“Great place to stay in Vegas!” 5 of 5 stars

Daily breakfast for two
Ranked #8 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
norcal
“Great place to stay in Vegas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband travels to Vegas for work conferences at least once a year and I love to come with him when he stays here. The rooms are lovely and spacious and the bathtub is huge. There is even a TV in the bathroom!

I love going to the Canyon Ranch Spa to work out and get a massage. And the Canyon Ranch Cafe is lovely for a healthy meal too.

Have a meal at Bouchon if you can. So good! I love the French breakfast there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing you experience on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that The Venetian | The Palazzo provided a restful place to stay while traveling with your husband for business. I look forward to welcoming you back each and every time that your professional or personal travel takes you to Las Vegas.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,338)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cumbria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Beautiful hotel, suites are spacious and well equipped ours overlooked the pool area but was really quiet. The remote control drapes and blinds are fab when you wake in the morning and the room s pitch black. We stayed 27 may - 6 jun and Memorial Day was on the first Monday - a bank holiday so the weekend lasted a little longer which means lots of 20 something's partying at the pool parties all along the strip and the venetian is no exception - that's the only downside the awful music that is played at the pool parties and hordes of young girls wandering along the strip in their bikinis and heels. Thankfully it only seems to be at weekends and it wouldn't put us off visiting Vegas at all - one word for it "fabulous"

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased to read of your satisfaction and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is what I wanted to say about this hotel, not lost its old charm despite many new and attractive resorts and casinos coming up near and around it. I was with my wife on a holiday and stayed here for two nights. In fact it was my cherished ambition to stay in this hotel since I had visited the same way back in the year 2000. At that time, it was the newest addition to the Las Vegas skyline and also heard, the legendary artist Sophia Loren participated during the opening ceremony. Well...even after a decade and half and after about13 years of my first visit, the resort maintains its grandeur despite opening more awesome casinos nearby. Coming describing my experience here I should say that the highlight is the spaciousness of the rooms. No other hotel offers the rooms with size as of this hotel. The room in which I stayed is about 650 sft. The theme at the grand canal shops is delightful. I was cautioned about the line while checking in or checking out but I did not have much trouble while checking in the reason probably being I checked in a Wednesday. But that is the way with every resort in Vegas. There is option for express check out wherein you have submit details like your room number, e mail id along with the key card and phew..you don't have to wait in the line. And to speak about the staff I would say all the staff are very friendly. I did not have much opportunity to visit restaurants but the Noodles Asia is a good option for the Asians. Overall my experience at this property was wonderful and I did not have any regrets for not selecting another resort like the Wynn. The grandeur of this property has diminished with its age.

Room Tip: Opt for express checkout so that you need not have to wait in long line
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our team members. They will truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you. Every aspect of The Venetian | The Palazzo was created for the enjoyment of our guests, from our luxurious suites and beautifully re-created historic landmarks of Venice, Italy, to hand-painted frescos and world-class restaurants. I am so very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. I value your patronage and certainly hope to host you again so that we may continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Service Standards.

Dover, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

What a fantastic hotel....best on the "strip"....this is definitely 10star....soooo clean, friendly staff....not a rip off that I thought may be!...you could shop, relax, eat, drink, gamble, go to the theatre, salon, 3etc all without leaving the hotel...we had a "suite"...the bed was so comfortable, made to feel special on arrival in the lobby..door opened from cab, robes in rooms..pure luxury

Room Tip: All rooms were fantastic
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I understand that there are many travel options when visiting this city and I sincerely appreciate and thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo to host you during your most recent visit. I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo each time your travels take you back to this fabulous city.

michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We absolutely fell in love with the venetian. We were in awe when we saw our room. Booked Bella in Venezia but the lady who checked us in (at 9:30am, big plus), changed to a King bed. The hallways were just extraordiary! The smell when we entered was crisp and clean, not smoky. The front desk agent was very professional and very nice and enjoyable to speak with. We stayed on the 6th floor--view of the mountains. We could not hear anything in the hallway nor the next door neighbor, which was great. The hotel had a 28/night resort fee, which was fine. If you wanted to charge to your room, you left your cc number with them to place a hold. We didn't charge to the room, so only required 100 hold. Called down to get some more towels and housekeeping was up within a few minutes. We placed the "do not disturb" sign on the door and not once did we get bothered. The Venezia tower is a LONG way to the casino. You have to take a couple different elevators, so be prepared. This did not bother us in anyway. We liked being away from the hustle and bustle. There is a Walgreens attached to the hotel. The bar in the casino, (plays all 80's music and the "Rock of Ages" guy is HILARIOUS) is a MUST do! The only negative part in the casino area is SLOW and VACANT waitresses. If you ask for a drink, make sure when she brings you one, you are ordering another. We asked a few for a drink and the comment would be "be right back, your waitress will be here shortly, etc." This was really annoying! The food courts were good. The casino floor and the 2nd floor have amazing food. The Grand Luxe has awesome food, BUT very slow! The food we ordered could have been split in half between my husband and I. Huge portions...VERY yummy! Checkout process was easy. Front desk checked us out and the lady printed our boarding passes. All in all, awesome trip and very happy we picked Venetian. Highly recommend staying here!!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your experience. I am humbled to have received such thoughtful comments, for there really is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Your feedback is a testament and reflection of the continued success of The Venetian |The Palazzo’s diligent strides towards personalized and second-to-none service and for our clear and paramount five-diamond vision.

