“Thanksgiving at the Venetian” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #10 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Albany, New York
“Thanksgiving at the Venetian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is the 5th year our family has met at the Venetian to celebrate Thanksgiving. This was the first time we stayed in the Venezia Tower. The rooms are wonderful and new, however, the walk to get anywhere from this tower is dreadful. My in-laws are senior citizens that had a very hard time navigating the distances and it added 5-10 minutes and 2 extra elevators to get anywhere. We would never opt to stay in this tower again despite the lovely rooms.
Canyon Ranch is always a delight. Classes are wonderful and the staff is amazing! We cannot thank them enough for welcoming us back every year and making the impersonal large resort seem more intimate. Sue at Canyon Ranch could not do enough to ensure everything went perfectly.
Contrary to the warm connection we have to the Canyon Ranch staff the Venetian staff is absent, cold and out of touch. After five years I would think that someone would go out of their way to make us feel welcomed . The service is really spotty and inconsistent. There was no one available to help us with the trek from the Palazzo with our luggage upon change of tower rooms,.housekeeping cleaned when they wanted not when you requested, turndown service occured for 2 nights and then we were told it was no longer being done, .restaurants at the Venetian did not follow similar charging protocols for putting charges on our Venetian tab,(some allowed you to charge to the room and others did NOT), conceirge service request for a photograher was met with an outrageous price quote, and early check-in for the adjacent room we reserved and held for our college age sons was not honored.
Overall, everyone felt as though the Venetian did not live up to expectation this year and whether we go back next year remains to be seen.

Room Tip: Do not stay at the Venezia Tower unless you want a beautiful room that is very far away from everyth...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Canyon Ranch Spa Club. Still, I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian | The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay. It concerns me deeply to that the service, or lack thereof, that you experienced did not reflect a level of exceptionality.

I also apologize that you were inconvenienced by the long walks to and from your suite. The Venezia is designed to provide a more secluded, quiet and restful experience; therefore, it is more removed from the hustle and bustle of the main casino floor and resort. I am disheartened to hear that you did not bring the discontent with your suite location to our attention while you were here on property as we would have made every attempt to relocate you to a suite in our main Venetian tower.

Requests for a specific suite location are not guaranteed; however, I want to recommend that on your next family Thanksgiving weekend that you get adjoining suites by calling resort services in advance and guaranteeing the upgrade. For $10 per suite per night you can guarantee adjoining suites and this sounds like it would have been perfect in your situation. I apologize that this option was not proactively offered to you when you made your reservation.

Finally, many of the outlets on property are not owned nor operated by The Venetian | The Palazzo and therefore, it is at their management’s discretion if they allow charges from their establishment to be charged to a suite. I apologize that this caused you any stress or inconvenience during your stay.

Again, I extend my apologies and hope that this atypical experience does not deter you from visiting us in the future. Please feel free to contact our guest relations office directly if you wish to further discuss your most recent stay.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,408)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This place was beautiful! The rooms were nice and spacious, (we had a bella suite). The staff was very helpful and professional. It was nicely decorated and the restaurants that we ate at (Grand deluxe cafe) had great food. The venetian was centrally located to all the other hotels. Make sure you bring comfortable shoes! You will be walking a lot.

Room Tip: There is a Denny's close by for breakfast.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared so I may enliven our team members with your thoughtful compliments. I am confident that our staff delights in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay and we all look forward to your return.

Temple Hills, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I've visited Vegas several times, this visit was for business purposes. The room is a nice size for a standard however, the decor could stand a bit of updating. Service was great; there are a few great restaurants in the breezeway between the Palazzo and the Venetian. I would recommend this hotel to someone who wants a step-up from the Luxor, and etc.

Room Tip: Views of the strip come with a hefty price.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our restaurants and service. Still, I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian | The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay. It concerns me deeply that the décor was not to your liking. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department, which always welcomes suggestions for improvement.

