“Outside needs work but rooms were clean! Cheap too” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Convention Center

You added Rodeway Inn Convention Center to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   220 Convention Center Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly Villa Roma Inn) (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #163 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Outside needs work but rooms were clean! Cheap too”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were only staying one night on our way out to California. Arrived very late at night. The locale is kinda scary and the outside of the hotel has seen better days. However, the rooms were neat and clean and very quiet, even for a Saturday night. Beds were comfy and you can't beat the cheap price. We had no problems here at all.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chesterfield, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nice location that is just off the strip near the Riviera (closing 5/4/15) and Circus Circus (which is still a dump). Rodway is an old hotel, probably 1950’s. Room 210 is right above the lobby and had a great view of the pool and nearby hotels, but was quiet with the AC on which worked well. Could not connect to the internet at all the first night, worked fine the next morning. Towels in bathroom had black hairs on them. The room is large. As mentioned in other reviews, parking is very odd, and the neighborhood feels a little seedy. Old style tube TV’s with about 50 channels, my remote did not work. Checkin was easy for me, but the couple in front of me took forever. They were very annoying and others in the lobby were just obnoxious (it is very loud lobby). Room 210 was spacious, bathroom was small, dated and had lights that not only didn’t flatter you, but made my teeth look horrific. Counter was large, towels are thin and rough, it took up to 5 minutes to get hot water. I slept good in the bed, which was much better than I expected. No sprinklers, but smoke detectors. Room smelled funny, not sure if it was paint, cleaner or the A/C, but I woke up with a headache the next morning. Loud noise from skydiving facility next door, so sitting by the pool is not pleasant. I paid $44.99 + 12% tax on a Saturday night, which was significantly cheaper than the casino hotels. Note there is no casino here, you have to walk to Riviera or Circus Circus, both are about 5 minutes away. Wynn/Encore is about a 10 minute walk. Since the motel is not on the strip, access from the east is very easy. Breakfast was very basic, I walked to Denny’s which is 5 minutes away on strip (great service).

Room Tip: Room 210 above the lobby was spacious and nice, but not near your car
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel room was ok for a few hours sleep.. after all in Vegas you don't sleep much :)

Spacious king size room

Free wifi

Not far from strip

No extra pillows in room so if you need any ask in advance..

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2015

I wish the rooms looked as good as the pictures!
Wi-fi was weak all the time
Shower changed temps from hot to cold to scalding and back every day. 2 outlets in the whole room. Had to move furniture to plug in laptop so I could work in a very dimly lit room, with low wattage bulbs. Hope you don't want to charge your phone and see it at the same time. outlets were near the floor behind bed or dresser.
Continental Breakfast offered no healthy options. Danish, bagels, cereal, milk, coffee and Sunny Delight. No juice or fruits at all.

Stayed 4 nights for a business trip - Never again. Had to stay there due to 3 large conventions in town.

Room Tip: Stay away from the side that has the indoor skydiving next to it. It really gets loud when they turn...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Long Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2015

Do not stay here! There is a single hot water heater, and my room was so far from it that it took 20 minutes for warm (never hot!) water to reach my room. The owners are aware of the problem, as many guests complain, but they won't spend the money to fix it. Otherwise this is a decent Rodeway Inn, and the staff are very helpful.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Long Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2015

While the hotel isn't technically on the strip, it's basically just a few minute walk away so that was really convenient.

When I drove up, I was a little turned off by the exterior which is definitely not too impressive. Parking is available around the building but the spots are really tiny and there isn't a whole lot of space to drive so it's a bit nerve-wrecking trying to avoid driving into longer cars.

The hotel lobby is rather small but nice. There i a tiny front desk window, an area for coffee, a desk with a computer and a seating area. It was clean and the young man checking me in was very friendly and welcoming.

As I walked up to my room on the second floor, I continued to feel a bit uncomfortable as the stairway and the hallway to the room (which is semi-outside) is in major need of a makeover. So I was bracing myself for the worst when I put my key card into the reader to open my door.

But I was pleasantly surprised as the rooms were very clean and spacious. The bed was big and quite comfy, I like it a bit more firm and the bed was definitely that. There is a desk in case you have to work right next to a TV. Two nightstands, a big closest and lots of space which was very nice. The bathroom was very clean and looked new. It has a bathtub/shower. Unfortunately just like so many other hotels, the shower head was designed for short people. I'm six feet so not outrageously tall but I had to duck a lot just to wet my hair which was not fun. Please be aware that that the water does not get hot. I turned it all the way up and it was lukewarm at best but at least it had great water pressure.

They have free Wifi but it's incredibly spotty and slow, I got disconnected several times and it took forever to load websites.

The thing that was really difficult for me and affected my ranking tremendously was the outside noise. Loud motorcycles, somewhat loud housekeeping, people walking past the door, planes flying by and I could hear basically everyone next or below to my room. I walk up so many times, it really affected my experience.

So in a nutshell, great rooms but everything else was below average. You save a lot of money staying here so depending on your priorities this may be a decent option but since I value a good night sleep more, I will probably not return but I definitely didn't hate it.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

I was having to travel to Vegas on a Saturday and as you may not know, the hotel prices in Vegas on Friday and Saturday night explode to great heights......yet I found this very clean and average hotel for only $72 on a Saturday night.....GREAT DEAL!!!!!! Minutes from the Wynn Hotel where one would pay seven times this amount for a Saturday night stay and trust me if you are only using the room to sleep well go with CLEAN and WELL KEPT place.....

Room Tip: If you are only using the room to sleep and not worried about the extras....go ahead and book it
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Rodeway Inn Convention Center? Share your experiences!