“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #97 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
Singapore
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel was centrally located, very close to Venetian and Ceasers palace.
The stakes at the casino too were not too high... and we got a good deal online. The rooms were nice and comfy- although surprisingly there were no water bottles, kettle/teabags/coffee nor were there bathroom slippers which one would expect in such a hotel.
On the whole a great stay!

Room Tip: One should choose the rooms facing the strip. We could see the Bellagio fountain from our room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

7,745 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,450)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed at TI many times with great experiences, but this time, it was mixed at best. The room was fine and clean as usual. For this stay, my room included BOGO buffet. After watching a show in TI, we went to for the TI buffet. There was still a small line since the buffet stated that it close at 10pm. We got in at around 9:30pm. The cashier instead of warning us that the buffet would close soon, they took our money as if everything was fine. We took it as if it is ok to go in the buffet and expect the usual buffet variety of food put out. After we were seated, the server gave us the warning that they are closing in 30min. Instead of getting greeted, we kind of feel like they want us to eat fast and leave. We thought that would be fine, its late and we dont want to eat too much anyway. When we got to the food, most of the food were put away and the remaining items were like left over. And I thought the display said they were close at 10 and not 9:30pm. Luckily we got the BOGO deal for the buffet, if I paid full price, I would probably ask for our money back. If there are not going to be food in the buffet and wants to close at 9:30, then dont take peoples money and dont let people in. At hind sight, a cafe for late evening dinning would be a better choice. Beside the buffet incident, the hotel stayed were satisfactory. The room was clean, and the room were facing the strip, a very nice bonus. I would probably stay at TI again, but dont eat at the buffet.

Room Tip: Dont eat buffet near closing time.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Laguna Niguel, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

It had been years since I had stepped foot in the Treasure Island Hotel, so I was pleasantly surprised on my July visit. A friend and I decided on this hotel because of a Groupon deal for a two night stay (two queen beds in a strip view room) plus 2 tickets to their Cirque Du Soleil show. I felt it was a great place to stay if you're looking for something less expensive that also happens to be in the middle of the strip! The room was carpeted with modern furniture and décor. It was clean and comfortable. Their are no night clubs in the hotel and I thought the pool area was too small, but I would stay here again in the future!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sanford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have stayed at Treasure Island many times in my visits to Las Vegas. There are more glamorous resorts to be sure, but for the money and the location, you can't beat TI. One of the best selling points is the location. You are right across the street from the Venetian, next to the Mirage, and just up the street is Caesars Palace.. And right next door is a large mall. Be sure to see Mystere-Cirque du Soleil show while at TI.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get a Strip View room. Worth the extra money for the view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chepachet, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

During our recent trip to Mirage hotel we spent a day and a half at Treasure Island and really enjoyed it. We have stayed here in the past and have always enjoyed it. The casino is nice and friendly. They have nice restaurants like the Crab Shack that has great sea food, and Gillies that has great barbecue and lots of fun. There is also a 24 hour café that serves all kinds of meals.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I did my trip advisor research before going to TI, and I have to say that I'm shocked by some reviews. So here is mine. On arrival the receptionist could not have been more friendly and helpful. I visited the desk a few times in the week for info and found each member of staff equally as pleasant and thorough.
The room was cleaned thoroughly every day, housekeeping were just as friendly as the reception staff. It's always worth leaving house keeping a little something each day as they work very hard. Cadbury chocolate always goes down well!
There is a varied selection of restaurants and eateries in the building. The ones we visited all gave good service and very good food. The casino looked to be on a par with others, although I don't use them so can't comment fairly.
The pool is open from 8am- 8pm to TI guests only. There are plenty of Sun lounges and clean towels. There are also cabanas to rent (again I didn't use one so can't comment).
The TI show is on four times a night starting at 7 and is great fun for all ages to watch. The hotel is within 5 minutes walk from the fashion show mall, plenty of good bargains in there!
I have given the hotel a four only because they don't have free WiFi for guests like a lot of the other hotels do. The charge for this is $20 a day which I think is a bit steep. However if you cross the road to the Wynne or the Venetian you can get onto their open networks.
The resort fee that a few others have mentioned is optional and you will not be made to pay it. Just say no thank you.
All in all I would say well worth a visit and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: When you arrive, tell reception what type of room you require and they will accommodate where possib...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
ngaminova
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We got a great rate through Expedia ($47 per night+$28 daily resort fee). Usually we like to stay at Vdara or Wynn but couldn't pass up the rate. For my boyfriend and me, the cons outweigh the pros.

Pros: close to Walgreens, Starbucks, Wynn, and Venetian/Palazzo, cheap rates
Cons: terrible ventilation in casino, hallways leading to rooms, and room itself; also very unfriendly staff

The casino was terribly smoky with a mixture of vanilla perfume/scent that failed to mask the smoke. We had a non-smoking room but the hallway reaked of cigarettes and the room was questionable. Boyfriend would get itchy, watery eyes and nose that would clear up as soon as we would leave the property.

Staff was curt at best. Not sure how some of the previous reviewers came across "friendly" staff. We sure didn't.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!