“Opulent and indulgent, with functional frontline staff” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #9 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Sydney, Australia
“Opulent and indulgent, with functional frontline staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The Venetian, Las Vegas is opulent, indulgent and the tower luxury suite we stayed in for four nights screamed elegance. It was so well appointed that I just wanted to stay inside and chill for a few hours each day, but with The Strip literally on our doorstep, there was way too much to do. Besides, dining options at the casino are amazeballs; try TAO Asian Bistro and any place by Wolfgang Puck.

The casino’s customer service (reservations/ guest relations/ house keeping) is functional and borders on curt; there’s little thought about frontline staff creating a positive guest experience. Even a genuine smile would be nice. Then again, we Aussies are a friendly bunch. This is a bit of a mismatch to their online presence as their emails have a warm tone.

Forget about porter service during the afternoon or night; it would be good if they could explain how to access a porter on their website. Lugging several bags after midnight to check-in, and then check-out was disappointing. Thankfully, an in room check-out meant we were spared long queues before departing.

We’d consider staying again (after a price comparison) for the luxury suite and The Venetian’s location. Sometimes it’s a case of better the devil you know. And, we’d definitely return to sample other Venetian dining options.

Room Tip: You don't need tips as the website images are actually real; what you see is what you get. Cons...
Green Features: In-room signs highlight that you can re-use your towels to save water.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased that you enjoyed the décor and that your overall impression was positive. Still, I apologize about the lack of service that you experienced. It concerns me deeply that you were not provided personalized Unmatched Guest Service as is our standard here at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future and assure you that we will exceed your expectations on the next visit.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,422)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Scottsdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We recently stayed at the Venetian for my husband's birthday. When I arrived to check-in, the line was long, but the staff opened additional windows and I didn't have to wait very long. The room was beautiful with a large bathroom and separate living area. The amenities are plentiful and everything I needed was available. I was concerned that the "sensor" mini-bar would charge us for simply looking at items like other hotels, but the Venetian seems to understand that people check things out before buying. We ate at TAO, the Asian restaurant, and sat at the bar. Service was outstanding, and the bartenders were friendly. The food was quite tasty, and the wasabi peas that are available as snacks at the bar were sinus clearing deliciousness! We also ate at the sister resort, Palazzo, at Grimaldi's and it was just OK, but the service was great as well there.

The location of the hotel was very central and is across the street from where LOVE plays.
Overall, I would recommend the Venetian if you get a good deal, but I don't think it is worth it at full price.

Room Tip: Ask for the side facing the golf course to get a quiet room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your husband’s birthday celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration by providing great service.

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you during future special occasions.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

So, we were there as VIP and we got the room at the top floor.. 36 I believe?
It was dreamy experience.
There were complimentary chocolate in the room.
There were two shower head, big bathtub n two toilet!
You will see the view of pool..
The maid came everyday to clean n she tidy our room and also my stuff...lol (I'm messy)
N one day I randomly put my bikini at the bathroom, and when I came back from a fun day.. My bikini was placed as if it was on sale....lol
It was too funny.
They really know about service.

Now I have to make more money, so this can be my standard..lol

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this glowing feedback. Providing an unmatched guest experience is of paramount importance here at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased to read that you experienced our unmatched guest service and that this made you feel like royalty. Thank you for sharing and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel the second week of May. There was a group of us. Check-in was very quick and simple. It took the whole group of us less then 5 minutes to check-in. The incidental fees were optional. The use of an incidental hold was optional if you did not want to charge to your room (you had the option to put a $100 cash deposit that would be returned on checkout).

We were booked in the Venezia tower. I was a bit leery after reading others reviews about the long walk to the room. I was really quite surprised at how little time the walk to the room actually took from the lobby. I have stayed at the MGM Signature and let me tell you, the walk to the Venezia tower is nothing compared to that. We were with a few elderly people and they didn't mind the walk at all (mind you one of them had a scooter rental).

