“Lovely room - massive” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely room - massive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Had a bit of difficulty finding the reception desk from the car park but other than that check-in was relatively smooth and didn't have to queue for ages. Wouldn't say that the staff were particularly friendly but nice enough (and yes we were warned a number of times that the mini bar was weight sensitive etc etc, although we weren't told the separate snack bit was as well so didn't take any chances and left everything alone!). When we eventually found our way to the room (this place is massive) we couldn't really believe the size of it. Everything about the room was great, huge bathroom, huge bed and lounge, everything very clean and tidy. Didn't have a view over the strip but looked into the middle and one of the pools which was perfectly fine. I think it took us a good couple of days to get our bearings in the complex and even when we felt fairly comfortable we would stumble on somehting new ! We ate in the hotel on a few occasions,Grand Lux cafe which was very good, reasonably priced and very tasty, Aquaknox which is a fish restuarant on the casino level, which was also very good but fairly expensive. We also went to the bar next door to Aquaknox called The public house which had a very good range of beers which you could peruse with one of thir Ipads ! Only downside was the fact that smoking is allowed in the casino and personally i would have preferred the casino area to be less brightly lit i.e like the Bellagio is - bit too bright i thought. But that is me being picky. All in all had a great time and would certainly recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't bother with an upgrade as the standard suites are more than adequate.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your experience. I am humbled to have received such thoughtful comments, for there really is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Your feedback is a testament and reflection of the continued success of The Venetian|The Palazzo’s diligent strides towards personalized and second-to-none service and for our clear and paramount five-diamond vision.

While I am pleased that your suite exceeded your expectations, I apologize that your check in experience lacked a level of exceptionality. Please be assured that we take your comments very seriously and will look into this matter.

Once again I genuinely thank you for your time and for your kind words, the words that have reminded us of our agreement, ability and empowerment to continue our pursuit of providing our guests with nothing less than the best. And for that, I am forever grateful.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,420)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rancho Cucamonga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This all suite hotel is overwhelmingly beautiful! The check in was easy & service was friendly. After the first day we were ale to figure out the casino and not get lost :) The room was fantastic, we had a view suite on the 27th floor. Although we contributed to the Vegas economy, we all in all had a wonderful time!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

I booked this for my fiancée 30th birthday for him and I and could never have dreamt of how amazing this hotel could be, when we checked in we were asked if we wanted an upgrade on the room for an extra $45 for a room with a view, I would recommend this to anyone that's staying in the hotel we could see all strip from our room and at night it was spectacular! We're getting married next year and didn't know where to go for our honeymoon and I think it was decided mutually that we'll head back to the Venetian, loved it!!!!:)

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed our opulent accommodations. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best amenities.

Thank you again for your review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to hosting you next year for your Honeymoon!

Leiden, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Las Vegas was the start of our honeymoon, and we were very happy to stay at the Venetian. We got a lovely suite when checking in. Not a strip view, but a still a very nice place to stay after a long day of exploring Las Vegas.

The staff at the hotel was very helpful, from the check-in at reception to the luggage service which helped us getting our delayed luggage back to us.

For people in need of water and some snacks, the Walgreens is located on the Palazzo side of the hotel, ideal to get to for some supplies.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your honeymoon celebration! Congratulations on this special occasion and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration.

I am pleased that you shared your tip about buying water and snacks at Walgreen's, located strip side at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I always appreciate it when past visitors take the time to share their advice with future travelers.

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you during future special occasions.

San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The Venetian is well-located on the strip and connected to the Palazzo. Between the two there are numerous restaurants with great food and choices at all levels of cost. The room was huge and had a terrific view, and the bathroom large and well-equipped. It is a few minutes walk to Mirage, Wynn, and Caesar's Palace. Valet parking and check-in was efficient. Service was very good and the hotel obviously has great systems for dealing with customers. Some of the furniture was a bit tired but the room was spacious and very comfortable.

Tips: Ask for a high floor (for the view). Use a bellman for check-out or for checking luggage.. You will get through the crowds faster, check your bags faster and get your car much faster. The basic service is free so a $5 tip for the bellman and $2 for the valet gets you out with no 1/2 hour wait at 11 AM when half the hotel turns over. Don't be shy to eat at the bar in the upscale restaurants, particularly if you just want one course or dessert or an appetizer. Often you just aren't hungry enough for a full meal. Besides, the barmen (or women) are always friendly and entertaining.

Definitely a do-again overall.

Room Tip: High floor with northern view.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed our opulent accommodations. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out vistas are equally amazing.

Thank you for providing such useful tips for your fellow travelers. Beyond the expedited nature of using our bellman and valet, it also allows the relaxation to start the moment you enter the front drive rather and last until you get back behind the wheel to go home.

Thank you again for your review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to hosting you here at The Venetian | The Palazzo many times in the future.