Once again I genuinely thank you for your time and for your kind words, the words that have reminded us of our agreement, ability and empowerment to continue our pursuit of providing our guests with nothing less than the best.

South Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed at the Venetian in March for our 35th Wedding Anniversary.

This hotel is very impressive, it is busy at all time during the day and night.

We didn't know what to expect when we arrived, this hotel was always on our bucket list to stay at and for no other reason than we wanted to stay there, I did not look at any reviews before we left. Family had stayed there a couple of years prior to our visit but again it was somewhere we wanted to go.

We hired a car for our trip, and as we arrived at the hotel we used valet parking, more to get our bearings and after the first day we parked the car ourselves. It was see less the journey from the airport, when we arrived we went to reception, when they knew it was our WA they upgraded us to a strip view. It was fantastic. We went to our room and it was impressive. All rooms are suites and they are on a split level or our was. You walked into the room and through a short hallway which had the bathroom and toilet off it. Then you saw the massive king size bed, and two steps down to the seating area, and the view of the strip.

There were 3 televisions, one in the bathroom, the sleeping area and the seating area, but you don't really have time to watch any if them.u

The room is cleaned daily to a very high standard, no complaints there. If you want a good night sleep it might be hard to come by, this is a casino and there are comings and goings at all times of the day or night. Wasn't a problem for us it's part of the holiday.

I emailed the hotel prior to arriving to ask what facilities were in the room, ie hair dryer (yes), fridge (no) but you can have one for $25 a day ( that is correct) unless its for medication, tea and coffee making facilities (no). We took our own kettle and cups and tea bags. We travel extensively in the US and so off we went to Walmart and got ourselves a polystyrene cool box for a few dollars, milk, bit of cheese, ham, bread, etc and filled the cool box and when we got back to the hotel filled it with ice from the ice machine. Perfect.

There are plenty places to eat in the hotel, you can go and get yourself coffee, croissants etc and take it back to your room, you don't need to use room service. The restaurants are brilliant, the food is good and there is plenty off it.

Be aware you also pay a resort fee of $20 a day plus tax, this is so you can have wi fi in your room. There is a mini bar in the room but if you don't use it make sure you don't go in and touch anything as you will be charged for it, it's all done electronically, even if you put it back.

Negative points, only one that I can think off, there are people trying to sell you stuff and as soon as you walk in through the doors they pounce on you.

LasVegas is not a children's destination, but there were toddlers there, there is nothing for them to do, unless you want to stay at a pool all day.

There is a shopping area in the hotel and it's absolutely fantastic, there are gondolas, they have something going on throughout the day.

This hotel is in a fantastic location and I would go back and stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your anniversary celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration.

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you during future special occasions.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was the third hotel we stayed at in Las Vegas over a week. On arrival, the Venetian is gorgeous, with the facade of a 16th century Venetian palace, the mini gondola canal pathway and even, hilariously, the scaffolding which seems permanently affixed to the front of the real cathedral in St Marks Square. The car and taxi arrival "hall" and the entrances are decorated with ceiling paintings of the kind seen in the Vatican and by day, as we stayed during Carnavale time, were dotted with masked characters. Our room in the Venetian Tower (floor 32, room 131) overlooked one of the two pool areas and from an angle, the Strip. They have obviously spent quite a bit here and I was impressed on arrival.

But service levels let this place down. We saw an incredible Disneyland-style queuing arrangement in the lobby and felt one of a number when we checked in compared to the warmth of the Trump staff. Housekeeping hadn't emptied the bar fridge of the previous occupants' takeaway, which we had to call about - and then because there must be some electronic connection from the mini-bar to the front desk, had to argue that we had not had anything. It took them 12 hours to clear four sets of dirty dishes from room service in our hallway and we returned mid-afternoon to find our room hadn't been done and had to call housekeeping. Then they knocked on the door at 8am for housekeeping the day we were to check out, even though we'd paid extra to check out at 6pm for our evening flight.

The girl at the pool bar delivered my plastic glass of Diet Coke so seriously full of ice I'd have been lucky to get 100ml of drink. When my partner complained that there was hardly any Diet Coke for $4, she said wasn't empowered to do anything about it. He asked to see the manager and then she brought another, with slightly less ice. We were also told we could have free tea and coffee as there were no facilities in our room (a first for us in Vegas). It turned out the free tea and coffee was a voucher for only ONE tea or coffee between two of us, which had to be regular, ie no cappucino or latte, in their cafeteria downstairs.

Handy, with a Deuce bus-stop outside, but next time we'll stay at the Wynn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit. I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenges you experienced in retrieving your passports. The service, or lack thereof, that you described is definitely not to our standards. I understand that there are many travel options when visiting this city and I sincerely thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo to host you during your past visit. Please feel free to contact our Guest Relations office directly as I certainly wish for an opportunity to rectify the challenges experienced. I hope that The Venetian | The Palazzo can continue to be your resort of choice when visiting this fabulous city.

VP of Hotel Operations

Been to Venetian Resort Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!