“Good location and cleanliness, poor service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Monte Carlo Resort & Casino

You added Monte Carlo Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Monte Carlo Resort & Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3770 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #84 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Pisa, Italy
“Good location and cleanliness, poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a very good hotel for its position, right on the strip of Las Vegas, next to Bellaggio. Cons: you don't get room that you reserved, you probably need to give a good tip to get a room with nice view and 30 mins queing for check out. We stayed there for two nigths. The last two we moved to Tuscany suits, which is not on the strip but it's much better, less expensive, better services and huge rooms.

Room Tip: Tip at the front desk, maybe .... to get a good room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,297)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Aliso Viejo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I'm not an avid Las Vegas traveler but we traveled there for our friends' vow renewal. The Monte Carlo is a beautiful hotel and the rooms were very clean, the bathroom was ok but pretty basic. But I was shocked that this seemingly popular hotel did not have wifi in the rooms in order to use my iPad! I had to walk way down to Starbuck's to receive a signal. I doubt that I will stay there again because of this. Check-in wasn't too bad I guess for a hotel in Las Vegas but we had to wait a good 20-25 minutes.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here in 28-119 room during my business trip for CES 2013, from 8th~12th Jan 2013. The room faced the luxor and New York New York Hotels towards the South of the Boulevard. Let me get straight into the pros and cons.

Pros:
- Location: Located right on the strip, next to Bellagio. This is probably the strongest point the hotel has to offer.
- Rooms: Huge rooms with comfortable beds. Though its right on the strip, the rooms were really quiet for a comfortable nights sleep.
- Access: There are plenty of Taxis and the SDX stop is right next to the hotel and its about a 20$ ride from the airport (excluding tips). There is a tram facility connecting to Bellagio as well.
- Front Desk: They were very kind and courteous. Upgraded me to a high floor room at no extra cost.
- Breakfast: I got free coupons for breakfast/brunch buffet and the selections were many. But the taste was not something I would pay for. But for the free coupons I would have skipped the buffer altogether.

Cons:
- Resort Fees: There is a 20$/night resort fee
- Internet: No Wi-Fi in the rooms. C'mon this is 21st century.
- Bathroom: The toilet made a HUGE noise each time I flushed it, loud enough to frighten a child. The shower was basic and the shampoo etc provided were low quality (paid $200/night)
- Noisy Neighbors: The soundproofing between rooms is VERY bad. I could literally hear my next room neighbors talking.
- Housekeeping: I had specially asked them to keep extra bottles of water (put a note even) and was ignored. In the night when I asked for extra water, the guy came along and did not look happy giving it to me. Just very informal and not courteous. Since I came from Asia, I asked for the electric plug adapter and I was told that they don't provide it. And they also asked me to buy it for about $20 from the shop in the hotel

In one line: Next time I am in Vegas, I would probably look else where for a better hotel on the strip at a similar price and I guess you should do too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sidney, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I "do" Las Vegas regularly. He loves the gambling and I love the outlet malls and other shopping. We manage to meet up and do things together, too. We have stayed in several hotels but end up going back to the Monte Carlo. We find the rooms very spacious and pleasant (also clean!) and the whole hotel is nice. The beds are extremely comfortable.

The Monte Carlo is not in the upper end / luxury category but we prefer the smaller hotels (not so much walking to get to the Strip and not so pretentious) and we like the location of the Monte Carlo as well as the little food court. It's also well priced. We find the casino less smoky than a lot of the others. We stayed in the Paris once and loved the room and the French theme (also the best location) but found the casino quite smoky and the restaurants limited.
So, if you aren't after the high end experience but want understated comfort and quality, this hotel is a good choice.

Room Tip: We have had rooms on both the Strip side and the opposite side and have had loved both views. Highe...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised by the standard of this hotel for the cost.

The rooms were large, clean and very comfortable. We had a strip view, and access to all the facilities you expect from the larger complexes. The food court and buffet restaurant provided easy dining.

This was an easy, friendly experience which was fantastic quality for money.

• Stayed January 2013
Ogden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place is a great place to stay. The location is towards the newer part of the strip and in the middle of everything it seems. A decent walking distance to any of the strip attractions or to see some of your friends that paid more for a room somewhere else thats just as nice as nice as theirs.
I have been and stayed here on multiple occasions and have never been disappointed. The price always seems right whatever the season might be, plus the rooms are very clean. I have found that the prices here seem equivalent to the cheaper, older casinos but this place is nicer and better. Lobby is really nice and easy to find things, such as trying to get to the Strip, etc.
I would recommend staying here anytime for both family and couples. I have done both and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Drumheller, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were impressed with this huge hotel and their service. Clean rooms and welcoming staff. Did not have to wait forever to get access to rooms. Great shops and food especially The Pub. We were also given vouchers which we were happy to have. Would certainly stay there again

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Monte Carlo Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!