Again, I extend my apologies and hope that this atypical experience does not deter you from visiting The Venetian | The Palazzo in the future.

glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I had read so many reviews of this hotel , I was torn between the venetian ,palazzo and venezia tower. I am so glad we picked the tower, it was smaller and felt more like a hotel than a major resort . Our room was lovely and a great size with a brilliant view overlooking the volcano at the Mirage. I liked the sitting area which was a good relaxing spot to read away from the buzz of the hotel and the strip. The pool was lovely albeit very shaded. We had breakfast every morning in the Grand Cafe, which whilst there was always a queue to be seated they were very efficient. The restaurant staff were very friendly and it was good to see a good range of workers all dedicated to their service. We were disappointed with food in Taqueria Canonita , but loved the food in Tao , everyone should go there if they love thai,eastern cuisine. Our friends were all staying at the other end of the strip in. the MGM , the monorail was a good way for us to travel between the hotels. The grand canal, the shops and the entertainment were all great, the pools in the Venetian and Palazzo were worth the walk from our room . I definately enjoyed the Venetian and whilst it was the largest hotel I every hope to stay in ,it had enough personal touches to avoid it totally being impersonal.The staff were all friendly and helpful .Thankfully we did not have too many large groups on wild weekends which seemed to happen elsewhere. I would definately stay at the Venetian again .

Room Tip: Venezia Tower if you do not like large hotels.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our team members. They will truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you.

Thank you for your very extensive review and providing so many details and insights. I am particularly struck by the time and extensive detail that you provided future visitors to The Venetian | The Palazzo. I appreciate your thoughtful review and concern to advise fellow travelers of the tips, locations and moments that made your stay so memorable and special.

I value your patronage and certainly hope to host you again so that we may continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Service Standards and opulent accommodations.

Bridgeville, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This all suites hotel is amazing! Very spacious rooms, great restaurants and beautifully decorated for Christmas! DEFINATELY a winner! Try Wolf Gang Pucks restaurant, Posterio..I'm a picky eater and loved this restaurant!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best amenities.

Thank you for the detailed dining recommendations that you provided for your fellow travelers. With over thirty restaurants and nine James Beard award winning chefs, The Venetian | The Palazzo truly combine to create the unrivaled culinary capital of the world. Postrio, which you mentioned brings back culinary memories of my own and I am pleased that you have such fond feelings for them as well.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your trip and I look forward to the honor of serving you on each and every future trip to Las Vegas.

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Just returned after my third stay at The Venetian. Was a little nervous this time as I was going out with a friend that had never been to Vegas before and we were staying on my recomendation. Thankfully the stay was as good as always and she was very impressed and would even recommend it to others. Check-in was easy and the concierge were very helpful in calling people for us and also checking in our flight for the way home. We pretty much ate in the Grand Lux most of the time as the selection was great and also reasonable prices. The only thing I will say is that the portion sizes are massive so after a few days we actually started sharing meals. The other nice thing is the location as we walked everywhere and it was pretty central.
All in all another wonderful stay and yes I will be back!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. I am exceedingly pleased that your recommendation to your friend paid off and that you had a wonderful experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads, so they may in turn, share your wonderful compliments with their team members. I am confident that each department will delight in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay and we all look forward to your return.

United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

This is our 5th or 6th trip to Vegas and needless to say we love it!! We have always stayed at the Bellagio and needless to say we have been spoilt!! We fancied a change, and as the price was better at the Venetian with bigger rooms we thought why not?!? Well the location is good and lots of facilities near by but the hotel does not have the decadence I would expect from this level of hotel. The staff were helpful, nice people but the pools were closed due to upgrades or maintenance which they failed to tell us when booking!! It was 30 degrees the week we were there so wanted a swim!! There was a lot of maintenance happening throughout the hotel which of course is great for the future but not when you weren't told and it took the shine off out trip. Walking through the corridors to the room some of the windows were filthy......not what I would expect from this expected standard of hotel. Wouldn't stay again.....sorry Venetian.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing The Venetian | The Palazzo to be your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. Your feedback is much appreciated and is very valuable to me.

I truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed me the opportunity to learn about your recent experience, and I also appreciate the feedback you have provided regarding our pool services. I sincerely apologize for the unnecessary stress that this had imposed on you. It is through communication such as yours that I am better able to monitor and improve services for our guests, and I thank you kindly for your time in sharing your experience with us. Please be assured that I do take all feedback and suggestions seriously, and I will look into them accordingly.

I am very disappointed to hear that your visit was not a complete success. Please accept my sincere apologies that our resort did not fulfill your expectations. It pleases me to advise you that the casino is currently undergoing renovations which include new gaming tables, carpeting, lighting and more, which will truly make The Venetian | The Palazzo a must see while in Vegas!

Should you wish to further discuss the details of your visit, I invite you to contact our guest relations department directly. It is my sincere hope that you will give The Venetian | The Palazzo another opportunity to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

VP of Hotel Operations

Been to Venetian Resort Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!