“an experience in vegas you won't forget” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Panama City, Florida
“an experience in vegas you won't forget”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

of all the exciting places to stay in las vegas I must say our stay at the venetian/palazzo is always the best. we have stayed at other vegas resorts but this particular property is consistently an outstanding and sure "bet". the rooms are well proportioned and always maintained. the beds and pillows in your suite are more than comfortable. the staff will make you feel as though you are their special guest and go above and beyond what you normally experience in a las vegas resort. there are plenty of high end shops and restaurants to choose from as well as food courts to satisfy your fast food needs. you will appreciate the security at this property both inside and outside the hotel/casino. overall this is an exceptional resort and has always been a good experience for us.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a good view. you never know sometimes, depending on availability, there is no ch...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

With all your travels to Las Vegas, I am overjoyed to know that you have deemed The Venetian as the best resort in our find city. What a high compliment! I thank you.

We strive to provide a charming home away from home for our guests, and I am so glad that you were able to experience this level of luxury and service. I look forward to your return visits to The Venetian.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,838)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Las Vegas is an experience in itself and the Venitian is simply and extension thereof. The rooms are very nice; the bed was wonderfully comfortable. The Linen white and crisp. The decor is lovelyd but the rooms are dark. The 3 TVs was excessive for someone not into watching at all. I found the service very good, getting a response within 2 hours on an Internet enquiry. Taking the time difference int account, that was impressive!

Room Tip: If spending time in room ensure you have a view. Lower floors are noisy
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so happy that you found your experience at The Venetian to be a simply wonderful one, and that you were able to enjoy our winter festival, Winter in Venice. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Las Vegas.

Oviedo, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Tonight is my last night out of six. My review is based on not one experience but a week's worth. The number of "incidences" that led up to the only one star I have given are way to many to share here. The main issue which relates to most of the incidences had to do with the fact I could not get into my room the first four nights. My key did not work and supposedly it was to be fixed repeatedly. It finally was on fourth night and engineer gave me new keys that we tested. The front desk failed to tell me though that they rekeyed my room and therefore a fifth time I came to room and couldn't get in. I went to the front desk and a young man walked me to the room to ensure I got in my room. I asked that he send up a bucket of ice. You would think it would be immediate given the nightmare of the week with this hotel. He had also given me his name in case I had any issues that evening. Well when after 30 mins. the ice didn't arrive and my blinds wouldn't opened I tried calling this front desk clerk through the operator. No one knew him and after four people picked up the phone and put me on hold I somehow got the front office manager. I explained what had happened that week. She says well this is the first I have heard of this as if it was my fault. I told her that I asked earlier that evening the first time I couldn't get into the room to talk with a manager and the response of the clerk Erin was to the effect the issue (getting lock finally fixed) was being fixed and why did I need a manager. I had shared with her part of my issues that week and she had zero concern except to get an engineer to the room and move on. No apologies.

Back to fourth evening and no ice and blinds. I told the manager you can send ice and an engineer but it better be in 10 mins. because I was not going to spend anymore than the 90 mins. I had already spent dealing with them. And she was like sure sure. Well 30 mins. later engineer shows up and 45 mins. later the ice.

Day five I tell my events staff my experience with the hotel as am here for work and this had been a horrible situation to deal with in the evenings when I need to prepare for presentations. Well then finally some manager leaves a message and sends up chocolate covered fruit with water? Don't splurge on a glass of wine but that is fine. Nice gesture finally. Day five and six there were also mishaps with wake-up call.

On my final evening I ordered chips with salsa and guacamole. I had them last night and they were fabulous....which was good as fish and baked potato (at $9 was disgusting) were a bust. Tonight after 45 mins. the order arrives with no guacamole. Are you kidding? No one calls to tell me and offer another solution....or adjust the price. With all the added fees am I really going to pay $25 for chips and salsa?

This place is a joke. This isn't even the whole story. I have many others but will share one more as it was really bad. One other incidence worth noting is while having lunch at the Sands expo during our event a green caterpillar crawls out of my friends salad. I won't even bother sharing the unbelievable responses from the waiter. After a couple of tries I finally got a waiter to remove the salad from the buffet.

