“Lack of customer respect and service!” 2 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   3355 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89109   |
Ranked #9 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Calgary, Alberta
“Lack of customer respect and service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

We've been to Vegas about 6 times now. We've stayed at the Mirage (my favourite) Luxor twice, the Hiton, and Planet Hollywood. This time going there, we decided to spoil ourselves and stay at the famous Ventian Hotel. I've been wanting to stay at the Venetian since I can remember. Check in was good however the pressure from the front desk to upgrade your room was crazy! We needed to use the business centre to check in for the next part of our trip and in order to do that, they said we needed to upgrade for $100 extra per night per person... seemed a bit extreme. The rooms were nice, not as spectacular as we expected and definetly not nice enough to be paying the price they charge! Upon entering our room, we opened the cabinet under the tv where the mini fridge is and inside was rotting food left over from the guests before us. We quickly called down and were told someone would come right up and clean it. We left 10 minutes later to explore the hotel. We came back 4 hours later to find that the rotting food had not been cleaned. I called down again and was told again that someone would come up and clean it. We left again 10 minutes later from dinner. We arrived back at our room after dinner to find that again it was not cleaned. We had even opened the cabinet door to show the cleaning people where the food was in case they didn't understand us! Gross! Finally after the 4th time, someone showed up! No apologies, no comps, no offer for us to even switch rooms! Terrible customer service! You would think at a hotel such as the Venetian they would have impeccible service! Oh and they forgot our bath robes. The beds were fairly old and worn out. No duvet blankets either... Seems a bit low class. They do not supply a coffee maker or bottled water either! Save your money and head to the MIrage! I guarantee you'll love it!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

12,780 people have reviewed this hotel

2014
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,847)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tucson AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

I paid over a gran for three days and this is my story. When checking in be prepared to wait a long time. When I got to my Lux room, the table top was broken (caused me to loose my (15.00 snack). The chair was soiled and nasty. I had to wait until the next day to have items fixed. When using the hotels iron it kept blowing the fuse. Pillow covers had holes in them. On my last day I checked for lost items that might have fallen under the bed. When I looked under the bed there was trash. I was sick to my stomach. Moreover, be prepared to pay 12.95 daily for internet service and no coffee pots. I had a complementary continental breakfast that took 30 mins to get too (but the coffee was good). If you call the front desk be prepared to wait 10-15 mins, Checking out? Give yourself another 30 min (After 12:00), bag service there is a wait too...another 30min after you held on the phone for 15 mins. I am not a newbee to Vegas and have never had such an experience EVER in other 3-5 star hotels. The Worst Ever

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

We stay there for 2 nights. There was a long line for check in. We wait about 30 mins for check in & 20 mins to get the room key. The front dest was unfriendly. At first, he gave us wrong key. We can't open the door. So my husband went down to get other key. When we open the door, the room was occupant by someone already. We call the housekeeping manager, she called front desk for us. Then the front desk said he gave us wrong room number!!! So me & the baby wait on the hallway for 1 hour to get in to our room!!! And they didn't said anything about it. When we back to LA, I find out they charge $100 more on our credit card. So we need to call and get the money back!!! I'll never stay in Venetian again!!! And I'll tell everyone don't stay in Venetian!!! It is the worst hotel I have ever stay in Las Vegas!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

I got four free nights at the Venetian and jumped on the offer....me and a college buddy flew from Atlanta to Vegas. The casino feels sort of cramped for a big hotel like this and I did find it strange that there are no coffee makers in the room. You also had to ask for bathrobes, but they were provided if you requested. But the complaints stop there. This is no doubt a 5 star hotel, great rooms, great food options, great service. The only bad thing I could find to say about this hotel is maybe the location since I mostly played at MGM casino. I would definitely pay to stay here again and would gladly recommend this to any of my friends or family.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

Celebrating my husband 50th Birthday wanted to make it special. I booked the vip special online. It was to include a upgraded room/ limo transfer and entrance into the azure with a bottle of moet chandon ,plus free slot money and entrance into the Lavo.When we arrived the limo was great and the driver even had a happy birthday sign. When at check in they gave us these vouchers for all of the others that I mention. We soon found out the azores was closed for the season. The front desk reception did not seem to care, I explained I had booked this packaged based on what was included and would be happy just with the bottle of champagne since we were celebrating a special birthday. I asked to speak with the hotel manager and he told the girl at the reception to offer us a 25.00 food and beverage credit . I told her that is not acceptable . She went back to the manager and then he offered a 50.00 credit . I asked her how much is a bottle of moet chandon champange she said 90.00 and also asked her how much is it to get into the azores she did not know. Finally after going back and forth to the manager who never spoke to us he finally agreed to send the bottle of moet to our room with a 25.00 food and beverage credit. All of this wasted time he should have just given us this from the beginning. I was mad that we had to go though all of this. But over all the hotel is beautiful and the rest of the staff was very friendly . I was very happy with the upgraded suite .

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Farmington Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

It was an awsome place. I would recommend this Resort to anyone traveling to Las Vegas for business or pleasure... IF your not on a small budget.

Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

Upon arriving at the Venetian, everything was fine for 4 of the 5 days that i stayed. But on the 5th night everyone in that hotel seemed to be as rude as possible and not care about their guests. Me and my fiance were in the elevators going up to our room. 2 teenage english boys were harrassing us from the elevator ride up all the way to our room non-stop. We were as polite as possible by telling them to leave us alone and that if they do not we will call security. Well, security didnt seem to care about our problems so we proceeded to go to our room. They followed us all the way down the hall and when i shut the door on them, an instant later it was kicked, shoved, and broken into. We had security on the phone once again to come up and get these kids out of the hotel, but sure enough, it took over 20 minutes for them to make their way even when we said it was an emergency. Once they go there, they did not offer one thing to us besides to have a good night. Well, we were not going to stay in a room that wouldnt lock , nor where these delinquents knew where we were staying. They took over 2 hrs to figure out a room to put us in, then they decided that a smokey filled cigarette room would be just fine. DISGUSTING!!! It was a terrible last night, as well as our night of engagement. Not once, and not ONCE did any employee apologize or offer any kind of assistance with our luggage. They also did not care to find these kids that broke our door down. They also made us fill out a ton of paperwork, which I understand, but we also had to explain it to every single person that we talked to. There was definitely a lack of security there, a lack of empathy from the employees, and a lack of action to resolve the broken down door. Bottom line is I would love to return because it was a nice room, but the people there are completly unaware of how they should act, and security is a joke. I have written letters to them asking if they followed up with any course of action, which they said they would on that night, but I have not heard back from them once...not once. Terrible staff, terrible security, and overall a waste of time on the night I got engaged.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Venetian Resort Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!