“Great Hotel ... fantastic rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #9 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Great Hotel ... fantastic rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

It was a pleasure to stay at the Venetian... everything was great specially the room was fabulous as all the rooms are semi suits with a nice siting area .. loses one point as everything in the hotel is paid from water to even refrigerating your own drinks !!!! but i would surely go there again.

Room Tip: strip view is great !!!
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, January 21, 2013

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,256)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed again for the same tradeshow as in 2011. I requested the Venezia tower again - right next to the reception - which I received. The rooms were soft renovated since 2011 and looked nice. Service was good and prompt and this time the wait at the Restaurant Bouchon was not too long for breakfast. My friend got a room right next to me, which I appreciated - so the front desk staff really did a great job. Distances are huge everywhere in Las Vegas, so it took me 20 min walking from my hotel room directly to the Sands expo. Do not forget anything in your room before attending the trade show, otherwise you can easily lose an hour just for the way! Grand Lux Cafe was again forgettable for breakfast - can't recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo and for your positive feedback. I am pleased that you found your Venezia Suite, as well as our Team Members, accommodating to your needs while allowing us to host you during your tradeshow. With over one million square feet of meeting space and one of the country’s largest unobstructed ballrooms, The Venetian | The Palazzo is ready for business.

Once again, I thank you for your kind words and we all look forward to hosting you again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Our room was perfect! I think that what really impressed me was the staff. I have never been in a hotel where everyone fron the maintenance man to the Peple at the desk were so friendly . I would suggest a stay at tis hotel whenever Vegas is your destination. It was quiet and for NewYears even a little noise might be expected but this was not the case. We would stay in this hotel again as our experience was extremely positive!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. I was so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and were treated with the Unmatched Guest Service we strive to provide all of our guests. We truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience and we all look forward to hosting you again in the future!

There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads, so they may in turn, share your wonderful compliments with their team members. I am confident that each department will delight in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have not been to Vegas or stayed at the Venetian for 2 years. I am very happy with my experience. The Venetian is always stunning. Hard to check-in and not always be wowed. The casino and public bathrooms all looked to be refreshed. My room was as always, perfect and quite comfortable. I also enjoed working out daily at the Canyon Ranch gym. Also, the Grand Lux may be the best kept secret! While always busy, the food and portions provide great value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, January 18, 2013

Park Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel was by far one of the better hotels I've seen in Vegas. The grounds are beautiful with extreme detail on everything. The restaurants are amazing, probably the best selection in all of vegas. There is no reason to leave the hotel, everything is there for you. The staff and security is very helpful in getting around the grounds. Very large and can be confusing at times to find your room. Have to take several elevators to certain floors.
The room was beautiful with 2 large flat screen tv's, a desk with charging stations and printer to take care of business.
The beds/pillows were amazing. The most comfortable bed and pillows I've slept in a hotel room.
The casina has a great poker room and good table games not outrageously priced.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed our opulent accommodations. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best amenities.

The Venetian | The Palazzo combine to create the world’s largest five diamond resort and while this is impressive it can also make finding things challenging. Since you mentioned that you had trouble navigating our property I recommend The Venetian | The Palazzo mobile application for your next visit. When downloaded onto your GPS enable smart phone this application will give you turn by turn directions as you navigate our opulent and large property.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to hosting you here at The Venetian | The Palazzo many times in the future.

Bothell, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had a reservation for the Palazzo for Dec 29, 30. We arrived at 4:30 and they were pretty swamped with everyone coming into town for NY Eve. They didn't have a room available for us, but we needed to get to a room to change for a dinner reservation. Then we asked if we could stay at the Venetian instead, as they are partners. She easily got us all set up.

This was my first time at the Venetian. My husband has stayed at the Palazzo on business. What is amazing is that all the rooms are suites! They are huge! A wonderful huge bathroom. I joked to my husband that there weren't enough mirrors as I stood in front of maybe 10? There's a tv in the bathroom, one in the sleeping area and then one down in the living room. The living area is 2 steps down with a cute area of a couch, table, office area, tv. We didn't sit much down there, but it was cute.

