“Great rooms, needs a refurb in other areas.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Great rooms, needs a refurb in other areas.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Impressive reception area and rooms are exceptional. Every room is equipped to the highest standard - we didn't manage to watch all 3 TV's! The shopping mall is great - high value and everyday stores for everyone. The casino area was tired and in need of a renovation in order to compete with the likes of The Wynn (our favourite) and the Bellagio. The pool area is crowded and noisy but staff are helpful and welcoming. It was more than fit for purpose, but we felt that there were better hotels nearby for a similar price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Phlang14,

Thank you so much for making The Venetian your recent resort of choice in Las Vegas! There are so many hotel options to choose from on the famed Las Vegas Strip, so it is always with great delight and sheer joy to hear from our guests.

I also truly appreciate your comments regarding our casino. We are always open to suggestions as we endeavor to provide experiences that are truly superior.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,696)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is massive! At times it may feel like a maze. Because the hotel is so large you will find everything you need. The rooms are very large and comfortable. I had dinner at sushi samba and cut, both restaurants were great. The sports book was large and clean, TVs were always available. I liked the smaller pool at the Venetian because it was quiet and close to my room. It wasn't easy to find a lounge chair at any of the pools. Bottom line the Venetian was beautiful, clean and had everything I needed in Vegas.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Estee B,

There is a wide array of hotels and resorts on the Las Vegas Strip, and I am so thankful that you chose to experience what The Venetian has to offer. We are indeed quite large as we strive to provide an exclusive experience to our guests with endless possibilities - unique attractions, delectable restaurants, divine shopping and multiple pools throughout all three towers. I am glad that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. Thank you for your insight, and I look forward to your return visit.

Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

The Venetian is by far the best hotel I have ever had the pleasure to stay in. Perfect location, beautifully appointed rooms and 36 restaurants to choose from. From the front desk to the room service they go above and beyond to accommodate you. Located right on the strip everything is within walking distance. Take it from me. A stay at the Venetian is an experience you will never forget.

Room Tip: I had a view of the mountains from my room. On my next trip I want a view of the strip. But the hote...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Bobby W,

Thank you so much for deeming The Venetian as a "Top Flight Hotel"'! That is a wonderful compliment, and I thank you for your high recommendation and adoration for our property. I am delighted that you had a wonderful time and were able to feel right at home. I hope to welcome you back again soon as it would be an honor to host you again.

Kiriat Motzkin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This review is only for the hotel room, and not the excellent attractions like the casino, pool, gondolas, shops. etc.
Everything was great, as expected. A few things may be improved:
Room service in the morning was inconsistent. For three days, the breakfast took about an hour to arrive. In the last two days, it arrived in about ten minutes. The average may be accepted, but this is not satisfactory.
The room is very elegant but I found that the night tables are very tiny, disproportional to the other large furniture. In addition, the bed lamps for both sides are controlled from only the right side of the bed, which makes it very inconvenient to switch the lights from the left side.
One more drawback: the minibar cannot be used as a guest refrigerator. Every opening risks you to be charged for the items inside, since they all are connected to some sensors, which signals removal of items when they are slightly moved.
Last – the AC sockets. I would expect many more in comfortable places, to charge the phones, computers, etc.
Except from this, the room is great and enormous in size; we had two large TVs, a very comfortable bed, a huge bathroom, easy storage access and very good toiletries products. The shades and curtains are remote controlled!!! The suite has also an office table with a combined printer-fax-scanner-copier. Just plug the USB cord into your laptop and start working! The WIFI is free and excellent. But who comes to work in Vegas ?!
The valet service is quick and very efficient.
The hotel is great. One of the nicest hotels in Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Our room view was partially obstructed by the other tower. Ask for a north facing room or a room wi...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Jacob416,

Thank you so much for making The Venetian your recent resort of choice in Las Vegas. I am delighted that you found our attractions excellent, and that overall - your experience was great.

I also truly appreciate your comments regarding the areas in which you found room for improvement such as our in-suite dining service, furnishings as well as in-suite amenities. Your suggestions give us the opportunity to revisit our standards and to ensure that we are providing the very best for our guests. Thank you again for your kind feedback, and I look forward to exceeding your expectations again in the very near future.

