“Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Sedona AZ
“Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

The hotel room was comfortable, as was the bed. I must say the lighting in the bathroom is not adequate for doing one 's make up on the 24th. Floor. Also the pool was closed when we stayed and nothing was mentioned at booking or check-in. We did however like the location and the Aquanox restaurant on the property.
Too bad the shops in the canal are a those that you see anywhere USA. but I guess that's what sells there's days. Resort fee was charged even though the pool and lay out area was closed.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian. Although it seems that you enjoyed your stay overall, I am disappointed to hear about the pool closure as well as the inadequate lighting in your suite. I do hope that this did not dampen the aspects of your stay that exceeded your expectations. Thank you again for your review, and I hope to welcome you back to The Venetian in the future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,423)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Godalming, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Our house is not small - but we worked out that the floor area of our suite at the Venetian was probably larger! Excellent service throughout (though on arrival we found somebody's food remnants in a drawer) in a setting and with décor way, way, over the top - in the best possible way.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Chippenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

This hotel is one of my favourites in Vegas!! Great stay, stayed here for three nights, the room was excellent, very large and spacious, and cleaned daily. Could not fault it. The Venetian is full of great shops, restaurants and two gondola rides (One outside and one inside). All staff were very helpful and friendly. Have already recommended this hotel to friends visiting Vegas next month!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positively delightful review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you had a fantastic time with us. Your recommendation of The Venetian is a wonderful compliment, and I very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We loved the Venetian. Although we only stayed one night, from the moment we stepped into the place our experience was wonderful.

Our room was lavish and very comfortable, and the wif-fi fast and accessible. We did not gamble or eat on the premises, however, ordered room service breakfast. This was superb and worth recommending. The food was excellent and the waiter the same. We would definitely stay in the Venetian again if we came to Vegas.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of The Venetian. I am so glad that you had a wonderful time with us. Our suites are without a doubt extraordinary, and I am pleased that you were able to enjoy everything that it had to offer.

Thank you so much again for taking the time to share your experience with us, and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian again soon.

Batavia, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Leading up to my stay at the Venetian (which was made convenient by attending a trade show at the Sands Expo Center), I anticipated a cheesy experience--complete with fake gondolas navigating fake canals. As Vince Vaughn said in "Swingers": "You don't need that pirates of the Caribbean [stuff]."

However, I found myself pleasantly surprised. My standard room was a pseudo-suite, with a bed somewhat separated from a living room (big couch, TV, dining table). Lots of space. You could probably entertain 6-8 people in there. I entertained zero. The bathroom was also large and pretty nice. Furnishings were maybe a little outdated but certainly not worn.

All the restaurants on property that I tried were very good--perhaps a little overpriced, but that's what you find at every hotel on the strip. I was pleased with all my meals.

The fitness center is part of the Canyon Ranch Spa, which I've heard is a very luxurious chain of spas. I can't compare this one to other Canyon Ranches, but this gym was very nice, and very big. It matches any gym at any 5-star resort I've been to.

The location is right in the heart of everything. You've got high end shopping without leaving the resort and a short walk to other monstrous properties at which you can also gamble away your rent money. And, obviously, if you're working at the Sands, you can't get any more conveniently located.

I didn't need much in the way of service from staff but all my interactions were pleasant. Overall I recommend it. Considering all factors, it's a good value at anything under $300/night.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure hosting you during your recent convention visit to Las Vegas. Thank you for choosing The Venetian as your resort of choice. The variety of shoppes, restaurants and activities on property are truly endless here, and I am happy that you were able to experience it. I look forward to your return visit to The Venetian.

Georgetown, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in FEB and The Venetian did not disappoint. It is a sight to behold all the detail of marble and artwork. The room was excellent, large and luxurious, it never felt like we were in a hotel. Service was very good from anyone we dealt with, our drapes (remote control!!) didnt work but they were fixed within half an hour.
Walking around the canal and ST.Marks square is an activity in itself, very well done. We did do the gondola ride and it was fine, try to go in the morning when its quiet to get one by yourself.
It is a large hotel so prepare to do some walking to fully appreciate the hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are large suites, just the views are different
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

What a beautiful review of The Venetian! The wonderful suites and open skies of St. Mark's Square makes for a very unique experience right here in the heart of the desert, and I am delighted that you were able to enjoy so many aspects of your stay.

Thank you again, and I welcome you to return soon!

Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I specifically book at the hotel saying I was traveling with two small children they never told me the pool was under repair I had a long walk from the Venetian tower to the adjacent pools only to find those pools don't get any direct sunlight two after 2 PM there's no service there such as poolside drinks or
snacks would you reallycall this a five-star resort???

• Stayed February 2014
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

I truly appreciate the feedback you have provided. I am disheartened that there were a few areas in which we failed to meet your expectations. We wholeheartedly aim to provide our guests with an experience of a lifetime, and it is never our intention to have our guests leaving with a poor impression of us.

Please accept my apologies for the disturbances that you encountered during your visit. I most certainly agree that this was not reflective of a five star experience. As you may know, TripAdvisor does not link your reservations, so I do invite you to please be in touch my Guest Relations team, who will be contacting you directly. I would like an opportunity to address your concerns.

VP of Hotel Operations

Been to Venetian Resort Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!