“Spend your money Elsewhere” 1 of 5 stars

Daily breakfast for two
Ranked #10 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Winston Salem, NC
“Spend your money Elsewhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2007

COMFIRM EVERYTHING. That's the best advice I can give to anyone planning to stay at this hotel. When we checked in, our room was not ready. They asked us to wait 45 minutes. Please keep in mind that it was already 1am and we wanted to go to sleep. We were attending a conference later that morning. When we finally got to a room, it wasn't a room! It was a "party room" that they said they were going to wheel roll away beds into (and were still planning on charging us full price). When we got to the room the beds weren't there and the shower had a big hole in it! The phone didn't work so we had to go all the way back downstairs and across the casino to get back to the front desk. They didn't believe us and made us go back up to the room. An "engineer" met us, and he called the front desk and told them we couldn't stay there. They didn't believe him! Finally, after another 30 minutes of waiting they moved us to a room. During the 3 hour ordeal they offered us various forms of compensation, but when we went to check out they denied it! Beautiful hotel, but I will never stay there or let anyone I care about stay there.

• Liked — Nothing.
  • Disliked — Everything.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,402)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Portland, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2007

We moved to the Venetian from the Signature at the MGM Grand following our wedding for our “honeymoon.” As soon as we checked in we both began missing the Signature, which may not be a reflection on the Venetian so much as the Signature fit us perfectly.
It was our honeymoon and while the front desk clerk did say he moved us to a renovated suite, it was still in the Venetian tower. I was hoping for the Venezia and had my $20 ready for him, but no such luck. It was a Monday with rooms available so I was a little disappointed.
The room was very nice, looks just like the pictures. The remote control curtain was nice, but broken and they did not fix it during our stay.
No fridge, we needed one for the cake and called down, waited an hour and finally left. Returned 3 hours later still no fridge. Called again and was told we did not have any earlier which is why we did not bring one up. Finally got one this time. Would have expected a hotel like the Venetian to call and let us know they were out instead of us waiting for an hour (missed our chance at the cheesy gondola ride – hey we were on our honeymoon!)
After the Signature the bathroom felt small and the shower positively tiny. We both enjoyed the room, though and the bed was very comfortable.
We did get charged for picking up a bottled water, not even drinking it, just picking it up.
Valet was terrible, I just self parked it was easier and faster.
We loved the location.
We loved the Grand Lux café, I cannot recommend this place highly enough, but then again, I am a Cheesecake Factory fan, so what can I say?
Our view was of the Sands convention center roof and not much else.
Overall the hotel is very nice, but I doubt we would return to stay again; there are too many other choices in the same or less expensive rates that we would prefer.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Pool service was terrible
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2007

Room was gorgeous and very clean, turn down service each night, magnificant bath, bed and living room. Only 2 complaints: the smell of cigararette smoke is aweful throughout the halls and casino where you can barely breathe - I didnt notice the smoke smell at all the other casinos. We were in the Venezia Tower and the halls reeked of smoke. The other complaint is how impossible it is to navigate the halls. It took 15 minutes or more and 3 elevators to go from casino or convention hall to room. Sometimes we had to wait for 4 elevators due to crowding. Incredibly overcrowded check in at 1 am! Restaurants well overpriced for my budget but a few food court places exist for a sandwich ($9) Gondola ride very cool but overpriced for $12 of 10 minutes. A couple wanting a private ride paid $50 for those 10 minutes. I would stay here again - It was very classy, I hope adding the Palazzo wont make it any more crowded since I feel it is over the limit now

Stayed July 2007
Chanhassen, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2007

My wife and I spent our 10th Anniversarry here at the end of June and loved every second of it. We stayed in the newly rennovated rooms of the main tower on the 20th floor overlooking the pools and the strip. It was a magnificient view and the mountains in the distance provided a perfect setting for our view.

I loved the automatic blinds and drapes.....made us feel like we were in a bif suite. The room was huge with a sunken living area and a beautiful bathroom. I loved the three LCD televisions they had in the rooms.

There were some complaints about the noise while we were here from other guests and we certainly could hear TAO pounding out the music late Saturday night......but, if you're in Vegas, you have to have a certain level of acceptance that the nights will be active. It's not the place to go if you want to have a completely realaxing and quite time. Although, we did our best, lounging by the pools and hanging out!

The casino is always packed and the minimums are higher generally, so I found myself walkind down to Harrahs next door. The atmosphere for the casino was just more fun and it was more affordable for me to gamble.

We didn't eat at many Venetian restauraunts while we were there, so I can 't give a good evaluation of their food. We did eat at Valentino's Grill and the Cafe off the Casino floor and both were excellent. We saw "Phantom" while we were there and it was awesome!! We had first row seats and my wife thought this was the best of the three shows we saw (Celine and Le Reve).

