. Aside from showing her age a little I enjoyed my stay. The beds were very comfortable.

Room Tip: You will enjoy being able to grab a quick snack from the food bar.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hi Mawhitby,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to see that you enjoyed The Pools and found the bed in your room comfortable during your stay. Many of our guests find the location of the hotel convenient and we are glad that you could agree. It is also great to know that you enjoyed the Food Court and our shops as well! Again, we appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

For us this was a perfect hotel and have stayed there a couple of times. For the price the hotel is very nice and since we love to walk it was at a perfect location. We loved the hotel restaurant...we got the buffet most every day, you pay for the day and can eat at any time up to 10:00 pm. This was a great deal as eveything expecially restaurants are very expensive in Las Vegas.

Room Tip: All the rooms that we have stayed in have been great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hi FLgirl2!

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay and welcome back! We are thrilled to see that you enjoy the hotel and find the location of the hotel convenient! Thank you again for sharing your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

san diego, ca.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Got to the front desk where they gave us our room keys, we git ri the room and they where still cleaning it!!! We where unpacking when the door opened from the outside, it was the housekeeping lady who left her phone charging in our room, i gave her a piece of my mind fir opening the door. The restaurant I recomend from this hotel is Dragon Noodle Company, superb, it also has a food court with mc donalds, subway with prices way over what you would expect to pay outside. They have hidden fees wich include use of Wired internet, not wi fi, the use of a keurig coffee machine and 2 little bottles if water. They have 4 pools, one is private, the big one with waves and the lazy river are nice. Just across from the hotel you have stores like Coca Cola, and M & M's , casino is ok, the only thing I did not like was that I was playing the slot machiness and an oriental girl came up to me asking me if I wanted ti have a good time, I said sorry I'm here with my wife and family ans ahe went away looking for other clients!!! I also went to the buffet wich is expensive with food similar to home town buffet!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Yuma, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This is one of my favorite Vegas hotels. The location in City Center is perfect. The rooms are a little dated for the price you pay but overall this place is great. I love the fact that there's a food court. The restaurants are great but sometimes you just want to grab a snack on the casino floor. Oh, did I mention the location...

• Stayed May 2013
Hi SAiello!

Thank you for your comments. We are thrilled to hear that you find the location of the hotel convenient during your stay! It is also great to know that you enjoyed the different dining options at the hotel as well! Again, we appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

guestrelations@montecarlo.com

Been to Monte Carlo Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!