“Definitely worth staying at TI for the price & location!!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
$59 TV Ad Special
Ranked #100 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Rhode Island
“Definitely worth staying at TI for the price & location!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

My husband and I stayed here with my in-laws. It was their first time to Vegas and they loved TI as did we. We've stayed at a few other places, like the flamingo, harrah's, excalibur, venetian and boardwalk. Other than the Venetian (that was just amazing), this was the best place we've stayed BY FAR compared to the others i mentioned. The rooms were very clean, i was able to walk barefoot in the room without cringing and thats a huge test to pass for me! The beds were super comfortable as everyone else has mentioned. I found the rooms to be pretty sound-proof, we were right across from an ice machine so we could hear that every time it ran but we didn't lose sleep over it. The casino itself is decent, it's a little dark and definitely not the biggest compared to others around it but the tables never seemed to be too crowded and there were always alot of open machines to play on. We only ate at Francesco's (great pizza) & Canter's (all night deli & great onion rings), so I'm not sure of the other places but the food was food at the places we went to. I also loved that there was a starbucks, we got coffee there every morning! We went to see Mystere and loved it!! It's definitely worth waiting to book until you get there, if you can, cause they offer 2 for 1 tickets. The location is great too! The part of the strip that TI is located is DEFINITELY better than the other end and you can't beat the price for what you get!!
If you can't afford Wynn, Venetian, Bellagio or Encore...stay at TI!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,640)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

Seeing as there were many hotels to choose from for our package to Las Vegas I was worried that I might have chosen the wrong hotel. However, upon arriving I was pleasantly surprised and happy that we had chosen Treasure Island. By Vegas standards it is a "small" hotel and that suited us just fine. We could find our way around and yet we had all the services we needed. Our room was very well kept and even had a view of the strip. The beds were comfortable and the room was a good size as was the bathroom. We ate at 4 of the hotels restaurants and the food was above average quality (Kahunaville, Steak House, Coffe Shop & Pizzeria Francescos). The restaurants are not cheap but the food (especially the Steak House) was excellent. The casino was plenty big for our needs - it is a bit smoky but it is Las Vegas and I hate smoke and it did not bother me.
Now for the bad part. The service from the waiters to the front reception was very poor. We had a waitress in Kahunaville (Dianne) who was by far the worst I have ever had (she actually just threw our bill at us one morning when we said we wanted change back - I don't tip $8.00 on a $12.00 breakfast). The waiter in the Steak House was not overly friendly either. In a city like Vegas where most jobs are in the customer service area you would think that they would get that the tip corresponds to the service. If you have had a bad night and you are cranky (which the waitress kept telling everyone) we don't want to know.
Perhaps they could put on a customer satisfaction seminar for their staff. Also, if you need a fridge in your room it is an extra $15.00/night. For a nice hotel like this I found that a bit tacky - most hotels now have mini fridges in the rooms.

Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

The Treasure Island (TI) is a perfectly nice hotel. The rooms are clean, new, beds incredibly comfortable, bathroom spacious. The staff are very accommodating, gave good information, knew how to answer any and all questions we had, and were friendly at all times. The bell boys an taxi hailers were especially fast and courteous. The restaurants were just what we wanted, Steak House had great food/service and the Coffee Shop gave you huge portions at decent prices. You could want for nothing at the buffet.

We liked the little lounge Mist, just disco music but the female bartender gave us free shooters a few times and we were two females! We partied with 2 married couples there, again, just down-to-earth fun people stay at this hotel.

We're not gamblers so the casino didn't matter to us. Seemed as nice as any other casino we saw walking the strip.

Love the outside of this hotel with the moat and ship. Never saw the Pirate show but then we always had other plans. We saw Mystere, Cirque du Soleil at TI, got 2 for 1 tickets so only spent $50 each. VERY worthwhile, I would recommend this show to everyone. Beautiful and stunning.

TI's pool is so-so. It's a slab of concrete with a pool and a ton of loungers. Not too many trees or imagination. But we weren't there for laying around so it didn't matter to us. We saw some other hotels with lovely pools (Mirage, Bellagio, even Flamingo)

When you walk the strip in Vegas, you will soon learn there is 3 levels of hotels and they are what I call: humble, middle of the road, and GRANDIOSE. TI is a middle-of-the-road hotel. It's still very large, and has a pedway to the Fashion Show Mall next door, and a tram to the Mirage hotel on the other side. It has nice carpeting throughout and several choices for food, so gives you a feel of comfort. But when you walk the strip and tour the Bellagio, New York, New York, MGM Grand, the Venetian, Wynn (we didn't make it to Caesar's Palace), you will see hotels on an even grander scale! The lobbies alone are a feast to the eyes.

For the money we paid, I am 200% happy about staying at the TI. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Although the fabulous character of New York, New York beckons me ...

Viva Las Vegas! I'll be back.

Orange, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

I remember staying at the Treasure Island (before they are known as the hip T.I.) several years back. This was when I was still in college, and our frat planned out a vegas trip. We had 4 dudes, and 2 sharing a queen sized bed. The rooms were not very spacious, and I barely had any room to move around when I was sleeping. We probably should've gotten 2 seperate rooms, but we were trying to save a buck.

The bathrooms were huge, and they had a TV setup. The view onto the strip had to be the best part. I have to admit, they do make their rooms frat guy proof. One of my friends got wasted and wanted to toss a tall glass vase down the stairwell. But it turns out they were super glued to the cabinet. His plans were foiled probably for a good reason.

The casino hall way had a lot of cute girl traffic on a regular basis. Also during the evenings they had an awesome pirate show. I saw it once, and had to see it again after I got hammered. This is a good place to stay if you have some roommates, otherwise expect to pay 4 star resort prices.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

TI offered us 3 free nights and a slot tournament. We had never stayed there before. We were very happy with the room and casino. The slot tournament was well run and ended with a nice banquet.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
New york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

The 1st day almost ruined it for the rest of my stay at TI. My friend and I checked in got our keys and headed to our room where we were greeted buy an unclean, filthy room that looked as though the room was recently used. We called down to the front desk who assured us that someone was coming up to clean the room and also give us a key to another room. Not... someone came up to inspect the room to see if we were telling the truth. We then had to take all our luggage back downstairs to speak to someone at the front desk. He offered an "upgrade" which was the same style room on a higher floor. To our dismay the linens on the beds were dirty and we had to ask to have someone come up and change the linens. Housekeepng did come and give us new linens. As a result of this we were not really interested in looking around the hotel to see what it had to offer. However on our last day in LV we found out that the hotel had a little more to offer than we thought. Also the lobby smelled of smoke. Would I recommend this hotel to anyone else, no, especially if you're a non smoker. It was not the worst but the service at the begining ruined any chance of it coming close to being onthe top 10 list. First impressions do count.

Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

Don't believe everything you hear... If it sounds too good to be true, it may be... Yes we've all been told to be cautious. In this economy, we should be. However, you are considering VEGAS... Come on....
Treasure Island is the ONLY way to go. Great Food. Loose Slots... and Location, Location, Location. Viva Las Vegas. From walking the Strip to catching a dip in the pool or a great show, this is Vegas. Treasure Island is the best value for your money. The staff is incredible and the food and drinks palatable. I did Vegas alone and was well pleased.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

Been to Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!