“Great stay!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Monte Carlo Resort & Casino

You added Monte Carlo Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Monte Carlo Resort & Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3770 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #83 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Hale, Michigan, United States
“Great stay!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I were there for our 25th. We loved the room and the view as we had a high floor with a strip view. Everyone was very helpful and nice. We did eat at the buffet there and was not at all impressed with it. The room was very clean and the bathroom was nice size and clean. The room was very quiet. The only thing I did not agree with was the $20 per night resort fee...but all hotels in Vegas seems to charge some sort of fee like this. It would have been nice if for that $20 we could have had wifi. Great location. Would stay again.

Room Tip: I would suggest a high floor room with a strip view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,044)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Maple Ridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed on the 21st floor. I asked to be upgraded when we checked . That was done I liked that.
The room was very clean. The cleaning staff does a really good job and they are very friendly when you see them in the hallways.
I enjoyed the poker room. The staff in there is very nice.
The girls who take your drink orders are all very nice and friendly. Once u order you do not have to wait very long for you drink to arrive. I liked that.
The casnio it self was nice and big with lots of slots and lots of table games to choose from. People can smoke in there and as long as someone was not right beside you. It would probably would not bother you that much. ( this is not the case for every casnio, we went to the Rio and with in half an hour our eyes were bothering us)
The pool was very nice. The weather for us was great around 95. The wave pool, the lazy river, the regular pool, all very nice. You can not bring in any outside drinks including water. I don't know how much a beer is ,but the frozen drinks are $25 for not very much.

I did not feel like a VIP when we started to learn more about M Life. We are not high rollers by any means, but we did play the slots, I played a lot poker and the tables games. We lost about $1000 dollars in the Monty Carlo Casnio and when we checked out we had $ 5.18 in express comps ( are u flipping kidding me, what a joke it was to here that)
As I learned they do not track you unless, you play min $0.25 on slots for a certain about of time and min $15 on table games /per bet of course. We loose $ 1000 and get $ 5.18 in comps. What a joke. We stayed at the Gold Coast the last time we were in vegas and I pretty much had every meal comped. That felt like an even trade for my money. I am getting mad just thing about it.
I had high hopes for M Life and getting comped because not to many people leave Vegas with any money left and also the way I remember being comped at the Gold Coast. I did not feel this way with M Life. I think they have forgotten who keeps a casnio going, it is us the liitle peolpe who come for the weekend and drop $1000. This what I could afford to loose and that is fine that I lost that, just do not get me all excited about being a VIP and let me think I am going to get all these comps or possibly get with this card only to find out because I did not play long enough at one table or slot machine and that I split up my time playing over my whole and not in one 4 hour session. The M Life card is advertisted that we are all VIP's this not the case , it only really benefits the people who play for much higher stakes.

M Life is a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and our cousins stayed in resort hotel and casino for three days and two nights. It is located right at the heart of Vegas. The room is very spacious, with two queen sized comfortable beds and it is also very clean. The bathroom was likewise very clean and spacious although I noticed that it was a bit outdated already. But it was still good anyway. The hotel staff are very good and courteous. One thing I noticed though is that it was really flocked by so many guests that the qeue for check-in and even for check-out took longer than usual, a little taxing for us who traveled from Los Angeles by land. The food was excellent too (hotel has wide array of restaurants, ranging from fine dining to fast food). I also had the chance to experience gambling in their casino. Strategically located, you can find almost everything (tourists spots, restaurants [even the famous M&Ms stores and all the other fine casinos) right outside the hotel's doorstep. It's a few minutes walk to the New York New York Hotel and Casino, The MGM Grand, the Mandalay Bay, the Mirage and all the other beautiful hotel and casinos in vegas. Souvenir shops are also easy to find, practically just right accross the street. I would certainly go back to this hotel if I'm in vegas and yes, I would certainly recommend this hotel to everybody who are looking for a fine hotel to stay at in Las Vegas!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Avon, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I visited here in September on a weekend. The hotel was very busy that weekend. I asked for an upgrade and was told they were full. I was in the deluxe room (which is just the standard room). It was a decent size and no view. The bathroom was ok...the bathroom needed some renovating.
The hotel has a casino, restaurants and bars. There was nothing amazing there, but everything was ok. They have a little food court with a mcdonalds, subway and a few other places to eat. I didn't eat in any of the nicer restaurants. As far as anyone with a gluten free diet, there was nothing in the food court to eat which was a bit disappointing.
The pool was small...i went to check it out, but it was too busy and it seems like not enough room so I decided against it.

