“Decent Hotel, Could do better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Monte Carlo Resort & Casino

You added Monte Carlo Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Monte Carlo Resort & Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3770 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #85 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Decent Hotel, Could do better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2003

We went during the second week of December. Check in and check out were very quick, the room was larger than a typical basic hotel room, and we had a great view of the Strip, the MGM Hotel across the street, and New York New York to the right of us. It's a good location, near the newer hotels including the Bellagio. I would stay here again if I had to (didn't have any major problems with it), but we could have spent less money for a better overall resort hotel. There are alot of deals out there, so price them before you book. IMPORTANT NOTE: Many plays and attractions weren't open when we were there such as the New York New York rollercoaster, Lance Burton's magic show (at the Monte Carlo), Mystere and O. Call ahead to find out the dates they are open. And definitely spin the big slot machine outside of the Tropicana for your free deck of playing cards, free admision to the Legends Hall of Fame museum, and other goodies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,291)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2003

Stayed at the Monte Carlo hotel last year upon recommendation from my Travel Agent. The reason we went to Las Vegas was to get married, but now we are hooked on the place! The Monte Carlo was a fantastic place to stay, room great, staff great, breakfasts were great and the steaks in Blackstones were to die for. Beware of touching anything metal though when walking through the casino or you will get an electric shock! The pool area was really lovely too, with a choice of a wave pool or lazy river. The hairdresser did a lovely job on my hair on my wedding day, but I had to take my makeup off and do it again myself, because it was miles too thick and it made me look really old - apart from that, I cannot fault the hotel. Don't forget to have plenty of cash on you when you go to Blackstones Restaurant, as when we gave them all the cash we had on us at the time for a tip, the waiter looked disgusted and even showed his mate in disbelief which was embarassing at the time, but now its something to look back on now and laugh about - best steak I've ever had.

Cleveland, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2003

Great resort!! We had an absolutely outstanding time here in early December 2003. The front desk clerk who helped us was SO helpful and friendly that it gave a favorable impression right from the lobby. The room had a Strip view without any added upcharge. There was a Ben Stiller movie being filmed in the Casino that took up a bit of space, but they allowed us to walk thru the background during the filming of a scene so we didn't mind too much. The Buffet did not offer much, but the Food Court was outstanding and we ate there for the duration of our stay. We definately plan to stay here again...and we have stayed in several other Strip Casinos (Bally's and Excalibur).

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2003

Having enjoyed my two-night stay at the Monte Carlo in late October, I must say that the pool facilities were the real highlight of my visit.
The wave pool and easy river ride are especially fun and can be enjoyed by young and old. The staff were attentive and, in several instances, quite charming. One of the pool boys, Jorge, could be a supermodel.
Room rates vary, of course, but the $75 per night I paid represented good value-for-money.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2003

Myself along with three co-workers spent the weekend of Nov.13/03 at your Hotel. We had a wonderful time. While we were there we visited 15 of the Hotels along the Strip and all agreed that when we return to Vegas we would deffinitly stay at the Monte Carlo Hotel again. Thanks for the great weekend we will all remember, Michelle Hansen

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2003

My wife and I stayed at the Monte Carlo for three nights from Nov. 12th to15th. This was our first time at this hotel and we were pleasantly surprised. The staff were friendly, very helpful and we had a great room. The casino was not too busy and the crowd at the hotel was great.
We ate at the brew pub and had an evening buffet - both were fine. I especially liked the close proximity of the parkade to the hotel. We had no difficulty checking in or out and the slots were very rewarding!!! We have stayed at several other hotels in Las Vegas, but will definitely book into the Monte Carlo again on our next trip. J & P

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2003

Wife and I stayed at the Monte Carlo Nov 12-14, 2003. We checked in and upgraded to a Jacuzzi Suite for an extra $100 a night (we splurged).
The room was nice, but there were areas of improvement in terms of cleanliness of the room. We don't smoke, but my wife thought some had smoked in the room recently (it was a non-smoking floor). Had the buffet for breakfast one morning--it sucked. We also weren't impressed with the cafe. However, the Chinese restaurant, Dragon Noodle, was excellent. Also, Blackstone's Steakhouse was incredible...we ate at Delmonico @ the Venetian a few days before and we were not impressed in the least...the NY steak I had at Blackstone's blew Delmonicos out of the water, plus their desserts are out of this world. Get reservations...expect at least $50 a person w/o drinks. In terms of playing, I hate slot machines, so I can't help you there. The poker room is nice and somewhat off to the side near the race/sports book, so the mayhem of people blowing their social security checks or spending little Johnny's college fund on the slots are kept to a minimum. During the week they had 1-5 stud, 2-4 hold 'em, and 2-4-8 hold 'em. On Friday and Saturday, they also have no limit hold 'em with $100 buy-in and $5 blinds for the bold. Service was great, lots of loose players, but the cards were cold for me...did much better at Luxor's card room though.
Other oddities--saw a guy get dragged out in handcuffs by four security guys and the day before we left, about 10 Elvi (more then one Elvis) were checking in...must have been a convention or something...only in Vegas!

Been to Monte Carlo Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!