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It is considered one of the three or four "posh" hotels in Vegas, so you will pay a bit more, but we love the nice stuff and this place really delivers in that regard. Next time you're in Vegas, take a stroll along the Canal shops and check it out for yourself. It's absolutely fabulous!

• Liked — Location and Quality of Hotel
  • Disliked — Busy!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2007

This was our first trip to Vegas but we checked out some other of the big hotels during our trip so I have a pretty good feel. We have been to all the east coast casinos as well.
We had booked the basic room - it was huge by casino standards, with plenty of room to hang out if you have a group - a real sitting area with an L-shaped couch centering on a large flat screen tv, an ottoman and a large table - there was also a desk and chair and another small round dining table and chairs. The bed had its own flat screen tv. The curtains are operated by a remote control (nice touch). The bathroom was very large - a glass shower stall and separate tub - two sinks and a separate enclosed toilet area. Dimming lights in the bathroom are a great feature. Room was clean and very well kept. Overall very, very impressive.
The hotel itself is enormous - be prepared to walk long distances to get anywhere. The hotel is very well kept, clean and well decorated. The 'Tao beach' pool area is impressive. The shopping pavillion is enormous - filled with mid-high to high end retaliers and many restaurants. The ultra high ceiling and fake sky and waterways make you believe you are outside. The check-in was smooth and the check out was ridiculously fast. We ate at three of the restaurants- two high end -TAO and Zefferino, and one midrange - Enoteco. All were outstanding. A 2:00 am late night meal at the Noodle Asia in the casino was also excellent.
The casino was a good size and the poker room is very comfortable (tables are not on top of each other).
Overall this is great place to stay for couples.

• Liked — room and quality of restaurants
  • Disliked — no major complaints
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Bradenton, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2007

Stayed here for 5 nights on our honeymoon. Room was newly renovated and nice but did not have sunken living room. Also room near elevator and inconsiderate fellow guests at wee hours made room noisy at times. Had a good view of pool and Treasure Island hotel but also got noise at night from TAO Beach club.

The Venetian is an experience. We really enjoyed ourselves but plan to spend alot of money. Bottle of water at pool bar was $8 and breakfast for two $30 with Lunch $40-50 and dinner $50 plus. Portions are huge and we should have learned to order one meal and salad and split it so as not to waste so much food.

The Phantom show was awesome as was the gondola ride. We will certainly remember this trip.

• Stayed July 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Coquitlam, B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2007

My husband and I recently spent 4 nights at the Venetian Hotel in Las
Vegas. We have stayed at other properties in Las Vegas and this was by far the best! I loved the fact that all of the rooms are small suites. I will start off by saying that I did a lot of reading on trip advisory and other sites before picking this hotel. But as I really do enjoy staying in nicer hotels I thought it would be worth the extra to stay at the Venetian. They have great summer special rates for stays during the week. Weekend prices go up drastically. The bathroom is very nice and spacious. Double sink vanity. Separate
"throne" area. Large tub and separate shower. A separate vanity for applying makeup and the blow dryer is in the drawer of that vanity. For those of you women that like a nice powerful blow dryer, you will get it at the Venetian. Not one of those cheap ones that keep cutting out when it gets hot! The bedroom area is nice with an armoire and t.v. and a safe. A couple of steps down to your living area. Another t.v., coffee table, end table, sofa and two chairs. There is also a desk with a fax and you could plug in your laptop if you brought one. Then a round table with chairs. The room has a large
window and we were lucky and had a nice view of the pool. For those of you who like your morning coffee and don't want to have to leave the room to go down to the coffee shops. You can ask at check-in for a coffee maker to be brought up to the room. They said there will be an additional charge of $4, Well worth it. They brought us a tray with 4 cups, some takeout cups and enough coffee for 5 days! They even gave us some cream for the first day. It is virtually impossible
in Vegas to find half and half, so we went to the Coffee Bean shop in
the hotel and they sold me a large glass of half and half for about $2.50. Well worth it. The pool area is very nice and we never had a problem getting a lounge chair in the sun or in the shade. They even give you terry lounge covers to put on the lounger which is a nice touch. Drinks at the pool were pricey but we didn't mind as we were on vacation. It was $12. for a ceasar drink. My husband and I normally play the slots and we started off at the 25 cent slots but after our first attempt and losing $40 we thought we'd be cheap and hit the nickel slots! Well to our surprise the waitress was coming around non-stop! We gave her a buck tip each time and I don't think we bought a drink the entire time we were there! As I said we've been
to Vegas lots and we couldn't believe that we got all of our free drinks while playing the nickel slots and that applied to other hotels such as Wynn and other hotels along the strip. We have already
decided that on our next trip to Las Vegas we will be booking the Venetian again. We did find that the clientelle at the Venetian varied. There were younger people there but we did notice more people
aged 35 and older. All in all we loved the Venetian and look forward to staying there again.

Stayed July 2007

Been to Venetian Resort Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!