“Venetian, Las Vegas” 4 of 5 stars

great room
big bathroom
fantastic
swimming pool
lounge in room was comfortable and made it feel very homely
value for money

BADS
lobby always busy and need more staff to process check in quicker

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at The Venetian|The Palazzo. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations! Still, I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian|The Palazzo and our team for your experience upon arrival. It concerns me deeply that your check-in experience did not reflect a level of exceptionality. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department, which always welcomes suggestions for improvement.

11,922 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,526)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I recently stayed at the Venetian and was blown away at how nice the rooms are. The canal is great, the food at the Grande Luxe and Equinox was great. Nice bars. The staff was very friendly. My only slight issue is that I played for three hours at a blackjack table and when I asked the pit boss how many comps I had, he informed me that I wasn't being tracked since I was playing $15 hands and the minimum is $25 in order to be tracked for comps. Not that big of a deal since I don't travel to Vegas often, but if you plan on returnign and counting on comps, heads up. I was lucky to find a $15 table. All the dealers at the casino were funny and friendly. I would definetely make this my first choice on my next trip to Vegas.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your words of appreciation. We are humbled to have received such thoughtful comments, for there really is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest.

We truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience and we also appreciate the feedback you have provided. We truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This place is so beautiful!!! The Italian theme with all the marble and the different pools all roman era was just incredible!! I will never stay anywhere else in Vegas!! All the rooms r suites and omg the bathroom to die for!!!! I can't wait to stay there again!! I got married in Vegas but not at the Venetian because it was way to expensive!! But anyway I told them that and I thought we'll maybe they give us two free drinks in the lounge or a free gonada ride or something so I was a disappointed in that big time!!! So in the guest comment card I wrote that. I wrote that if someone was getting married and staying at your hotel and there for there honeymoon. And no acknowledgement of that. Getting married is special for people I don't care where u do it at!! I told them I work in the casino I've been working in the public for over 35 years!! A women wrote me back and said how sorry she was and I was right and they used to do something like a fruit basket or champagne. So she told me she would give me a major discount when we come back and to call her and she was really nice. So at least she acknowledge the situation. And that made me happy!! So will see when we go back!! Definitely drive to Hoover dam from Vegas it's worth it!!:)

Room Tip: I love where it's located there's a Walgreens across the street if u need anything instead o...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

I was certainly disappointed to learn of your frustration regarding the lack of acknowledgement for your special celebration. Allow me to assure you that your most recent experience is not the standard of our resort. We endeavor to create a warm, personalized environment for all our valued guests and I do apologize that we fell short on this occasion. Please be assured this will be addressed internally for future improvement as we do take all feedback and suggestions seriously. We truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Jerusalem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently while on business in Las Vegas. The reception was very efficient and friendly. The rooms are large and luxurious, with a very comfortable bed and large walk-in bathroom. Even though the rooms on both side of mine were occupied, the room was quiet for sleep. The views of Las Vegas from the room is fantastic. I only wish there was a coffee machine in the room ... strange that far less expensive chain hotels offer this basic amenity.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our team members. They will truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you.

I also appreciate your insightful feedback about in suite coffee makers. It is never our intention to cause our guests this unnecessary stress or inconvenience. For your next visit I want to recommend that you take advantage of the complimentary cup of coffee available as part of our resort fee. It can be redeemed at Cafe Presse with the voucher that you received at the time of check in.

I value your patronage and certainly hope to host you again so that we may continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Service Standards.

VP of Hotel Operati
O'Fallon, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Very nice rooms, great location, amazing attention to detail. We loved just walking around the hotel and experiencing everything! The first night we stayed here we didn't even leave the building. Overall its an experience not just a hotel! Do yourself a favor and stay here!

• Stayed February 2013
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

fermanagh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

As first time visitors to Las Vegas in July 2012 we were in total awe of the the whole place and the size of everything. We headed to Vegas as part of our Honeymoon for a week after being in Cancun. We figured we would do the relaxing part first and then the crazy part in Vegas second.

