“One night in Vegas” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Brooklyn, NY
“One night in Vegas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I loved the Venetian! It's everything you want in Vegas: Super clean, spacious, comfortable, and campishly luxurious. The staff are very friendly and cater to customer needs. I like that the hotel registration and suite tower were somewhat set apart from the main casino area so you don't ever have to drag your luggage through the smokey crowded casino floor. I got this hotel at a last minute deal rate, so was very pleased overall.

Pros: Free wifi, free valet parking for hotel guests, great all-suite rooms, attentive staff, great location on the strip

Cons: For a 5-star luxury hotel I expected more of the little extras like bathrobes, slippers, extra blankets, coffee machine etc.

Room Tip: If you can't tolerate smoke, make sure to specify a non-smoking floor. While our room was non-s...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Mizorka,

What a pleasure it was hosting you! Thank you for allowing The Venetian to share in your Las Vegas experience. I am delighted that you loved our suites, attentive service and separation of the tower from the main casino. For the future, please do let us know if you would like to take advantage of our plush robes and slippers as well as extra blankets. We would be happy to deliver them to you for your use while you are at The Venetian. Thank you again for your wonderful feedback, and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian in the future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,262)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kuta, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We are very disappointed with the Venetian hotel, it's supposed to be a five star hotel with a five star service but it’s far from it. My girlfriend and I were on the Venetian's pool and we got a purse taken from under our seats while we were resting on them, we had everything but my Passport in it. We immediately reported to the hotel security and they started an investigation that for some reason takes 48+ hours to review 1 camera for a 30 min window of time on which we got our things stolen.
We were left with no money or ID (we had literally 0 dollars) and they even denied us a ride to the police station to file the report because we couldn’t afford it!!! (even though we had everything stolen from THEIR PREMISES), they took 0 responsibility for the incident even though we were on a place that you're only allowed to access after 2 checkpoints showing that you're a guest, (which is weird because there is a club on the pool premises that it's supposedly "FREE IF YOU'RE A GUEST", so it’s interesting that they state that it’s a guests only area). Today we tested this "security" and when we tried to go through the checkpoints without showing the room key we had no problem at all. They have 0 interest on their security system or the security of their guests.
We travel a lot and we had never seen this kind of complete nonattachment to a guest problem and such lack of accountability from a "5 star resort". We chose this hotel because we were supposedly coming to a safe place where you could rest and have a good time. I would never recommend this hotel.

Dear Juan M,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. The safety and security of our guests and their belongings are our top priorities, and I am baffled at what occurred. I do not have the full details of your incident, so I urge you to contact my team, so that I am able to research and validate your very serious claim. Matters like this are not taken lightly and must be investigated.

I look forward to hearing from you.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I loved this property. Right from the moment you walk into the check-in area, to the spacious rooms, beautiful restaurants and cafes, the canal, the gondolas, and the amazing stores... it is a place to relax in and savor and enjoy... We stayed there for 6 days... and used the convention center as well... Truly, I cannot think of a single negative thing to say about this place. Thank You for a great time!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Amit_Sengupta,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed your Venetian vacation. Splendid experiences should begin from the moment you arrive, so I am delighted that this was your experience. Thank you again for your review, and I look forward to hosting you here at The Venetian many times in the future.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

This was great. I highly recommend this to anyone. It is big, has a lot of restaurant and everyone is friendly. As stated before, this is really nice. You should use this hotel for your stay! Their rooms are also really nice. 10/10 review. There is also a lot of brand names. For example, Buddy's from master chef etc.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Erkus_100,

Thank you for your positively delightful review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you had a fantastic time with us. Your recommendation of The Venetian is a wonderful compliment, and I very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We wished we had stayed longer than our single night (as a stop-over, en route to Death Valley). The Venetian is impressive and tasteful, with excellent suites at what is really very reasonable rates. It was very clean, the staff were all professional and helpful. There is an amazing outdoor pool area on the 4th floor which is an absolute must!
The only negative experience we had was with the valet parking on leaving. We seemed to be forgotten and, in spite of raising this with the valet staff on a number of occasions, had to wait for a length of time to get our car back.
Nevertheless, we would definitely return to the Venetian and would wholeheartedly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Catdaz45,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am pleased that you enjoyed your one night stay and wished you could have stayed longer. I agree, please return, so that we may be able to introduce you to the many sights of Venetian that you may have missed.

I am disappointed, however, to learn about the issues that you had with valet. Please know that this will be addressed. I am pleased that this mishap did not dampen your spirit or take away from the other aspects of your stay that exceeded your expectations. I hope to have the privilege of serving you on many more visits to The Venetian in the near future.

Queen Creek, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The Venetian is one of our favorite hotels with some of the best suites in Las Vegas. We enjoyed the three nights. While the suites are now showing some wear it's still a nice place. We had some issues with the telephone and the Internet connection for two of the days.. We did ask the front desk for a refund of the resort fee but the desk clerk refused (she was somewhat rude by saying " should I waive all the other guests fees too?"...actually YES. I feel the resort fee is a bogus revenue generator....POSTSCRIPT...After filing this review I was contacted by The Office Hotel Operations to respond to my concerns. They were very professional and genuinely seemed to care. I think that shows their commitment to serving their guests.

Dear azjohnny,

Thank you so much for choosing The Venetian and for deeming us your favorite hotel in Las Vegas. I am elated that you enjoyed your stay and that although you encountered a few difficulties, my team was able to reach out to you to make amends. I am relieved that you have remained a loyal member of The Venetian family, and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I am not into gambling, but needed to go to Vegas for business.
I arrived and saw the long lines in the check-in area, and expected an irritating stay.
Not at all ..
My room was actually a suite with a bedroom area, and a living one. I had a fax machine in, plus a spacious bathroom.
Before my business dinner, I headed to the fitness area, which is part of the Canyon Ranch spa: What a treat! I worked out, and enjoyed a much needed massage. Then - has a law cal meal, at the Canyon Ranch's bar.
That helped me to get to my dinner refreshed and positive.
So yes - there are thousands of rooms ..It is not personal, but I enjoyed the stay more than I expected.

Room Tip: I was staying at a high floor, and the view in the night is something!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear miriam j,

Thank you for your feedback. Exceeding each and every guest’s expectations is our specialty here at The Venetian, so I do apologize if we did not extend more personable service. I will be sure to address this with my team, so that we are able to revisit our standards. I am pleased to read that overall you had a wonderful stay. I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations in the near future.