“Not as good as it was!” 3 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   3355 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89109   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #10 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
“Not as good as it was!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We choose the Venetian for its location - near madam tussauds, gondola rides, shopping, and Secret garden at Mirage.

The hotel stay was mildly disappointing. Here's why -

The Breakfast - was inconsistent, coffee was good, but clearly, they need to work on their standard operating procedures. Day 1 & 3 the servers laid a table for us in our room very nicely but Day 2, the server just left the food and left. And no one picked it up that day.

We had no Wi-fi access in our room. Wasted 2 hours - first ourselves, and then calling the front desk who clearly thought this was user-error. They sent an IT guy who took an hour, and then said that there is no wifi access in this room. I asked if they would upgrade us to a better room but the IT guy said he couldn't do that. Venetian did refund us the resort fees. My daughter was clearly disappointed without wifi.

Most importantly, the bed was uncomfortable. It gave me a Back ache that lasted a couple of days. No fun. And not expected from Venetian.

Housekeeping is loud, and will wake you up. They will come into your room unless you put the "do not disturb sign." They knock but don't wait for 5 seconds for you to even react. They will come into your room if you don't use the "don't not disturb" sign. You are warned!

The in-room safe wasn't working, and we called someone from security to set it up for us. Seems like the previous occupants might have messed that up. Not a big deal.

We also ate at a few restaurants in the facility, and did the gondola ride. This went well.

Location is good but clearly, it wasn't an ideal stay. The mattresses need to be changed, and they need to ensure there is wifi access if they charge for it.

Can't really recommend it, can I ?

Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,413)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I have stayed at many hotel properties in Las Vegas, but NONE compare to my stay at The Venetian! There were fabulous restaurants or you had your choice of fast food, The suite was the most glamorous place. From the time you open the door you see luxury. The luxurious bedroom and then you step down to the living room, or sitting room or even as a dinging room. The bathroom was awesome! From the glass enclosed shower, the vanity table area, the television mounted on the wall to even the actual toilet in a separate area of the bathroom with its own door & telephone. I will definitely be returning!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Overall we had a good stay at the Venetian. We were there for 4 days and 5 nights. Below is what we liked:

The room is gorgeous.
2 TVs :)
I really liked the split level room. It's spacious.
Great bathroom with a large tub and walk in shower
Best shopping area on the strip at the Grand Canals

Below is what we didn't like:

Too noisy, our room was located right next to the Canyon Ranch Spa club on the 4th floor. It was too noisy as folks would talk loudly right next to the entrance of the Spa at all times right from 11pm to 4 am. Also the suite doors are heavy and make a loud thud! when guests close their doors. This would wake me up at odd times.

No view. We had a sad view facing a parking lot.

Overall I would recommend this hotel. Not sure if it is worth the price though.

Room Tip: Ask to get a room on any floor apart from the 4th floor.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife and I spend a weekend, for the first time in las Vegas. It was an outstanding experience made by the service attitude and welcome of the personnel, and the magnificent hotel. I truly recommend it.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Is located at the hearth of the Strip, so everything is close and you can easily move through. It's amazing since you enter to the lobby and also rooms are big and beautiful. Service is great and crew is always will to assist on anything you may need. Casino is carefully maintained, you can spend a lot of time in there and is always very pleasant. I enjoyed so much my trip to Las Vegas by staying in The Venetian. There is no chance to go to another hotel in my next trip to Las Vegas, The Venetian is great.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Thousand Oaks, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have stayed here more times than any other casino in Las Vegas. It is always clean, inviting, fun! Has such a wonderful feel when you are walking through looking forward to enjoyment and having fun. Safe, clean. I am always happy here. The beautiful artwork is just fantastic. Everywhere you look there is beauty. I can never say enough about the art here. The staff are so nice and helpful. The restaurants are wonderful. You will enjoy any one of them. The food is just great! Being a Gold member there is the gold Lounge which is a favorite place of mine to stop in for a short quiet break. Rooms are clean with just lovely decor. Environmentally friendly. Honestly for me this is just the best place to stay. I will always be back for more enjoyment.

Room Tip: Just let the staff know what you want and you will be given your desires
Green Features: This is the other thing I like about this Casino. It is environmentally friendly. I say a Green experience in more ways than one! Enjoy yourself
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Saratoga, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I've stayed at a number of LV properties and we were very pleased with our recent stay at the Venetian. All rooms are suites and very well appointed and maintained. While there is a step down to the sitting area, the step is lit at night to prevent tripping. Room was well kept during our visit. Restaurants in the hotel are outstanding and for that quick morning meal they do have a food court. The table games and slots are in tune with the rest of the strip but not over priced. $10 tables are available although with some rules changes - still better than some strip hotels. They've done a great job of maintaining the look at feel of Venice (as much as possible in the middle of the Nevada desert) - making the hotel a fun place to visit. The link with the Palazzo gives added depth to your choices of gaming and restaurants.

Room Tip: I think having a suite on the strip side of the hotel is good but not really necessary. Views of th...
Green Features: They have environmental practices similar to other high end Vegas hotels.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Venetian Resort Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!