I had thought when I first walked in and saw my room (all suites here) that this hotel would get a 5....but turned into a hotel experience I will never forget for all the wrong reasons. I can't wait to check out and get out of here. It wasn't one or two incidences but constant incidences...there is some real systemic problems here. A shame as if they could get their act together it could be great.

Room Tip: Don't book it.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing The Venetian to be your host during your current visit to Las Vegas. Your feedback is much appreciated and is very valuable to us. I am very disappointed to hear that your visit has not been a complete success. I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian and our team for your experience so far during your stay.

Since you are currently still here, I have directed a member of our management team to reach out to you regarding your concerns. Again, I apologize about the challenges you have experienced so far, and I want to assure you that we are going to do what it takes to resolve the challenges you have brought our attention.

Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I had a very good time with all the convenience, luxury, comfortable while away from home.
The service is very fast, I requested some more blanket & towel at the front desk. When I came up to the room I found out the things already delivered. Wow!

Room Tip: Beautiful, luxury, quiet, comfortable.....I enjoyed it very much
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

What a joy to know that you were able to enjoy the convenience, luxury and comfort of The Venetian. We are happy to be your home away from home whenever you visit Las Vegas, so I invite you back to our resort each and every time your travels bring you to our fabulous city.

Sudbury Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

My wife and I spent a week between the Venetian and Palazzo in Vegas. The service was just great. I had a problem with the lighting in our lovely suite.The hotel manager Enara promptly moved us to another suite in the Palazzo which was just as beautiful. The decor of this hotel is fantastic and has the lovely gondola canal in it. The canal shoppes are a must. The dining in the restaurants is fantastic. The outside performance of winter in Venice was spectacular. The rooms are very comfortable. We would highly recommend staying at the Venetian if in vegas

Room Tip: An executive strip view suite. Very large and comfortable
Green Features: I found the hotel to be very fresh and spotless. The maid service kept the rooms and hall very clean. A high quality of airflow into the Casino
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. I was so pleased to hear that when you and your wife encountered your only challenge, our team assisted you directly.

There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads, so they may in turn, share your wonderful compliments with their team members. I am confident that each department will delight in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

We did a road trip of Arizona and stayed in Vegas on 2 separate nights. The Venetian being our pick for the last night in Vegas.
What a great decision!
Despite not being able to find the hotel lobby/front desk from the self parking, having to ask multiple directions getting different answers from the staff each time, navigating our way through the many layers of the hotel. When we did eventually get to the front desk, despite it being a bit of a queue, it moved quickly and was very well organized.
The welcoming staff were very friendly efficient and helpful. There were entertainers walking the hallways dressed up in Venetian theme. Really loved the creativity and character of the entertainers.

Hotel room was super! We got a luxury suite with a strip view in the Venetian tower. All I can say is wow! The bed was super comfy, the bathroom was lovely, a tub and walk in shower with jets at mid level. There was a sunken living room just off the bedroom. All very tastefully decorated and well laid out. We found everything we needed.

Swimming facilities - beautifully designed, nicely themed. 2 hots tubs of different sizes, two pools of different sizes and temperatures too. Used all of them!

All in all a very pleasing stay, don't have any major gripes.
The restaurants in the canal area all looked lovely but were a bit pricy for us us. The gondola rides looked delightfully cheesy, but loved watching those who took it. You could spend hours walking around the hotel getting lost a few times too.

Would definitely recommend a stay here, If you want a bit of luxury.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your superb review! Despite the miscommunications with the directions to the Front Desk upon your arrival at The Venetian, I am so glad that you were able to thoroughly enjoy your night with us. Our Winter in Venice performers are definitely a sight to see and an awe to listen to, so I am glad that you were able to bask in the creative charm of our characters. I am elated that you found your suite and the amenities within it to be luxurious and that your stay was pleasant. We hope to welcome you back to The Venetian in the future, so that we may continue our strides to providing you with unforgettable memories.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We arrived at the Venetian late on a Friday night before a long weekend. There was a long lineup at reception, but despite this, reception checked everyone in quickly. They had numerous attendants on shift at reception, which was great. I had booked a specific room for my husband's anniversary, including calling before our trip to make sure we had it reserved, and by sending in a few emails as well. Unfortunately, despite all of these follow-ups on my part, when we arrived, the room we booked wasn't available. This was a bummer as I had booked this hotel 6 months prior and had followed up a few times to make sure it was reserved. I also let the Venetian know that this was for my husband's birthday, but they did nothing extra to make this special (i.e. surprise in room, etc. like other hotels we have been to have done); although I do realize that they are a massive hotel and can't do this for everyone, but it would have been a nice touch. Okay, moving on....