I know at the Palazzo they leave chocolates for turn down service, we didn't have our room cleaned, so we didn't get this here.

The bed was actually really soft, too soft. But, slept pretty well. The air conditioning was great, room very quiet. Although the first morning I could hear someone calling our neighbors phone a couple times and it rang and rang.

I would recommend this for a couple. I have been to Vegas with friends where we cram into rooms, this is not the situation for that. The couch is actually hard as a rock, would not want to try to sleep on it.

I talked to another couple we had stayed here and they said it was probably the nicest room they have ever been in, and I think this may be the same for us too?

We came the end of December and although I was done with Christmas, it was nice to still see up the amazing decorations at the hotels, hearing Christmas music blaring at taxi stations, then walking around in the crispy sunny air with the energy of travelers. And...way too many kids!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience on TripAdvisor. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest.

I am particularly pleased that you recognized the unsurpassed suite accommodations at The Venetian | The Palazzo. As the only all-suite hotel on the Las Vegas strip we are very proud of our standard suites and I am pleased that you valued them as well.

Again, thank you for your encouraging review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next trip to Las Vegas.

Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Venetian for two nights while in Vegas on January 5-6, 2013. Overall I would say it was a pretty good stay with a glitch that I will explain later. We stayed in one of the tower suites, which was a bit of a trek to get to after checking in. You have to take several elevators and walk down some long hallways to get to the suite. The suite was located on the smoking floor, even thought the sign on the floor said nonsmoking. The suite was pretty nice, clean and very large, with a nice view of the strip. We didn’t spend that much time in the suite though since it is Vegas. I can say that for such a large hotel with so many people that the room was actually very quiet. The Venetian casino is huge, but the one thing we didn’t like was that it is designed with a very bright lighting, almost like hospital lighting, with really bright paint that made it seem ever brighter. I have never been in a casino as brightly lit as the one at the Venetian. The hotel itself is beautiful, especially the public areas. The ceilings are very impressive. The one thing that happened during our stay was what we called the “Venetian Maid Trick”. On our first night, we forgot to leave a tip for the maids in the morning, so, when we went out for the day and came back we found that our room thermostat had been set to the highest possible heat setting, it felt like a sauna when we walked in. The maids apparently did not appreciate our little faux pas of forgetting to tip and decided to teach us a lesson on sweat by cranking up the heat after they tidied up our room. The suite windows don’t open and the A/C really didn’t work that well so the room never really cooled down. So basically our last night was spent sweating in our room when we were trying to sleep, which wasn’t fun at all. Other than that, the Venetian is a pretty nice hotel with an exceptional staff (except the maids) but we most likely would not stay there again due to the extremely large size of the hotel, the hospital bright casino lighting and lack of a good working A/C.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at The Venetian|The Palazzo. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been.

The Venetian | The Palazzo combine to create the largest LEED certified green building in the world. Sustainability at The Venetian | The Palazzo is of utmost importance; however, it is designed to never compromise the unrivaled luxury experience that distinguishes our properties. I apologize that your experience with our air conditioning left you with the impression that the guest experience is second to our environmental efforts.

I also want to apologize that you felt a generous gratuity was required to receive quality housekeeping service. Providing five diamond service to each and every guest without the expectation of a gratuity is a fundamental principal of our service standards. We take this very seriously here at The Venetian | The Palazzo and if you would like to discuss the specifics of your situation in more detail please contact our guest relations department directly.

I am disappointed to read that you did not want to return to The Venetian | The Palazzo. Earning each and every guests future loyalty by providing them with unmatched accommodations and service is of paramount importance to The Venetian | The Palazzo; therefore, if there is anything we can do to earn your loyalty please do not hesitate to reach out to our guest relations office directly.

VP of Hotel Operations

Been to Venetian Resort Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!