“Rooms getting a bit long in the tooth” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #8 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Freehold, New Jersey
“Rooms getting a bit long in the tooth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This is one of my all-time favorite hotels. I really enjoy the great atmosphere and the littany of things to do. While still very nice, the beds are getting a bit worn, as is the decor. However, the rest of the property is just right. You're in Vegas & you're paying ~$150-200 per night & you absolutely can't go wrong. There are more restaurants than you can possibly imagine & the gambling floor is outstanding. Still a favorite. Just need to upgrade the beds....soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian|The Palazzo as your host you during your recent visit. We are humbled to have received your insightful comments, for there really is no greater way to better our services than by receiving truly vital feedback from a valued guest.

We truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience, and I also appreciate the feedback you have provided regarding the condition of your suite. It is through communication such as yours that we are better able to monitor and improve services for our guests, and we thank you kindly for your time in sharing your experience with us. Please be assured that we do take all feedback and suggestions seriously, and we will look into them accordingly.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,120)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Middletown, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Very entertaining stay. The festivities extended well outside of St Marco Square. Going back to our room at 10 PM, we caught a couple having sex in the elevator. If that were not enough, we saw another couple going at it the next morning under a breakfast buffet table. Wow - wonder what it's like New Year's Eve. I'm booking that!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenges you experienced. We take these matters very seriously and I am disheartened to read that a resolution was not reached.

Please feel free to contact our guest relations office directly if your wish to further discuss.

Bad Honnef, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed at The Venetian in Mid November 2012 for a week. I was warmly welcomed by the staff and given a suite on the 20th floor. The room was big but the carpets were very worn-out and there were even a few holes in the carpet.
At check in I was told not to move anything in the minibar as it would automatically charge the room. Some of the minibar items were placed in front of the TV in the lounge area, making it impossible to see the bottom of the TV screen. When asking hotel staff if they could move them I was told No as there was no other place to put the items and they belonged on top of the cabinet in front of the TV.
The hotel has a resort fee but I was unable to find information in the room or on the hotel web page on what services were included in the resort fee I was charged. As a result all I used ws the internet connection.
As an asthmatic I had big problems moving around in the hotel as the Casino area was thick in smoke 24/7 from all the people smoking in the casino. The ventilation did clearly not work very well compared to many of the other casinos on the trip.
When checking out I selected express checkout and that the receipt would be sent to me by e-mail, now 3 weeks later I'm still waiting.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay at The Venetian|The Palazzo. I understand that there are many travel options when visiting this city and we sincerely appreciate and thank you for choosing The Venetian|The Palazzo to host you during your most recent visit. I am very disappointed to hear that your visit was not a complete success. Please accept our apologies for the dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay.

Should you wish to further discuss the details of your visit, we invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department directly. It is our sincere hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Room was lovely. Staff was top notch. The gentleman who checked us in went beyond to arrange 3 rooms together. Loved the sitting area. Rooms had back view but the sunrise was beautiful each morning. Shopping area was great and fun to fantasize that I was back in Italy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared so we may enliven our team members with your thoughtful compliments. I am confident that our staff delights in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write to us after your recent stay. We hope to host you again and continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Guest Service Standards.

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The lobby and the shopping area are beautiful. The rooms are spacious, cozy and clean. The bed is very good. Nice bathroom. It is Venice with a Vegas style. The staff is very professional and polite. The hotel has the best location in Vegas. Excellent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, December 7, 2012

Beverly Hills, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I must say at the beginning...I am NOT a fan of Las Vegas. I do not like to gamble. I dislike the smell of smoke. I am not a fan of glitz. I have managed to avoid a trip to Las Vegas for over 10 years. My son and his girlfriend REALLY wanted to show us Vegas. And, since I was undergoing chemo when this daughter turned 21...I grudgingly said ok.

We arrived on a Friday night. The place was teeming with girls running..be they the bridal party or the 21st birthday kind. The boys were drinking. Having fun yet? The front desk was kind of nasty. We went to our suite. While I may not be a fan of glitz and gold the room itself was really nice. The bathroom was REALLY nice with a separate stall shower. It was nice to have the space. And it was clean.

Housekeeping was so nice. They always said hello, good morning...and do you need anything?

We did go to the restaurants: First night Tao (very late). We went to Tao in NYC. This was good. (I might mention that when my youngest went with her sorority sisters to Vegas they were comped, with bottle service, at every club. Somehow parental units aren't invited in....).

Delmonico was excellent.

Gambling: Husband, son and daughter did blackjack and the sports betting. When daughter went to bet on one team...Seattle (?) the guy gave her the look...When she won the bet the guy gave her a smile. I did gamble, lost nine dollars.

I'm not in a rush to go back to Vegas. IF we go back we probably would stay at someplace quieter. But the Venetian was a nice welcome back to Vegas. And younger would probably love it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our team members. They will truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you.

Thank you for your very extensive review and providing so many details and insights. I am particularly struck by the time and extensive detail that you provided future visitors to The Venetian | The Palazzo. I appreciate your thoughtful review and concern to advise fellow travelers of the tips, locations and moments that made your stay so memorable and special.

I value your patronage and certainly hope to host you again so that we may continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Service Standards and opulent accommodations.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This resort was the biggest hotel we ever stayed in! Even our room on 33rd floor was huge! We felt like we were staying in an apartment. We loved the strip view! The toiletries impressed me because its rare you get a toothbrush along with a toothpaste and even mouthwash I was surprised to see a mini hairspray too! No worries if your toiletries bag got list at the airport.
Everything was perfect. Only con was having to walk through the smoky casino to get to our room.
One big moneysaving tip for airport rides-take the shuttle as its a lot cheaper than a cab. There's even a shuttle waiting front of the hotel when we needed a ride back to the airport. . Allow ample of time though.
L

Room Tip: Ask for a strip view