It wasn't a terrible hotel, but I probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Monte Carlo M, Guest Relations Manager at Monte Carlo Resort & Casino, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Hi dizzygoo82,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate all feedback we receive from guests as it allows us to improve and provide the best service possible. We are currently reviewing innovative ways to refresh our rooms in the future. If you could please send any additional details regarding your experience as well as your preferred contact information to GuestRelations@MonteCarlo.com we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers!

Monte Carlo Guest Relations Team
GuestRelations@MonteCarlo.com
KENT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was our second visit to Vegas and previously stayed at Caesars - much prefer the Monte Carlo it was just perfect. Lovely hotel and everything within the hotel was within easy access for every guest.

Location of MC on the strip was pretty central and had the added advantage of a free mono rail between Mandalay Bay one way and the Bellagio the other way. Great service. Access to this mono rail is just a short walk via "Street of Dreams" which is adjacent to the Lobby, the Food Hall and Casino.

Rooms were clean and spacious. Only down side was the bathroom towels. Some were frayed and with holes, but were clean and changed daily. So this was only a very small flaw. Shower was great and had plenty of hot water. Unfortunately no fridge in room but not a problem for us, as there was an ice machine on each floor by the elevator. Safe in each room - free of charge. Plus iron & ironing board and hair dryer. Some people have commented that the MC is dated in it's decor but we found it comfortable and in keeping with the hotel. These people must be looking for ultra chic glass & steel decor.

The pool entrance was adjacent to the Lobby and elevators. So you did not have to walk miles to the pool like in some hotels. You had to show your room card for entry. Likewise for the pool towels. No outside drinks allowed - they did check. However, not a problem as you could either purchase drinks from the pool side waitresses or they had a water cooler which dispensed ice cold water - free! You could find a sunbed quite easily but due to the height of the hotel itself, in some places in was in the shade until the sun came around. This was the case in other hotels that we visited. The Lazy River was fun and you can hire a ring to float around. Or they have another pool just for people to swim around in. The Wave Pool was for me the best. Came on about every 15 minutes. Gentle sweeping waves.

Food Hall very good with choice of eating options and had something for everyone. Subways, McDonalds, Pizza section etc., and of course Starbucks our life saver. Shame it closed at 11pm although Subways was 24 hours. There was also another Starbucks at the end of "Street of Dreams". The Big Belly Buffet was on par with other hotels and good selection.

Casino was good. Had a good atmosphere and feeling and comfortable to play in. We did win on the machines, so that was an added bonus!

So for us it was a lovely stay, as prior to going, booked a show for each evening - all of these shows were great. - Love, Human Nature, Legends, V-Variety, MJ Live and Donny & Marie Osmond. Would, without a doubt book at MC again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Waupaca, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed at Monte Carlo resort Friday Sept 28th and Sat 29th, had a very nice time, hotel was clean (at least all areas I was in) Staff was friendly and very helpful. We were on the 4th floor, room was nice size and bed was very comfy. Had a banquet in a ballroom saturday night food was very good and ballroom was gorgeous.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Kettering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is our third stay at the Monte Carlo Hotel & Casino and our tenth holiday in Vegas our stay again was comfortable enjoyable and highly recommended friendly staff and very clean rooms excellent. Would highly recommend the Brand Steak Restaurant for a very tasty Steak top quality food and service.

Room Tip: Stay on floors 25 and above for super views either strip or mountain
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Monte Carlo Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!