Location - Awesome. The last time we were in Vegas, we stayed at the Mandalay Bay and that was at the other end of the strip, so it was nice to be near the other end this time. Although it is not as central as say, the Bellagio, it is still close to many hotels and the Fashion Show mall.

Room - We were given a room in the Venezia Tower. Yes, it is a bit of a hike, but we didn't mind that because it seemed to be quieter and allowed you to "get away" from the Vegas bustle when you needed some down-time or a nap (although there wasn't much of that!). All rooms are suites at the Venetian, so our room was massive! The housekeeping did a fantastic job everyday. To everyone who complains about there not being a fridge in the room.....this is Vegas. There is a reason for that (as they want you to spend $$$) and every hotel does this! So it is not worth complaining about!

Amenities - We used the private pool for patrons of the Venezia tower. It was a bit colder at this time of year, so not many people were there, which was nice. We used the heated pool. We found the hot tubs quite dirty though and would have liked someone to have cleaned them out regularly as there were bandaids and other bits floating in them.

Resort itself - HUGE. We found it to be not as smoky as other casinos on the strip, which as non-smokers, was nice. There are so many restaurants to choose from, including food courts, speciality restaurants, you name it. The Grand Lux Café is a great restaurant open 24 hours (it is a sister chain of the Cheesecake Factory). We often ate here at 2am and it was fab! Expect a long line up though at more "normal" eating times. The resort has everything....so much so that you don't really need to leave it! We didn't try the Gondolas as we didn't feel like waiting in line to ride them, as it was quite busy. The Grand Canal Shoppes are great, with a lot of variety (pricey though!)!

Show at the Venetian - Rock of Ages....went to this show and loved it! Being children of the 70s/80s, my husband and I loved it. Went to the Bourbon Room (in the Venetian, beside the Casino) after the show and that was great fun as well. Although, expect a HUGE amount of smoke at this bar. It was too much that we had to leave after an hour or so. We also went to the Madame Tussauds wax museum at the Venetian. We expected this to be a bit campy (which it was of course....you are visiting wax figures...lol), but it was much better than expected! It was actually a lot of fun and much bigger than we expected! A tip...don't pay full price at the entrance...go down the street to the Casino Royale where there is a "Tix 4 Tonight" stand and buy your tickets there for half price. Same goes for the Rock of Ages....you'll get cheaper tickets here.

Customer service - From the front desk staff, to security, to housekeeping, we found them all to be very pleasant, helpful and nice!

Would we stay here again? Yes! Had a great time. We would really hope though that we would get the room we requested and paid for.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room, ask for the Venezia tower. Just know in advance that it is a farther tre...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am struck by the intensive detail that you have provided us through your feedback, and I am find myself grateful for the candid spirit of your review as well for the praises that you have sung for The Venetian. Thank you so much for allowing us to host you for your husband's special birthday, and I do apologize immensely for our oversight in providing extra for his celebration. Please extend my belated birthday wishes to him. Please also accept my sincerest apologies for the suite assignment issue upon your arrival as well as the issue with the heated pool. Please know that these instances are not the standard of our resort, so these issues will be addressed internally, so that we may improve upon the experience of our guests.

I am so glad that you found our location to be convenient to the other hotels that you enjoy as well as Fashion Show Mall. It delights me that you valued the many great restaurants and entertainment options that we have on property, and that you will most certainly stay with us again. Your loyalty to our resort is valued, and I hope to welcome you back real soon.

VP of Hotel Operations

Been to Venetian Resort Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!