“Great start of our honeymoon!” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   3355 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89109   |
Ranked #9 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Leiden, The Netherlands
“Great start of our honeymoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Las Vegas was the start of our honeymoon, and we were very happy to stay at the Venetian. We got a lovely suite when checking in. Not a strip view, but a still a very nice place to stay after a long day of exploring Las Vegas.

The staff at the hotel was very helpful, from the check-in at reception to the luggage service which helped us getting our delayed luggage back to us.

For people in need of water and some snacks, the Walgreens is located on the Palazzo side of the hotel, ideal to get to for some supplies.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your honeymoon celebration! Congratulations on this special occasion and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration.

I am pleased that you shared your tip about buying water and snacks at Walgreen's, located strip side at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I always appreciate it when past visitors take the time to share their advice with future travelers.

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you during future special occasions.

12,739 people have reviewed this hotel

2007
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,828)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The Venetian is well-located on the strip and connected to the Palazzo. Between the two there are numerous restaurants with great food and choices at all levels of cost. The room was huge and had a terrific view, and the bathroom large and well-equipped. It is a few minutes walk to Mirage, Wynn, and Caesar's Palace. Valet parking and check-in was efficient. Service was very good and the hotel obviously has great systems for dealing with customers. Some of the furniture was a bit tired but the room was spacious and very comfortable.

Tips: Ask for a high floor (for the view). Use a bellman for check-out or for checking luggage.. You will get through the crowds faster, check your bags faster and get your car much faster. The basic service is free so a $5 tip for the bellman and $2 for the valet gets you out with no 1/2 hour wait at 11 AM when half the hotel turns over. Don't be shy to eat at the bar in the upscale restaurants, particularly if you just want one course or dessert or an appetizer. Often you just aren't hungry enough for a full meal. Besides, the barmen (or women) are always friendly and entertaining.

Definitely a do-again overall.

Room Tip: High floor with northern view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed our opulent accommodations. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out vistas are equally amazing.

Thank you for providing such useful tips for your fellow travelers. Beyond the expedited nature of using our bellman and valet, it also allows the relaxation to start the moment you enter the front drive rather and last until you get back behind the wheel to go home.

Thank you again for your review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to hosting you here at The Venetian | The Palazzo many times in the future.

Petworth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We (4) have just returned from our tour of America and Hawaii . As a special treat we saved for a special stay at a , what we thought, top quality hotel in Vegas . What a let down. We arrived at 1.00 am. We were asked if we wanted to change our 2 suites for one 2 bedded suite !! Why ?? Then we were given a map to find our way to suites! It took us half hour to find, map was no help and no offer to take bags. When friends got up in morning they found that there was a fridge in room with a loaf of bread , eggs milk and yogurt all out of date and in a hotel! ?? In the bin was used tea bags ! Then in bathroom, plugs in double sinks were full of black gunk !! They took pictures as this is a health hazard. Our safe was locked and we could not use. To cut a long story short it took 2 days of asking for room to be cleaned and safe to be opened. Both were finally done at 23.30 and midnight !! When we complained we were offered 25 dollars to compensate, to be spent on food or beverages.. We were there for four days and we did not have bins emptied for three of those. Room was not hoovered. One day when we got back there was clean pillowcases thrown on floor and left , and no towels or shower mat. When checking out the young lady was not interested in our comments, in fact we caught her laughing to another staff member as we walked away. The staff on the concierge desk were also rude just telling people to stand IN LINE, no please. The Venetian spoiled our dream of grand comfort that we worked so hard to afford and tainted our 2 week holiday. We stayed at The Mandalay 2 years ago and it was much better. I would not recommend

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. After saving for so long and traveling so far it breaks my heart that your stay was not a complete success. I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian | The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay. It concerns me deeply to learn that your suite condition did not reflect a level of exceptionality. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department, which always welcomes suggestions for improvement.

I would also like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and our team for the multiple challenges you experienced with getting your suite cleaned and for the lack of service when it was brought to the attention of a manager. This is a matter that should have been easily addressed and rectified. I can’t express enough how disheartening it is to read about the challenges you encountered with your room accommodations.

Again, I extend my apologies and invite you to contact our guest relations department directly as I would like an opportunity to gather more details of the challenges you experienced and do what it takes to earn your future loyalty. It is my sincere hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

Newington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We recently stayed here for 3 nights - 2 rooms. Non-smoking floor. While we were given our rooms early check-in, the rooms do reek of smoke for a non-smoking floor. They allow anyone to smoke on the floor and anywhere, which was witnessed by all of us. Therefore the smoke does penetrate thru. We suffered from headaches from this as we had some sinus problems. Also the interior is not as elegant it appears in the photo. We had light bulbs and sockets not working. The celing lamp had missing bottom cover and many small items that are not worthy of a 4star hotel. Perhaps an holiday Inn express. It was a very nice hotel at one time - as this is our 2nd trip to this hotel. Seems they have not done any upkeep on the rooms since they opened in 2000. It was also full of school trip students, so naturally it is not an exclusive place like Bellagio, Casear's or Wynn - The room rate is reasonable until you start paying extras for everything including resort fees. This is fine as long as it's good accomodations. We will NEVER stay here agian. spend more upfront at another hotel and get the luxury they promise. Positive - Front desk staff was friendly at all times.

Room Tip: nothing to add
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am disheartened to read that your stay was not a complete success. I apologize specifically that you felt there was too much smoking in nonsmoking areas. This is not the standard of our resort and I apologize about your atypical experience.