Driving around Vegas in our transfer bus we were getting so excited as we stopped off at the various hotels dropping people off and seeing other hotels looked like. we also noticed the Venetian as we drove around awaiting our turn to be dropped off. Im sure you can imagine our disappointment when it was our turn for drop-off and we ended up being dropped off at the service entry underground and not the front door like those at other hotels and as we expected. We were told this was because of construction works at the main entrance, however we never seen much works going on. We were just dumped there, no-one there to greet you or help you with your bags or even explain where to go etc... we then had to walk upstairs and the whole long way around to the reception desk transporting our luggage with us and through the vast crowds.

So this made for a disappointing start, however check-in was easy and we complained to the receptionist who apologised and offered to upgrade us to a suite in the Palazzo, however I believe this may have been because we were not getting the room we booked and as expected in the Venetian. Anyhow another long trip with our luggage (still no bell boy or attendant to help us with luggage) through the casino and crowds to the Palazzo and upstairs to our room, which was lovely.

We had a suite which was high-up and didn't have a strip view which we booked and expected, but you could view the airport. The room was spacious with lovely bathroom, seating area and very comfortable bed. Mini-bar is there but quite expensive to use. The reason you can get such good value rooms in Vegas is so that they get you there and hope you will spend money as you have to pay for everything then. But we were delighted with the room even though the view wasn't what was expected.

Walking through the areas in both Venetian and Palazzo is just amazing, so much going on its unreal and so beautiful. The ceilings and marble hall in Venetian is amazing and the indoor waterfall in Palazzo also. There is so much to see and do its hard to know were to start.

On our first night we were bit shattered after travelling so just decided to head down and grab something quick in food court in Venetian and it was quite good food, quite expensive but okay and just what we needed. Then we had a gamble in the vast casino and won $1000 on a wheel of fortune slot machine within a few hours which really whetted our appetite for the machines and gambling then. So we played for good few hours and were delighted to be heading to bed in early hours of morning actually up money.

Next day we decided after nice long ly-in to get up and explore the Venetian and Palazzo as they are absolutely massive and there is so much to see and do in them. We walked through the many levels trying to get our bearings (which you don't entirely for a few days) and we were just in total awe at the size of the hotels which are massive with each floor and level offering something different. The shops are fantastic however very expensive and loved all the way coffee shops and the Willy Wonka sweet shop also. We spent hours wondering around the place and it was class just doing so taking everything in.

We of course ended up gambling that night again and it was great craic so it was and we were really getting into swing of things and it was fantastic when my wife won another $1000. Its not hard to see how people can get carried away in the casinos as they really draw you in and you can find yourslef playing away only to check time and you have been playing for hours.

Next day we went to Madam Tussauds Museum in Venetian and it was excellent and really worth doing. Spent ages going through it all taking pictures with the various celebrities in there. Defo recommend it. We ate in one of the restaurants that night and it was lovely couldn't believe size of portions. At end of each day it i actually lovely returning to your lovely room to a nice bed as you are knackered after doing so much.

Its great also at check-in you are given this book full of promotions you can use for shops/restaurants/activities etc.... in the Venetian and Palazzo. Some very good offers in book so be sure to take it with you when you leave your room and check it for promotions wherever you go into.

There is a fantastic show outside the Venetian think it is every night so dont miss it.
We headed up the strip on third day for a walk to take it all in and it was great, everything is so huge at all hotels, and the fountain show at Bellagio is amazing it is a must when you are there. Just be careful on the streets as there are a lot of beggars and some menacing looking people at times, but just keep head down and walk on. Your fine otherwise and it is safe and it is really funny walking up the street and Chewbacca (from star wars) appears around a corner, then sponge bob, batman, superman, spiderman, etc... etc... so many of them it is very cool and really funny and you can get pics taken with them just tip them around a dollar.

We did the condola ride outside the Venetian and it was cool, the indoors one you have to wait for ages. It is very hot but really nice thing to do.

