“good hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
new delhi
“good hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

this property is huge i have stayed here more then 6 times the rooms are all suites and thay have just been renovated, i also stayed at the venezia tower which is hotel within a hotel, the location is good close to the shopping mall and the decoration and atmosphere is amazing, great eating places

• Liked — the huge rooms
  • Stayed July 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

12,784 people have reviewed this hotel

2015
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,848)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bombay India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

great location, opulent interiors, amazing pool scene
but not that good in service, v had asked for a non smoking room but had to wait in a queue to check in (!!) and then given a smoking room

the front desk staff refused to listen to my non smoking request until i demanded to see the manager after which i was given the correct room !

great restuarants on the property but not recommended for people who dont enjoy huge properties !

• Liked — opulence
  • Disliked — bad service, too big
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pasadena, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

My favorite hotel on the Strip had always been The Mirage, but The Venetian has taken that title. I have stayed there the last few times to Las Vegas. With all of the competition on The Strip, the Venetian represents a great value. I have stayed in a large lavish room of about 1000 square feet there for about $200/night. You cannot beat that. Then go downstairs and check out the Guggenheim. Gaming is pretty good there, too. (I play blackjack.) The mall and the restaurants present a lot of choices from high end dining to fast food. This is my number one choice in Vegas now.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

I stayed at the Venetian for a few nights attending a conference. I had a suite which turned out to be very luxurious and spacious. I'm not sure if it's the recession but the price was very reasonable for what I received, as compared to other stays in Las Vegas especially during a conference week.

As you enter the room a very large bathroom with separate shower and bath and tv is to the left. There is a separate toilet room from there. Proceeding down the hall is a king bed and past that a sunken area, separated by a iron railing that contains a large couch and living room area. The room is quite large and very luxurious with great high end finishings. It's hard to fault any of the aspects of the room. I can only say that for entertaining in your room, theHOTEL at Mandalay Bay is better set up in that you walk in to the living room with a separate bedroom but possibly one of the other suites at the Venetian also has this kind of setup if required. I really can't say anything negative about the room especially at the price. The three flat screens in the suite were maybe overkill but I loved the decadence of it.

The staff was first rate. I needed toothpaste and within minutes someone was at my door with a whole kit of toothbrush, toothpaste and mouthwash.

For a quick lunch I tried the Noodle House in the casino and was surprised to get somewhat authentic food at a good price. The only other restaurant I tried was the Lux Cafe for breakfast. it was fairly standard.

Having tried quite a few hotels in Vegas and enjoyed many of them, I have to say that the Venetian ranks up there with the best hotel room you'll probably ever stay in.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

After looking at about 20 different budget hotels in Los Vegas I finally just went crazy and booked a good one. The Venetian Resort is pretty amazing. The hotel has an outside indoor feel and cannels running though it with gondal rides. Our room was amazing as I booked though expedia and got a luxuary room. Although if you really want to be in the heart of the strip I did feel this was a little far away from the action. A good point to note is that the strip really isn´t that long so you could book just off the strip for a cheeper price and get the best of both worlds. You check out all the hotels anyway and when you do decide you want to go to sleep its your choice and its not so noisy.
Anyway if you are going for romance, this hotel was pretty cool.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2009

My husband and I and our daughter just got back from Vegas. We spent four nights at The Venetian. We paid an extra $36 per night for a strip view suite. I feel compelled to warn would-be travelers of what they will be getting if they book this type of suite. The "view" is of a small section of Las Vegas Boulevard where you can see cars traveling in both directions. You also get a "view" of two giant cranes and a building under construction. There is little evidence of any construction work being done, so my guess is that this unfinished building (luxury condos from our understanding) may be there, along with the cranes, for a long time.
When we checked out, my husband pointed out that we had "upgraded" to a strip "view" suite, but that we didn't feel we got what we paid for and asked them to remove the $36 per night extra charge. They refused on the basis that the suite was considered a view suite. You do get a view of the main pool and and some other amenities -- just not the strip. So, if you are looking for a true view of the strip, The Venetian is more than likely not the place to stay.
BTW, there were no bath robes in the suite when we arrived -- we had to ask for them. The toilet is separate from the rest of the bathroom and is so small it would be difficult to swing a cat in, not to mention there is no fan and, yes, I realize that this is very petty, but the toilet tissue is one-ply ....
Nice restaurants. Had a wonderful dinner at The Bouchon - French as the name implies. It's the type of restaurant where you get dressed up. Food and service were impeccable.
A real gem was the grill at the Canyon Ranch Spa. We ate breakfast there twice and lunch once. Very, very well done.
Would we stay at The Venetian again? Not sure, but I think the answer is no. Overall, it was a bit cold and austere for our particular tastes. If you do go, be prepared to do a lot of walking as it is huge and everything is very spread out.

• Stayed April 2009
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2009

I recently returned from a last minute vacation to LV with my mother. She wanted a break and loves the slot machines and I wanted to be somewhere warm, so LV it was! We booked a flight/hotel package through Expedia and chose The Venetian. It was our first time to stay there. We tend to stay at Caesar's, Paris, NYNY, and Monte Carlo. The hotel is still centrally located to the larger casinos on the strip and we often used the bus to go downtown or to side streets to Rio or Hard Rock.

Our room was quite nice. We had two double beds, a large bathroom with separate bath and tub and separate water closet. Then there were a couple steps down into a large area with desk (fax and internet connections), corner couch, table, and flatscreen tv. There was also a tv across the beds and in the bathroom. All of the linens were soft and luxurious, though the couch was not comfy. The blinds and drapes were operated by a remote (which for us was entertaining in itself!)

I spent most of my time at the pool. The weekend was over-crowded at the 4th floor pool and I was able to get a chair b/c I only needed one. The second pool on the 4th floor was closed the entire time and I did not go to the Tao Beach. The pool on the 10th floor in the Venezie tower was nice, but had fewer chairs and was about half shade. You can also go to the Palazzo pool, but I did not want to walk through the casino in my beachwear to get to it.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay at the Venetian. However, LV is becoming quite expensive no matter where you go. Food is sky high and all the restaurants are uber chic- but yet most people still dressed casual in shorts or capris. We were hardly in the room, so next time we will most likely stay somewhere a bit cheaper and rent a car to take us around. I would stay again- if we get a good deal again!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Venetian Resort Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!