The rooms are beautiful. They look exactly like the pictures. We had a Luxury suite with a pool view. It was very roomy. The bathroom was huge with a water closet (the toilet was in a separate little closeted area). We had no issues with noise level. We were only on the 3rd floor and could hear nothing from the Venezia Garden pool. Once or twice we could hear someone being loud in the hallway walking by our room but other then that it was fine. Maid service was very consistent and did a great job of cleaning the room.

There were lots of cheap options to eat downstairs. There is a little food court area to the right as you enter the casino. Great for cheap breakfast options. The pizza place was open 24 hours and was pretty good. I highly recommend the Grand Lux Cafe. It is open 24 hours and the food is phenomenal. We ate there as a group and everybody ordered something different. Everything I tried was amazing and the prices are very reasonable.

The Venezia Garden pool was beautiful. It is located in the Venezia tower. There are two pools. A smaller heated pool and the larger center pool where most of the crowd hung out. Mind you there may have been 10 people in the pool at most everyday I went. We ventured over to the main pool at The Venetian one day to check it out and it was very loud, crowded and boisterous. I preferred the Venezia Garden pool hands down.

Every staff member we encountered was super friendly. Guest services was great and even took care of the scooter rental for a member in our group. We didn't have to worry about anything and it was waiting upon our arrival.

The casino was very big and spacious. We spent most of our time gambling at either The Venetian or The Palazzo. We didn't win any jackpots but won enough to keep us playing until the wee hours. We really enjoyed the Drinks2U option at the Palazzo whereby you could just insert you players card in the machine and hit the option on the little screen to order a drink. Within a few minutes the waitress arrived with your beverage. I was told that The Venetian will also be getting this feature in the near future. Other then that the drink service was not as quick in The Venetian. We only seen the waitress periodically throughout an evening there.

The location on the strip is great. Just up the road a few minutes from Denny's and McDonalds. The Casino Royale is also just down the street for fun gaming. It is also across the street from The Mirage (another of our favorites) and attached via Pedway from The Palazzo to The Wynn. We really loved the Walgreens attached to The Venetian and went there for snacks multiple times. All in all, this is one of our favorite places to stay and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: If you can snag a room in the Venezia tower, go for it. We loved the Venezia tower. We found it very...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your review providing so many details and insights. I am particularly struck by the detail that you provided future visitors to The Venetian | The Palazzo. I appreciate your thoughtful review and concern to advise fellow travelers of the tips, locations and moments that made your stay so memorable and special. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and we all look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We took a 4 day trip to Las Vegas to relax and have fun. From the time we checked in until we checked out the staff at the Venetian Hotel was first class. The pool was relaxing and the spa amazing. We would be honored to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased to read of your satisfaction and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The hotel is amazing, very large and clean. Does not smell like smoke either. The rooms are great, you can book on cheaptickets and get a better deal then the hotel itself. The rooms are all suites, so they are very large and spacious. The service is great, but the food and drinks are ridiculously expensive. A water bottle was 7 dollars, yes it is vegas but that is crazy over price.

I definitely would stay here again for the location, restaurants, and the environment of the hotel.

Room Tip: book on cheaptickets or orbitz its cheaper.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased that you enjoyed the suite and that your overall impression was positive. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed at the Venetian using Priority Club Points. Our room was a good suite overlooking the pools and the strip. Overall, the hotel is well kept and security ensures that only guests go to the actual room floors. Rooms were clean and staff was very courteous. My only concern is that the electric lock would sometimes fail to work despite the room key-card working, thereby locking me out of my own room. I got so concerned that I had to go to the registration to ensure that I would not have to trot back to it when the door failed to open. Overall good stay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am pleased that you enjoyed our opulent suites and service. Still, I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenge with your key card.

I am pleased that this mishap did not dampen your spirit or take away from the other aspects of your stay that exceeded your expectations. I hope to have the privilege of serving you on many more visits to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Been to Venetian Resort Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!