Petworth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We (4) have just returned from our tour of America and Hawaii . As a special treat we saved for a special stay at a , what we thought, top quality hotel in Vegas . What a let down. We arrived at 1.00 am. We were asked if we wanted to change our 2 suites for one 2 bedded suite !! Why ?? Then we were given a map to find our way to suites! It took us half hour to find, map was no help and no offer to take bags. When friends got up in morning they found that there was a fridge in room with a loaf of bread , eggs milk and yogurt all out of date and in a hotel! ?? In the bin was used tea bags ! Then in bathroom, plugs in double sinks were full of black gunk !! They took pictures as this is a health hazard. Our safe was locked and we could not use. To cut a long story short it took 2 days of asking for room to be cleaned and safe to be opened. Both were finally done at 23.30 and midnight !! When we complained we were offered 25 dollars to compensate, to be spent on food or beverages.. We were there for four days and we did not have bins emptied for three of those. Room was not hoovered. One day when we got back there was clean pillowcases thrown on floor and left , and no towels or shower mat. When checking out the young lady was not interested in our comments, in fact we caught her laughing to another staff member as we walked away. The staff on the concierge desk were also rude just telling people to stand IN LINE, no please. The Venetian spoiled our dream of grand comfort that we worked so hard to afford and tainted our 2 week holiday. We stayed at The Mandalay 2 years ago and it was much better. I would not recommend

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. After saving for so long and traveling so far it breaks my heart that your stay was not a complete success. I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian | The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay. It concerns me deeply to learn that your suite condition did not reflect a level of exceptionality. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department, which always welcomes suggestions for improvement.

I would also like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and our team for the multiple challenges you experienced with getting your suite cleaned and for the lack of service when it was brought to the attention of a manager. This is a matter that should have been easily addressed and rectified. I can’t express enough how disheartening it is to read about the challenges you encountered with your room accommodations.

Again, I extend my apologies and invite you to contact our guest relations department directly as I would like an opportunity to gather more details of the challenges you experienced and do what it takes to earn your future loyalty. It is my sincere hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

Newington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We recently stayed here for 3 nights - 2 rooms. Non-smoking floor. While we were given our rooms early check-in, the rooms do reek of smoke for a non-smoking floor. They allow anyone to smoke on the floor and anywhere, which was witnessed by all of us. Therefore the smoke does penetrate thru. We suffered from headaches from this as we had some sinus problems. Also the interior is not as elegant it appears in the photo. We had light bulbs and sockets not working. The celing lamp had missing bottom cover and many small items that are not worthy of a 4star hotel. Perhaps an holiday Inn express. It was a very nice hotel at one time - as this is our 2nd trip to this hotel. Seems they have not done any upkeep on the rooms since they opened in 2000. It was also full of school trip students, so naturally it is not an exclusive place like Bellagio, Casear's or Wynn - The room rate is reasonable until you start paying extras for everything including resort fees. This is fine as long as it's good accomodations. We will NEVER stay here agian. spend more upfront at another hotel and get the luxury they promise. Positive - Front desk staff was friendly at all times.

Room Tip: nothing to add
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am disheartened to read that your stay was not a complete success. I apologize specifically that you felt there was too much smoking in nonsmoking areas. This is not the standard of our resort and I apologize about your atypical experience.

I do apologize that you were bombarded by smoke during your time in Las Vegas. I wish I could provide much more solace and guidance regarding this issue, however, at this time, Las Vegas is most certainly a destination that caters to the smoking community. At The Venetian | The Palazzo, we aim to create an environment amenable to all our guests and I do apologize that this was not your experience.

It also concerns me deeply to learn that the condition of your suite did not reflect a level of exceptionality. It is never our intention to cause you any unnecessary stress or inconvenience. We constantly strive to provide each patron with an unmatched guest experience, creating a restful, relaxing and memorable visit. I do apologize that this was not your experience during your stay. I want to recommend our Venezia tower for your next visit to Las Vegas. While not complete yet, The Venezia tower is currently under renovation to address many of the concerns that you outlined regarding your suite. When complete the Venezia suites will be the newest suites on property and provide the same unparalleled experience of the Venetian main tower without the hustle and bustle. These suites will also allow you to avoid the smoky casino altogether when going and to and from the suite.

I also wanted to take a moment and clarify our resort fee. Many guests enjoy the many benefits that the resort fee offers. Included in the fee is complimentary internet access, access to our fitness center, a complimentary cup of coffee from Cafe Presse and daily newspaper among many other benefits. I am apologizing specifically that all the benefits of the resort fee were not more clearly explained to you as it is really one of the best values on property.

I would like to thank you for articulating the details of your experience. It is through communication, such as yours, that we are better able to monitor and improve services for our guests. Additionally, we are able to make certain that our team members are adhering to our Unmatched Guest Service Standards.

Should you wish to further discuss the details of your visit, I invite you to contact our guest relations department directly. It is my sincere hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

VP of Hotel Operations

Been to Venetian Resort Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!