We arranged to do helicopter sunset tour of the Grand Canyon and it was simply amazing defo recommend it as the way to do the Canyon. Going out on helicopter is class experience and the pilot was excellent explaining everything and pointing out things. Then stopping down actually in one of the rims in the Grand Canyon for a picnic was class. Coming back in you see the sun setting and then do the strip run which is cool.

One of the highlights for us was going to The Cirque Du Soleil 'O' Show absolutely amazing. The Concierge in the Venetian helped us get great tickets for this show and they were excellent seats.

Gambling continued every night mostly and we did well but you have to be careful not to go overboard. There is a great buzz in the casinos in Venetian and you have to go through casino to go anywhere in both Venetian and Palazzo.

We never used the spa or pools in the Venetian as we had all that done in Cancun and just wanted to experience Vegas. Never used room service either as we were always on go and got food out all time.

Have heard people say that 3-4 days is enough in Vegas, that may be for people who know there way around and are regular travelers to there, however as first time travelers you defo need a week to fully get your bearings, do everything you want to do and get the full experience.

Had always wanted to go to Vegas and so glad we did now, was amazing experience as part of our Honeymoon and recommend everyone going to vegas at least once. we will defo be back and no better place to go than the Venetian or Palazzo. As what we did notice up at the Bellagio and that direction up the strip is that it is more manic up there and crazy crowds all the time, where as the Venetian whilst still very very busy is much more laid back and chilled out and crowds not as crazy which we loved. So Location wise it is ideal.

Cant wait to go back, sooner rather than later.

Few pointers
Wear comfortable shoes as you do alot of walking everywhere
Take whatever you need for the full day with you when you leave your room (even if just walking around hotel) - as it is very frustrating forgetting something and not being close enough to get it
Take your passport/driving licence or copies of them out with you as to purchase things you need to show ID or even take money out at a cash desk from say a credit card
Drink loads of water as the heat is quite intense outdoors but lovely and cool when inside hotels as they are air-conditioned.
Carry cash mainly as credit cards are charged and there is a limit on how much you can take in one day from either a cash card or credit card.
Food is excellent everywhere - the food courts offer better value and quality is ok

Room Tip: Wear comfortable shoes as you do alot of walking everywhere Take whatever you need for the full day...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I understand that there are many travel options when visiting this city and I sincerely appreciate and thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo to host you during your most recent visit. I appreciate your extensive post providing so many details. While I am disappointed that your arrival did not exceed your expectations, I am pleased to read how much other aspects exceeded your expectations.

Thank you for your very extensive review and providing so many details and insights. I am particularly struck by the time and extensive detail that you provided future visitors to The Venetian | The Palazzo. I appreciate your thoughtful review and concern to advise fellow travelers of the tips, locations and moments that made your stay so memorable and special.
I also appreciate the around town feedback and advise that you gave to your fellow travelers. Las Vegas is a fabulous city and it is great when previous travelers such as you share tips for potential future travelers.

Thank you again for your positive review and I look forward to hosting you at The Venetian | The Palazzo for many Las Vegas vacations to come.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We have stayed here 6-10 times, and each time we love the deluxe rooms, TVs in the bedroom and step-down living area, comfy huge beds, and power draperies. The luxury baths have plush towels and a large shower with great water pressure. The Grand Lux Restaurant is our favorite, and their breakfast buffet includes made-to-order omelets and awesome muffins, as well as fresh fruits that are at their peak of sweetness. The staff is very skilled, but not at all "snooty". They make you feel as if they're friends. We also have lots of fun in their casino. Everything is A+, except they do allow cigar smoking, which I find quite stinky. Everything is immaculately cleaned, and I would highly recommend the Venetian.

Room Tip: Every room we have had was quiet and large. If you have any particular concerns, ask the front desk...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience on TripAdvisor. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest.

I am particularly pleased that you recognized the unsurpassed suite accommodations at The Venetian | The Palazzo. As the only all-suite hotel on the Las Vegas strip we are very proud of our standard suites and I am pleased that you valued them as well.

Again, thank you for your encouraging review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next trip to Las Vegas.

VP of Hotel Operations

Been to Venetian Resort Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!