“Roomy comfortable suites,convenient to Sands Expo,Fashion Show Mall” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Venetian Resort Hotel Casino

Ranked #10 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Roomy comfortable suites,convenient to Sands Expo,Fashion Show Mall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

The Venetian is a great place to stay in Las Vegas, especially if you have a meeting at the Sands Expo. It is located close to the Fashion Show Mall and also has the other upscale shops within walking distance. The hotel itself is impressively large. Check in was fast and easy.
I had inquired about wifi before I arrived and was told that wifi is available throughout the hotel and included in the room rate. But at check in, I was told that I needed to pay the $12 resort fee ( this is optional) to avail of the wifi in the suite. Being budget conscious, I decided to forego the fee and asked for public places with wifi, which is all throughout the hotel. It turned out that there is wifi included in our suite.
The suite ( they call all their rooms suites) was very spacious, with a lovely view of the mountains. We were placed in the main Tower. Temperature control worked well. The bathroom was equally big, with all the amenities. Just would have liked them to include bedroom slippers in their wardrobe. The beds were comfortable (we had 2 Queen beds) and had extra pillows. All in all a comfortable hotel room.
There are lots of restaurants close by and within the hotel itself. All in all a great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo and your generally positive review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you found the suite and property conducive to business. I also appreciate the time you took to share your feedback about the internet service and the various options available to business travelers such as yourself.

Thank you again for your positive review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to your return in the near future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,821)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

…….we can’t tolerate the smoke. We’ve stayed at this hotel several times. The last time was the worst. It was over the Christmas holiday and we stayed one night. The smoke was so pervasive that 1) we couldn’t really enjoy our meal at Table 10, which is located in the Palazzo; and 2) we couldn’t sleep in our room at the Venetian. Surely there must be somewhere in that huge hotel that you can procure a room where smoke does not come through the ventilation system into the room.

On another note, on an earlier visit we stayed on the 17th floor in a room which overlooked the pools. On a subsequent visit, we were asked if we wanted to upgrade to a “view” room. We said sure. The room was on the 21st floor with the same view as the one on the 17th. It wasn’t worth the $40 or $50 dollars to upgrade.

We love all of the amenities at this hotel. We travel frequently between CO and CA and this is a pleasant place to have a stopover in our travels.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE SMOKE!

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, ask for a room as far away from the casino as possible. Don't know if...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been.

Since you extensively discussed your distaste for the smoke in the casino I wanted to take a moment and make some specific recommendations. First, The Palazzo offers smoke free corridors similar to what you recommend in your post. Additionally, I want to recommend that for your next visit that you travel to and from the convention center utilizing the Grand Canal Shoppes level. The Grand Canal Shoppes are completely smoke free and you can take the suite elevators to this level and then use the escalators in St Mark’s Square to conveniently access the convention area without ever walking through the casino.

I am sorry for the negative impact the cigarette smoke had upon your wellbeing, and overall experience at The Venetian |The Palazzo. Frankly, I am at a loss to understand what might have produced the concentration of odor you described. Especially, while dining at Table 10 since all restaurants in Nevada are required to be smoke free per Nevada state law. I might surmise that, due to ventilation and air currents, the smoke was concentrated in and around the areas you occupied. Typically though, our state-of-the-art filtration system disperses enough uniform aromatic fragrance to dispel any offensive odors. However, I have forwarded your comments to our Facilities Department so they be apprised of our concerns, and ensure all systems are properly functioning.

Again, I extend my apologies and invite you to contact my guest relations office directly as I would like an opportunity to gather more details of the challenges you experienced. It is our sincere hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

It was a pleasure to stay at the Venetian... everything was great specially the room was fabulous as all the rooms are semi suits with a nice siting area .. loses one point as everything in the hotel is paid from water to even refrigerating your own drinks !!!! but i would surely go there again.

Room Tip: strip view is great !!!
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed again for the same tradeshow as in 2011. I requested the Venezia tower again - right next to the reception - which I received. The rooms were soft renovated since 2011 and looked nice. Service was good and prompt and this time the wait at the Restaurant Bouchon was not too long for breakfast. My friend got a room right next to me, which I appreciated - so the front desk staff really did a great job. Distances are huge everywhere in Las Vegas, so it took me 20 min walking from my hotel room directly to the Sands expo. Do not forget anything in your room before attending the trade show, otherwise you can easily lose an hour just for the way! Grand Lux Cafe was again forgettable for breakfast - can't recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo and for your positive feedback. I am pleased that you found your Venezia Suite, as well as our Team Members, accommodating to your needs while allowing us to host you during your tradeshow. With over one million square feet of meeting space and one of the country’s largest unobstructed ballrooms, The Venetian | The Palazzo is ready for business.

Once again, I thank you for your kind words and we all look forward to hosting you again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Our room was perfect! I think that what really impressed me was the staff. I have never been in a hotel where everyone fron the maintenance man to the Peple at the desk were so friendly . I would suggest a stay at tis hotel whenever Vegas is your destination. It was quiet and for NewYears even a little noise might be expected but this was not the case. We would stay in this hotel again as our experience was extremely positive!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. I was so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and were treated with the Unmatched Guest Service we strive to provide all of our guests. We truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience and we all look forward to hosting you again in the future!

There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads, so they may in turn, share your wonderful compliments with their team members. I am confident that each department will delight in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have not been to Vegas or stayed at the Venetian for 2 years. I am very happy with my experience. The Venetian is always stunning. Hard to check-in and not always be wowed. The casino and public bathrooms all looked to be refreshed. My room was as always, perfect and quite comfortable. I also enjoed working out daily at the Canyon Ranch gym. Also, the Grand Lux may be the best kept secret! While always busy, the food and portions provide great value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, January 18, 2013

Park Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel was by far one of the better hotels I've seen in Vegas. The grounds are beautiful with extreme detail on everything. The restaurants are amazing, probably the best selection in all of vegas. There is no reason to leave the hotel, everything is there for you. The staff and security is very helpful in getting around the grounds. Very large and can be confusing at times to find your room. Have to take several elevators to certain floors.
The room was beautiful with 2 large flat screen tv's, a desk with charging stations and printer to take care of business.
The beds/pillows were amazing. The most comfortable bed and pillows I've slept in a hotel room.
The casina has a great poker room and good table games not outrageously priced.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed our opulent accommodations. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best amenities.

The Venetian | The Palazzo combine to create the world’s largest five diamond resort and while this is impressive it can also make finding things challenging. Since you mentioned that you had trouble navigating our property I recommend The Venetian | The Palazzo mobile application for your next visit. When downloaded onto your GPS enable smart phone this application will give you turn by turn directions as you navigate our opulent and large property.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to hosting you here at The Venetian | The Palazzo many times in the future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Been to Venetian Resort Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!