Shawnee, KS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

At check-in, we had hoped for a bit more enthusiasm about our Quad 50th Birthday Celebration, however, we were assigned two suites on the 21st floor in the Venetian (only one elevator required) with a slight partial strip view and the process was relatively quick (guess we had hoped for an upgrade, but were only offered the option to pay more for one and declined). Should note that we could hear the volcano drums every 30 minutes till midnight from the Mirage, if/when we were in the room in the evenings, but we were usually still out and it wasn't really that long or annoying. By the way, I better mention I had arranged this whole trip, so was horribly embarrassed when our friends could not even get into their room upon arrival, because both their room keys did not work. Luckily, housekeeping was nearby and let them in saying, "Yes! Your keys no work!" (I think we noticed that...grrrrrr.) Overall, our rooms were clean and beds comfortable...as noted in other reviews, some updating is in order (couch especially). We did call and request a couple more pillows (they asked feather or foam and we took the latter) and they arrived in less than 5 minutes! It sure was a luxury to open our curtains with a remote from the bed each morning. I personally took advantage of the large tub with a tv in the bathroom for a relaxing soak every evening after a day spent exploring the tremendous hotel, gambling and traveling the strip. During our 5 night stay, we especially enjoyed the Grand Lux Cafe at the Venetian & Palazzo (several breakfasts and a couple dinners), Grimaldi's Pizza/Salads/Desserts at the Palazzo, the Canonita for Mexican along the canal (even watched a couple get married in their gondala) and even the food court had affordable/tasty food (loved the lemonade/chicken strips at Nathan's). Enjoyed the slots at both the Venetian & Palazzo, however, for table games traveled to more affordable casinos along the strip (the hotel is centrally located and we walked easily unless traveling to the far end of the strip which was made easier by a monorail trip from nearby Harrah's). As mentioned by others, the fridge is triggered to charge you even if you just pick it up to look at an item and we didn't even open it and had a charge (which they took off the bill at check-out). Having read Trip Advisor prior to our vacation, we knew to take advantage of the Walgreen's at the corner of the Venetian and bought a cooler and all our drinks/water/snacks. Sad to say, our luck ran out mid-week, when we arrived late after going to the fantastic Donny and Marie show (Flamingo) and doing some late night gambling only to find WE COULD NOT GET INTO OUR ROOM. No way were we making the trip all the way down to the front desk, so saw a hallway hotel phone and called security and when he got there, he could not even get his key card to work. Then, we waited close to 30 minutes longer for maintenance to arrive and verify he would have to replace the entire locking system.....what an ordeal! The security guard was very friendly and waited with us. He said the Venetian needs to update their entire system (apparently the Palazzo has a newer more effecient system). The front desk staff did waive our daily $25 resort fee due to our inconvenience. Oh, forgot to say about the hotel earlier, the pool water was very refreshing (average outside temp was 104) and we truly loved the fresh/cold orange slices the young gentleman brought by our lounge chairs in the heat of the afternoon. TAO club's pounding dance music gets a tad monotonous, but we did find it amusing watching groups of guys happily scampering to enter the secured gates and check-out who might be there topless...only to come back out shortly because it was not as "happening" as they had hoped. Remember to go find the courtyard pool in the Venezia Tower as it is relaxing in the late evening, when you do not miss the sun. Our friends that traveled with us said this was the nicest hotel they had ever stayed in and we had the very basic suites. They checked out the other hotels along the strip and mentioned several times that they were pleased I had chosen the Venetian for our couples' trip.

Room Tip: Our higher floor seemed relatively quiet after the Mirage volcano stopped at Midnight. You could he...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Kim O,

First and foremost, happy 50th birthday to you, your spouse and friends! I am elated that you chose The Venetian as your resort to celebrate this spectacular occasion. I do apologize if we did not do more to enhance your celebration.

I thank you for your candidness. We are always open to suggestions, so that we may better our services and offerings, and you have provided such insightful feedback. Thank you so much again for your kind and candid review, and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian when your travels bring you back to our city.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We were lucky enough to get a lovely room,it was enormous & clean, the view was not bad, the hotel itself was fabulous.
Make sure not to touch the attractive packages with Candies,left on the table top, unless you are going to use them as even a touch triggers the computer & it will be added to the bill.
The hotel is situated in a nice place in the strip & convenient for sightseeing etc, the mall next door has all the fabulous designer labels,& its like going to Venice in Italy, as it has a miniature canal with Gondolas. The flowers inside though artificial were beautiful, lovely place to take photos, with the lovely waterfalls.
The breakfast was really great.
Well worth the visit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear DilrukshiH,

What a pleasure it was hosting you! Thank you for allowing The Venetian to share in your Las Vegas experience. I am delighted that you loved our suites, and that you had more than enough room in our spacious suites to truly revel in comfort. Thank you again for your wonderful feedback, and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian in the future.

Darby, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

When my husband and I walked in the room, we were blown away. We stay on the 31st Floor and had a wonderful view of the mountains, something we don't see at home. Anyway, everything it had to offer was more than I expected. Wonderful experience!

• Stayed August 2014
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear JLiggons,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you and your spouse for your anniversary celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone, and I am pleased that The Venetian enhanced and contributed to your celebration. I am grateful for your positive review on TripAdvisor, and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you during future special occasions. I wish you and your spouse many more years of wedded bliss!

VP of Hotel Operations

Been to Venetian Resort Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!