I do apologize that you were bombarded by smoke during your time in Las Vegas. I wish I could provide much more solace and guidance regarding this issue, however, at this time, Las Vegas is most certainly a destination that caters to the smoking community. At The Venetian | The Palazzo, we aim to create an environment amenable to all our guests and I do apologize that this was not your experience.

It also concerns me deeply to learn that the condition of your suite did not reflect a level of exceptionality. It is never our intention to cause you any unnecessary stress or inconvenience. We constantly strive to provide each patron with an unmatched guest experience, creating a restful, relaxing and memorable visit. I do apologize that this was not your experience during your stay. I want to recommend our Venezia tower for your next visit to Las Vegas. While not complete yet, The Venezia tower is currently under renovation to address many of the concerns that you outlined regarding your suite. When complete the Venezia suites will be the newest suites on property and provide the same unparalleled experience of the Venetian main tower without the hustle and bustle. These suites will also allow you to avoid the smoky casino altogether when going and to and from the suite.

I also wanted to take a moment and clarify our resort fee. Many guests enjoy the many benefits that the resort fee offers. Included in the fee is complimentary internet access, access to our fitness center, a complimentary cup of coffee from Cafe Presse and daily newspaper among many other benefits. I am apologizing specifically that all the benefits of the resort fee were not more clearly explained to you as it is really one of the best values on property.

I would like to thank you for articulating the details of your experience. It is through communication, such as yours, that we are better able to monitor and improve services for our guests. Additionally, we are able to make certain that our team members are adhering to our Unmatched Guest Service Standards.

Should you wish to further discuss the details of your visit, I invite you to contact our guest relations department directly. It is my sincere hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

Hanford, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My sister's and I took my mom to Las Vegas for her birthday and stayed at the Venetian. We had a very nice time. Our flight was early and they were great about letting us check in early, that helped a lot. Everything was perfect; the room was fantastic and clean with all the amenities you could wish for. We ordered room service on night and everything was delicious. They did get a couple of things mixed up but took care of it right away and even gave us and extra meal. I have to say we didn't do well gambling there. We decided to get a cab and drive down town to play 21 at the Gold Nugget and did pretty well. I have to say you should really check out the fish tank/pool at the nugget it's pretty cool. Also a little tip, when going back to your room from the casino make sure you have your room key out before you get to the elevators so that the security guards don’t have to stop you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your sister's birthday celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration.

I also appreciate the around town feedback and advise that you gave to your fellow travelers. Las Vegas is a fabulous city and it is great when previous travelers such as yourselves share tips for potential future travelers.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

The Venetian is the best hotel I've ever stayed in when booking ask for the upgrade to get a view of the strip it's worth it the staff are excellent the restaurants on the casino floor are amazing buffet breakfast for 17 dollars all you can eat and anything you could want for breakfast. Then there's a noodle bar burger take away Italian and pizza and sandwich bar pizza is quality!!! Swimming area is huge and there is about 4 or 5 pools in total between the 2 hotels but the area on the 10th floor gets very busy very early but it also very hot in the pool area so bring your sun cream the casino isn't the biggest in Vegas but it's the cleanest and brightest I could go on and on but I don't want to spoil for anyone but its a must brilliant made my holiday!!!

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. What an honor it is for your to rank us as the "Best hotel ever!" I am glad that you enjoyed the complimentary upgrade to the guaranteed view of the strip from our opulent luxury suite. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best amenities.

Thank you for the detailed dining recommendations that you provided for your fellow travelers. With over thirty restaurants and nine James Beard award winning chefs, The Venetian | The Palazzo truly combine to create the unrivaled culinary capital of the world. The restaurants you mentioned bring back culinary memories of my own and I am pleased that you have such fond feelings for them as well.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your trip and I look forward to the honor of serving you on each and every future trip to Las Vegas.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is the biggest hotel I've ever stayed in, and I found this means you unfortunately feel like just a number. The many reviews done prior to mine generally summarise the room and hotel but here's my thoughts:

- the queues for check in and out can be very long - make sure you allow time for this if you have plans.
- housekeeping was a bit hit and miss, but our room was perfectly clean and stocked on arrival.
- would be nice to have umbrellas or similar around the pool.
- security to the rooms was good - you had to show your suite key to get through, except the Friday night we arrived there were people coming and going with no checking.
- I would have liked a fridge or a kettle / coffee machine available in the room. The suggestions of visiting Walgreens to get a foam icebox is helpful.
- Don't forget some form of ID if you wish to charge things to your room
- The lack of smokiness on our floor (level 11) was good - I did have some concerns before I arrived. The casino is really stinky & smoky though!
- really good fitness centre with friendly staff

Having now been to Vegas, I think for any future stays I would probably choose a hotel without a casino. But each to their own!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as your host you during your recent visit. I am humbled to have received your insightful comments, for there really is no greater way to improve our services than by receiving truly vital feedback from a valued guest.

I truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed me the opportunity to learn about your recent experience, and I also appreciate the feedback you have provided regarding our accommodations, placing umbrellas at the pool and your suggestions for in suite coffee maker. I sincerely apologize for the unnecessary stress that this imposed on you. It is through communication such as yours that I am better able to monitor and improve services for our guests, and I thank you kindly for your time in sharing your experience with us.

Your review stated your preference to be in a hotel without a casino. I want to recommend our Venezia tower for your next stay. Th Venezia suites will be the newest suites on property and provide the same unparalleled experience of the Venetian main tower without the hustle and bustle. These suite are accessible without ever going through the casino and might make for a more enjoyable experience.

Thank you for your feedback and should your travels take you back to Las Vegas, it is my sincere hope that your will give me the privilege of hosting you again at The Venetian | The Palazzo.

VP of Hotel Operations

Been to Venetian Resort Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!