“Elegant and classy” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
“Elegant and classy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2004

My wife and I stayed at the Venetian this past weekend. The place is extremely beautiful. Nothing but first class every where you look. The room was spacious and wonderful (especially for a standard room). The bathroom was spectacular. The Grand Lux cafe was wonderful and not too expensive. The slots did'nt pay off too well but what else is new. The gondala ride was cool but not great. We ate at some express breakfast place near the Grand Lux since there was a long wait in line there, it was cheap and the food was very good. Overall I would highly recommend the Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,403)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
leicester, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2004

Me and my sister went to Vegas and stayed in Venetian after taking up on a email special offer. We stayed in the new venzia tower and soon as we checked in we were upgraded to a room with a view free of charge. From there on then everything was brilliant. I have stayed here 2 years ago in the old tower but have to say new tower is a lot better. The service, resterants, casino and everything about the venetian was unique. While we were out their we got a chance to go to the billboard awards, which were amazing.

The only thing bad about the hotel i can say is that its abit of a walk from the casino to the venzia tower, but hey i dont mind at all. Also they only have about 10 Roulette tables compared to other hotels.

Besides that, 100% Brilliant. Will be staying there again in the near future. Well done VENETIAN!!!!!!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2004

We stayed at the Venetian for 2 nights at the beginning of December and although our expections were high, we are glad to say that these were completely surpassed! From handing the car over to the valet to getting to our room took only 10 minutes and our luggage arrived 5 minutes later. We were also upgraded to a Strip View Room on floor 28 at no extra charge!. We were disappointed to find that the room was not of the 'split-level' type, however, it was enormous, luxurious and absolutely immaculate, with a great view of the bottom end of the Strip. It was a pity that this was spoilt by the construction work going on directly below the tower but we were warned that construction is constantly ongoing in Vegas so we couldnt complain! We didnt eat at any of the restaurants in the Venetian, although we did have breakfast room service on our last morning - T-Bone steaks, the works - it was delicious and only cost around $60, a bargain compared to some hotels, who charge $30 for a continental breakfast! We had some clothes laundered that we needed for our onward flight and this was picked up from our room within 10 minutes and returned in pristine condition only 7 hours later, despite the form stating that it would not be ready until the next day. Although we were initially not interested in the casinos we were suprised to find that after a few good wins on the slots we were both completely addicted! (at the Venetian and at the Aladdin - no other hotels' odds seemed as good). The atmosphere at the Venetian was amazing. very glamorous but also very laid-back. On check-out the porter collected our luggage almost immediately and we were back in our car 15 minutes later! We will no doubt visit Las Vegas again and will more than likely stay at the Venetian. It seemed more classy than any of the other hotels, with the exception of Caesars. We were treated like high-rollers from the very start, which we are most definitely not, unfortunately... Stay here and you will not be disappointed!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2004

We stayed at the Venetian in August of 2004. While the ammenities were good, they were very expensive; almost nothing was complimentary. There were lots of things for adults; but absolutely nothing for kids. Only two pools were open, and they were full of people with glass containers. We will not go back, despite the great cuisine and nice after shave.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2004

Stayed in the Venetian for only four nights but it ranks 2nd to one of the nicest places I have stayed.

We checked in on the 10th floor although there was no queue at the main check in desk they told us it would be quicker. I was in awe of the opulence of the place and Barry who checked us in couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful. I was sorry to read the review of the people who say they were robbed however we found security very high in the Venetian with security checking our entry cards before allowing us and others to enter the Venezzia towers. There was a safe inside the armour near the bedroom area.

The room itself was very clean and roomy. Nicely decorated with nice furnishings and very comfortable. Two televisions, one in the sitting area and one in the bed area. There were arm chairs and a sofa a table with carver chairs and a writing desk and chair too.The sitting area was very spacious and the view from the room overlooked the enclosed pool and patio area.

We found all the staff extremely helpful and pleasant and they couldn't do enuogh for us.

I loved the grand Luxe cafe the portions of food were enormous and very well presented and looked too good to eat, almost like a work of art. For something cheap and fast the food court was ok.

The venice theme is felt throughout the hotel yes some may view it as tacky but hey i don't mind this kind of tackiness anyday and certainly not as bad as some of the other hotels on the strip. But this is Vegas a city of psuedo make believe.

Overall the hotel is an excellent and comfortable place to stay you pay for what you get and in future the only place i will ever stay in Las Vegas.

• Stayed January 2005
Niwot, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2004

Had a nice Strip view from the 16th floor. However, when we wanted to take showers before our early morning departure, there was no hot water, and no time to wait for it to be fixed. The desk clerk and manager that I spoke to were not very sympathetic. I managed to argue my way to a $100 discount on the nearly $300 room charge, but for a supposedly high-class hotel no hot water is unacceptable.

Also, and I don't know if this is typcial of other hotels, but we were told on check-in that the minibar came equipped with a sensor that would charge us for ANYTHING that was picked up, even if it was not opened or used. They said it helped to reduce theft. I responded, "How nice for you." Needless to say, we stayed away from the minibar.

Obviously, the Venetian would not be my first choice for staying on the Strip in the future.

Sunnyvale, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2004

Just returned from a weekend in Vegas where we stayed at the Venetian from Dec 10 to 12. Just compared to other hotel and resorts on the strip, i would say that this hotel was only ok. I guess I had higher expectations for it since the room rates were more than other hotels that I thought were better. The room itself is very nice. I liked that it was a suite and the bathroom is very large. It had plenty of counter space for my wife and I. I would say that nothing substantially bad happenned to us, meaning, the hotel was clean, it was in a good location, and safe.

Here are the small inconveniences that we had to deal with that would be the reason's why we would probably not stay here again.

1. No check in at the airport (Not the Venetian's fault, but a convenience if staying in an MGM Mirage or Ceasars property)
2. One of the sinks in the bathroom was clogged.
3. The hair dryer in the bathroom was broken. (a replacement was brought promptly)
4. The sink made a gurping noise when the shower next door was used.
5. The heater made loud noises when starting up.
6. Long checkout lines.
7. The refreshments in the minibar are on sensors and you are charged when the item is picked up. We did not even open the cabinet to the minibar and 2 items appeared on our bill.
8. We stayed in a non-smoking room, but could smell cigarette smoke coming into our room. There were cigarette butts in the ash trays near the elevator on our floor.

As for the positives, I liked how security really checked if you had a room key prior to entering the elevator area. I've stayed in other Vegas hotels where I have walked by security without showing a room key. The security guards here were actually doing their job. I also liked how they kept all their elevators operating. Never had to wait long for an elevator and they weren't packed to the door with people.

As a whole, there are many upscale hotels on the strip. In my experiences, most have the same high level of service, but it is the little things that really distinguish a property. Unfortunately, too many negative little things. I believe you can get the same level of service for 60 to 70% of the price at another hotel resort on the strip.

Been to Venetian Resort Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!