We did 3 nights at the Monte Carlo as cheerleaders for 3 sons & 2 daughters-in-law who ran the LasVegas Rock n Roll Marathon the second day of our stay. I suppose the casino is comparable to others of the vintage of MC; however, this brief commentary is about our guest room on the 11th floor . . . a great view! Prefacing the bad is the good: the public contact and telephone answering folk were superb (perhaps excepting the housekeeping folk who understood very little of the English language).
Our guest room seemed maavelous when entering on marble flooring in the "entry" and bathroom. BUT . . . the toilet seat was hazardously loose, the shower/tub wall was greatly, but inappropriately highlighted with mildew and the tub drain virtually didn't -- don't cha just love standing in several inches of scrufty water by the end of your shower. The bath room door hinges screeching reminiscent of a haunted house -- so much for stealth mode for middle of the night trips. The mattresses surely were worn out (I realize degree of firmness is a preference) and a used Q-tip was lying on carpet next to bed. I don't recall seeing or hearing a vacuum cleaner in the hotel during the 3 days of our stay. Initially, we were really impressed getting a phone call in the evening from "security" telling us our guest room door was not secure, but then it happened the second evening even though the door was closed and dead bolt engaged both occasions. hmmm. During the first wake-up in our room, a very congenial, efficient hotel "engineer" was at the door to fix the drain, toilet seat and door hinges! voila!! (If only housekeeping didn't leave quality control for the guests.)
Well . . . we had a great time with our "kids". Our expectations of living large at the Monte Carlo were not met!
All-in-all the hotel served its purpose and we realize casino hotel rooms are merely a way-point to the casino for most(?) patrons. Our son had no problem with their room. Other son & wife stayed at Harrahs (near finish line for marathon) for less $ and had no discrepancies
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, MGM Domestic, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Vegas.com, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Monte Carlo Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Carlo Resort And Casino
- Monte Carlo Hotel Las Vegas
- Carlo Hotel Las Monte Vegas
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Reviews