“Agree...great place on Freemont Street” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hennessey's Tavern

Hennessey's Tavern
425 Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101-5620 (Downtown)
(702) 382-4421
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Richardson, Texas
“Agree...great place on Freemont Street”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

It's located at one end of the "Freemont Street experience". My wife and I shared a green salad and a Pub Club sandwich. The salad and the sandwich was plenty big for both of us, let alone one person! This was 11:00ish on a Saturday night and the place was still filling up as we departed. There was also a nice two-man group playing; fun songs and not TOO loud so you could still converse. Hennessey's would be good anywhere, but compared to the rest of the pitiful offerings on Freemont, this is the only place to go.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Wisconsin
“Great place on Freemont Street”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had dinner here one night during our Vegas stay. The location is perfect at the end of Freemont Street. The atmosphere is nice with seating above Freemont Street. We were seated right away and our waitress was very attentive thru-out the entire meal. The food was good and not over-priced like some places in Vegas are. We'd definitely go back again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Not Good!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Our waitress spent more time in the back room, where she could clearly be seen, smoking instead of taking the time to wait on us. The food was greasy - one could sqeeze the grease out of the "Irish Nachos" and the fish tasted frozen and cooked in oil that had not been changed in a long time. The side side - again in clear sight - was a big mess, with paper and food on the floor. The front door was un-hosted much of the time and I watched as three groups of people stood at the door and then left after no one approached . . . they were the lucky ones. We, unfortuatly got seated. I'll be skiping this place next time friends want to hang out downtown. There are too many other places to spend my bucks in.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

It was after a long day that I found myself in front of Hennessey's. After living in Puerto Rico for 3 years, spending some time in cooler dryer weather was a blessing. I went in early (6pm) and they said I could sit wherever I liked. I chose a table on the patio. They said, "are you sure you want to sit out here?" Absolutely! I had an awesome view of the fremont street light canopy and excellent people watching :) I ordered a daiquiri and the tomato bisque/grilled cheese combo. Everything was delicious and due to the chill in the air (40's) I had the patio almost to myself! Great service, great value, great location, great food.

Visited December 2012
Eagan, Minnesota
“Fun Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Really liked the band and the atmosphere. Service was great! Nice location at the end of Fremont Street.

Visited November 2012